Awaiting TT account verification

4 posts in this topic

This isn't for me -- I've been lurking for the better part of 6 years now! Tried the search, just came up with a bunch of banking threads.

Trying to help out the OP from this thread on Reddit:

https://np.reddit.com/r/germany/comments/56jvc4/toytown_germany_account_approval/

They've tried to register here. Got the email verification, and now they're account is pending "account verification". Supposedly a moderator is to verify new accounts? It's been months, and they've gotten nowhere -- and of course, can't post here, because their account hasn't been verified! 

Their pending account is under the same name: "finech" 

Any mods check here actively, and can see what's going on? 

Thanks guys. 

This happened to me when I signed up in January 2016.  After about a week with no activation, I started sending e-mails to the parent company; the first few e-mails finally got no responses, but after about the third e-mail my account was finally activated.  They don't make it easy!

AFAIK, the account notification is just a mail (with an activation link) send to the mail address you've provided. Just to check if the email is real. If you had a typo in that mail address *or* the mail ended in your spam folder (depending on the settings of your mail program) *or* they didn't grasp that you need to click on the link in that email, the activation will be pending forever.

Tell that bloke to retry, and to click the link in the verification email (and to watch the content in his Spam folder if no mail arrives).

franklan: he got the email verification link months ago. Verified the email, but he just gets a message saying his account is pending verification by a moderator. Not sure if it's a new feature on TT, I've been registered since like 2010 (I hardly ever post though -- super lurker haha). 

naberlin: that sounds like the same situation. I'll pass along what you wrote, and see if he can try that out.