O2 DSL customers - I have a question for you!

13 posts in this topic

Ordered O2 DSL last week. They had messed up my initial order so agreed to try to expedite things. Within 2 days, the Fritzbox 7490 arrived and we were advised that a technician would visit the property on 28/9 (today). He came and did his thing and said all should be good to go once O2 supply a username and password to input into the Fritzbox interface. 

Here's the thing. We haven't received either of these. We received a kundennumber and the new landline phone number in a text message, but nothing to indicate whether one or both of these consitutes a username/password. 

We've tried calling the O2 hotline, they ask us to input the telephone number for the property and we then get diverted to an automated message telling us the day of the technician visit (today!) and then it hangs up! 

I've managed to reset a password to access the "Mein O2" online customer portal and this enabled me to view a username and password for that online portal. However I've tried entering those details into the Fritzbox interface and no dice. Doesn't work. 

Here's my main question; is the username/password for the "Mein O2" customer service portal the same username/password combination that is entered into the Fritzbox?  Should those details work when inputted into the Fritzbox? 

11 hours ago, CustomX said:

Ordered O2 DSL last week. They had messed up my initial order so agreed to try to expedite things. Within 2 days, the Fritzbox 7490 arrived and we were advised that a technician would visit the property on 28/9 (today). He came and did his thing and said all should be good to go once O2 supply a username and password to input into the Fritzbox interface. 

Here's the thing. We haven't received either of these. We received a kundennumber and the new landline phone number in a text message, but nothing to indicate whether one or both of these consitutes a username/password. 

We've tried calling the O2 hotline, they ask us to input the telephone number for the property and we then get diverted to an automated message telling us the day of the technician visit (today!) and then it hangs up! 

I've managed to reset a password to access the "Mein O2" online customer portal and this enabled me to view a username and password for that online portal. However I've tried entering those details into the Fritzbox interface and no dice. Doesn't work. 

Here's my main question; is the username/password for the "Mein O2" customer service portal the same username/password combination that is entered into the Fritzbox?  Should those details work when inputted into the Fritzbox? 

Well 02 messed up my initial order as well, but in my case they didn't apply to correct discounts that were promised (so watch your first bill!).

I can tell you that my "Mein o2" username is not exactly the same as my username that I entered into the "zugangsdaten" in the fritzbox.  But it is very close!  

However, I can tell you that if you go into the "personal data" in "Mein O2" then there is a "zugangsdaten" option here where you can see details and generate a new password (although I have not tried it and I don't know if it is immediate or not!)

But to be honest, if I was you I would do the following;

Check all mail that you already have from O2 very carefully to make sure that it has not been missed.

Wait for the post today, to see if it arrives

If not, call them today during office hours and explain.

If I remember correctly, then when I set-up my o2 fritz.box then I just had to select O2 as the operator and then I entered some special code which then set-up everything else for me.  Although I can't remember if that included the user & password or if I entered it separately.

Thx for the feedback! Definitely haven't missed anything. Have combed thru all comm's. 

Your last paragraph is correct. After entering the fritzbox admin password it asks you to select o2 DSL from a drop down. The next step asks for username and password. That's where I'm stuck. 

I already did the password reset in Mein O2. It was pretty instantaneous. However the username (which is also the landline phone number) and passed combination didn't work when punched into Fritzbox. 

Calling during office hours yesterday proved to be useless And frustrating. It prompts for the landline number and when that's entered it transfers to an automated voice message that tells the technician date (already passed) and then hangs up on me! 

I'm possibly just jumping the gun and some type of comm from o2 will arrive soon. 

I got my username and password in the same package that the DSL box got delivered with. 

I´d try to phone their cellphone hotline, describe your problem and ask them to put you through to their DSL tech departement. The (possibly outdated) number I´ve still stored in my contacts is 08005251378.

Just now, Adem137 said:

I got my username and password in the same package that the DSL box got delivered with. 

How long ago was this, Adem? 

2 hours ago, CustomX said:

I already did the password reset in Mein O2. It was pretty instantaneous. However the username (which is also the landline phone number) and passed combination didn't work when punched into Fritzbox. 

On my box the second part of the username is "@s93.bbi-o2.de".

You could try that at the end and see.  But I would guess that s93 refers to a specific server would might not be valid in your case!  It could be geographic or customer specific. 

Can any O2 customer tell me if they can find their username and password in their "Mein O2" portal? 

Thanks Lenka. Thats the username and password to get into the "Mein o2" portal. Its not the username and password to get the internet running. 

My wife rung up the customer service line and after much faffing about, finally got the details.  And they work. 

The username is indeed as dj jay smith said - the phonenumber followed by @s93.bbi etc 

I'm still bemused that we had to call and chase the details down from o2. And I'd like to know when/how they are communicated and store normally. It seems rather obvious that they should be accessible somewhere in "MEin o2" portal, yet from what I an tell, they aren't.  

Ah ok, I got those in an email 3 days after I placed my order. The email itself was called 'Ihr o2 DSL Auftrag (Kundennummer DEXXXXXXXX)' and there were 2 PDF documents attached. One of these, 'Auftragsbestätigung', had all the details I needed. This was in January 2016.