Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with used car purchase

9 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I am looking for a used car to purchase. I have got one offer from one Autohändler and I have couple of questions regarding this.

The car is  VW Tiguan 2012 Model. KM Stand is 75000km and Price is 19000 (negotiated)

The contract is here attached ..excuse me as I have only kept relevant information in it.

1. The first headline states that it is ohne Garantie (Eigenschäft) ... The seller has told me that he does not give any guaranty but only Gewährleistung for 1 Jahr. So is it in line with what is written there? Does it not have to be mentioned that he is giving me 1 Jahr gewährleistung?

2. Down below it is written as "dem verkäufer sind unfallschäden bekannt --> Ja"  

This is what that really make me nervous. Does it mean it is Unfall Wagen?  I have personally asked if the car is Unfallfrei then he said it is Unfallfrei but in the contract when I see something like this then I am not sure. I have also tried to search for standard vertrags ..in that I have found one specific paragraph where the seller can write the things like  , please see the other attachment. 

I have even tested the car from Garage and have received OK from Garage Mechanic.

Should I ask something like these things from my seller and modify his standard contract?

Please suggest and thanks in advance.

- Sachin

Angaben des Verkäufers.JPG

vertrag_frage.png

You have noticed the bit where it tells  you that it is affected by the exhaust scandal and at some point will be subject to VM recall action

I guess this isn't a main dealer?

Personally I wouldn't buy without an extensive guarantee, even if I had to pay a little extra for one.

I was looking for a used car myself a few months ago and found exactly what I wanted but the seller refused to offer a guarantee. In fact he refused to even sell the car to me as he would only sell it without a guarantee to a registered business owner and I'm not.

In the end, after looking far and wide I eventually decided to look more towards a new one and having ordered one a few weeks ago I'm due to get dleivery in late November.

If you're looking to spend up to around €20K can't you find something suitable that's newer with less KM or even brand new?

Just my tuppence but good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanx Malt-teaser for your open suggestions. 1st let me tell you, I am open to all the suggestions which come to your mind . So dont mind. But this being my first CAR , i am extra conscious and hence wish to get clarity on possibly most of the things.

In that respect , I would certainly would give a second thought to your suggestions.

Coming back to my first problem. Does this deal look suspicious? I mean firstly it is  Auftrag and not vertrag ... And there is only single place where my signatures are required. When shall I receive then Kaufvertrag with dealers signature? And the original questions as well.

I can also recommend new. I'm not sure what the situation is in Bremen but in Munich there are quite a few places selling "EU-Neuwagen". I'm not sure exactly what you are after but here is a brand new Ford Kuga for €18k from the place I got my Focus a few years ago. As they are new cars they come with the manufacturers guarantee. 2 years in the case of Ford. You have to watch out a little bit because the guarantee starts on the date that the dealer bought the car, not when you buy it (technically you are the second owner). But my local Ford garage carried out a decent repair when my car was still under warranty, no problem.

It also says that the car has been partially re-painted so it may have been accident free but the previous owner could have scraped the side of his garage or something which is not considered an accident per se.  

Another way to get an almost new car is to buy what is called a Jahreswagen or a Vorfuhrwagen (test car).  They have very low kilometers on the clock and are often deeply discounted with a good portion of the guarantee still left.  With new cars, they can lose 20-30% or more in the first year.

Edit: And if you look on Autoscout, you can find a 2016 Skoda Yeti for the same price with 3000km on it. The Skoda Yeti is built on the older Tiguan platform which is the same as the one you are looking at.  Styling is different but essentially the same car.

Hi sachinh1980,

I bought some used  cars since I am in Germany, but in all the cases thought an official handler. Normally they will offer a 2 years warranty.

In two occasions I had to use the warranty because of some issues with the brakes and something with a not working sensor.

In you case I wouldn't buy a used car without warranty. Regarding the umfallschäden  if you asked and he said NO and then in the contract states something different... well it can always be a misunderstanding perhaps you should ask.

Unfallschaden entry and the sellers answer does not add up.

In my case , it was mentioned clearly in contract whether the vehicle is unfallfrei or not.  Since you are not aware of any accident s that should be mentioned in the contract.

Also, if it is a 75k clocked Diesel , for that price without a warranty I would think twice . I just unclogged a dpf and costed me 500 euro.