Is it legal to collect pine cones in Germany

6 posts in this topic

My wife is thinking to collect pine cones and process it for decoration purpose. She is also thinking to start a online portal for selling it (It is in early stage of business plan). Do we really need permission to collect pine cones in Germany (I know animals benefit from pine cones. And it is part of the cycle in the nature). If there is a need to get permission, do we need to get the permission from the state or federal departments. Any advice would be beneficial. 

You need permission from forest owner since forest is private property (even if owned by some public entity). It can be a private person, municipality, federal state or community, so first you have to figure out who owns the forest. 

Small amount of pine cones is allowed without permission.

http://www.swr.de/swr4/bw/tipps/rechtstipp-wald/-/id=258208/did=12087026/nid=258208/126xj6z/index.html

P.S. It's forbidden to collect anything from sites marked as Naturschutzgebiet (nature protection area).

38 minutes ago, Anton anonymous said:

Do we really need permission to collect pine cones in Germany (I know animals benefit from pine cones. And it is part of the cycle in the nature). If there is a need to get permission, do we need to get the permission from the state or federal departments. Any advice would be beneficial. 

You can collect pine cones (berries, mushrooms) for your own purpose (but not from protected areas), small amounts, not for selling. You need permission then from the owners of the wood. Contact your local forest warden's office to find out whether you get permission for state forest or not and to locate that state forests. In private woods you need the private owners permission.

http://www.forstwirtschaft-in-deutschland.de/waelder-entdecken/wald-knigge/

Thanks a lot every one.Very informative Toytown always.. Also provide if you have any further information. (links to state forest"s office address etc)..someonesdaughteryourkeauRelativeDimensions Thanks a lot.

RelativeDimension.. I will let you know when the business starts to collect from your garden (Lol....). Have a great day...