Running Club? New here looking to meet new people and enjoy the many parks in Munich

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm new here in Munich and on Toytown, and I love jogging and running outside. BUT, always going alone (all of my friends here refuse to join me) gets a bit boring. Hence, I would love to find a running/jogging group through which I could meet new people and enjoy fun and interesting conversations :) I am 22, grew up in Vail, Colorado, and grew up skiing (Nordic and Alpine), so cold weather has never deterred me from an adventurous run through sleet, rain, or snow. Anyone have any leads or interest in joining me maybe once or twice a week?  

Grüße

Eva

P.S. I live near the Perlacher Forst, but I would be interested in exploring other running spots around Munich :) 

There are several running groups on meetup.com or via facebook. However, for an English-speaking running group with a difference, try the Munich Hash House Harriers (search on Toytown or just Google...)

Hi Eva, 

We have a run every month in our Women's Sport, Well-being & Happiness meetup group. We run in a different location in Munich the first Monday of every month- its a really fun group of women and a great place to connect and find new sports partners. Our next run is Mon 5th December - check out the link.

Also there are a number of weekly runs organised by various sports shops- I go fairly often to Urban Runners Munich - look them up on facebook and you'll see all the info.

Happy running and maybe see you on the 5th!

Ceri

Hi! I'm a bit late in finding this and I don't live in Munich (I'm in Freising) but I have been trying to get out and run with others more often because I tend to always run alone. Have you managed to find a group and/or still interested in finding new people to run with?

On 11/8/2016, 6:58:16, Eva S said:

Hi All,

I'm new here in Munich and on Toytown, and I love jogging and running outside. BUT, always going alone (all of my friends here refuse to join me) gets a bit boring. Hence, I would love to find a running/jogging group through which I could meet new people and enjoy fun and interesting conversations :) I am 22, grew up in Vail, Colorado, and grew up skiing (Nordic and Alpine), so cold weather has never deterred me from an adventurous run through sleet, rain, or snow. Anyone have any leads or interest in joining me maybe once or twice a week?  

Grüße

Eva

P.S. I live near the Perlacher Forst, but I would be interested in exploring other running spots around Munich :) 

Hey Eva!

I realize this post is old, but I just joined this group and was so excited to see your post! I am also from Colorado and will be moving to Munich next month! Have you found a running group?? I would love to join you once I come to Munich.

Katie