Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recommended Movers in Munich?

5 posts in this topic

I need to move this December, and am looking for recommendations for companies/movers in Munich people have actually *used*. :) So please only movers you've worked with yourself.

(I know about myhammer etc., but would prefer firsthand reports. I don't trust anonymous online reviews)

I can pack my own boxes, but I need them to take down the furniture, transport within Munich, set up again, transport the boxes over.

I don't need them to pack/unpack boxes. ;)

Help!

Do you speak a bit of German? I have been using http://www.loewenumzuege.de/ just last month. They "demontage" and "montage" my furnitures and setup them up again. (plus around 50-60 boxes) I have called about 4-5 of different moving companies and they are the cheapest. The move was very smooth and stress free. Basically you can give them a call, they will come and have a look then they will give you a quotation. 

Good luck!

OK, Löwenumzüge came and gave me a surprisingly llooww  estimate (80 boxes, taking down setting up furniture, self packing)

I your experience, did they stick to the estimate, or did costs overrun?

I will compare with another moving company (Eisenbach, they said 100 boxes) and report back. :)

We used a company called AAA, I think, some years ago and they were great. Not sure if they're still around.

My father in law has used Tip Top twice and they were also good.

If you pack your own boxes, the contents won't be insured if I remember correctly. I would suggest just getting an estimate on them doing the packing so you can decide if self-packing is worth the hassle. That's what I've always done. They bring the boxes and materials and are done in no time. It may take you some days to pack. Up to you. Tip Top even took their boxes back after they were unpacked.

I used Smoovr.de - a site that made it nice and easy, and all communication in English.

You can send pics/vids of what you want to move, and then they connect you with a company, sort out No Parking Zones, extra services, etc.  

Moving team (I cant remember exact name of company) was great - showed up on time, packed quickly, disassembled beds and large wardrobe with no problem.  Movers didnt speak much English, but communication was with Smoovr via WhatsApp, so didnt really much German other than pointing 'hier bitte' and 'danke!