Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

gas heating in room . Dont know how to start it :)

10 posts in this topic

Dear all

Does anyone knows how to start this gas device in my room ? :)

I tried pressing the buttons but they dont do anything

IMG-20161003-WA0007.jpg

The round dial is already in the correct position, facing to the spark sign (= that ragged star).

If that round dial can be pressed into the box, press it and keep it pressed with your left hand, this will allow gas to flow.

At the same time, with your right hand repeatedly press the octagonal/square button with the star on it that is above the round dial completely into the box and release it again (it will spring back out), press it again, and so on. Pressing this  octagonal/square button will each time create a spark in the heater, and ignite the gas (it's piezoelectric).

As soon as you see a small flame through the observation window in the heater (somewhere above the area you photographed), you can stop repeatedly pressing/releasing the octagonal/square button, but still keep the round dial pressed into the box for a few more minutes, so that the flame doesn't go out (there's a small heat sensor near the flame, and if it hasn't yet heated up enough, it will interrupt the gas flow again and the small flame will go out).

Once you're satisfied that the flame is burning steadily, release the round dial, i.e. no longer press it into the box, and turn the dial to position 5.

That's it.

Should the flame ever go out again, repeat this process.

12 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

The round dial is already in the correct position, facing to the spark sign (= that ragged star).

If that round dial can be pressed into the box, press it and keep it pressed with your left hand, this will allow gas to flow.

At the same time, with your right hand repeatedly press the octagonal/square button with the star on it that is above the round dial completely into the box and release it again (it will spring back out), press it again, and so on. Pressing this  octagonal/square button will each time create a spark in the heater, and ignite the gas (it's piezoelectric).

As soon as you see a small flame through the observation window in the heater (somewhere above the area you photographed), you can stop repeatedly pressing/releasing the octagonal/square button, but still keep the round dial pressed into the box for a few more minutes, so that the flame doesn't go out (there's a small heat sensor near the flame, and if it hasn't yet heated up enough, it will interrupt the gas flow again and the small flame will go out).

Once you're satisfied that the flame is burning steadily, release the round dial, i.e. no longer press it into the box, and turn the dial to position 5.

That's it.

Should the flame ever go out again, repeat this process.

Thanx

Another question

Wouldnt this gaz device consume the oxygen in my room if i leave it full power at night ?

I dont want to wake up dead lol

No, that's not a problem.

Is the former tenant still alive?

If yes, you should also survive ;)

However, I would strongly suggest investing in a carbon monoxide detector which would emit an alarm should the CO-level become dangerous, e.g. this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00XVUETFI/

That heater is old (modern ones do not use a spark button, but instead start automatically), and old heaters can malfunction, which can be deadly: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/schwabing-die-gasheizung-bringt-den-tod-1.3172873

Further reading in Romanian: 

You love his Threads??

I wonder how the hell he managed to find his way out of Romania!!

I also wonder how its ging with his soon to be departed girlfriend... 

13 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I also wonder how its ging with his soon to be departed girlfriend... 

They broke up, SP. He mentioned that on another thread.

11 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

No, that's not a problem.

Is the former tenant still alive?

If yes, you should also survive ;)

However, I would strongly suggest investing in a carbon monoxide detector which would emit an alarm should the CO-level become dangerous, e.g. this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00XVUETFI/

That heater is old (modern ones do not use a spark button, but instead start automatically), and old heaters can malfunction, which can be deadly: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/muenchen/schwabing-die-gasheizung-bringt-den-tod-1.3172873

Further reading in Romanian: 

Thanx i already ordered

Kidde 10LLDCO Kohlenmonoxid-Alarm (mit versiegelter Batterie, 10 Jahre Garantie)