Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Outlet shopping in/near Frankfurt

6 posts in this topic

Hiya all,

Does anyone know of any outlet shopping in Frankfurt or nearby? Or - am I literally wasting my time, cause true outlet shopping just doesn't exist in Germany? What's Werthhem-Village like? I always pass it on my way to Munich - but never have the chance to stop.

Thanks for your tips!

Is that the castle/medieval style place? If it is, I've seen it also.

I imagine its a factory outlet type of set up... but I must stress that that is only a guess.

Werthhem-Village

Spent an hour and a half getting there, walked around in 20 mins and left. Outlet shopping at its worst and to tell you the truth its not even shopping. They have opened it before they have managed to fill the vacant leases. Its looks very nice and interesting from the outside but its really not what you know "outlet shopping" to be. :(

There is an large outler centre in Zweibruecken, a good selection of shops too.

Zweibruecken outlet centre

It is a bit of a drive from Frankfurt, maybe an hour and a half. Alternatively come down to Stuttgart and go to the Hugo Boss/Tommy Hilfiger/Escada outlets. Mens stuff is very reasonably priced compared to the shops. Metzingen outlets Here is a list of the shops to whet your appetite.

Thanks Nicola, I'll look into the "Zweibruecken" outlet.

Alternatively come down to Stuttgart and go to the Hugo Boss/Tommy Hilfiger/Escada outlets.

It's primarily for men only - right?

The main outlets in Metzingen do have a decent selection of women's stuff too (Esprit, Ralph Lauren, Escada and Tommy Hilfiger) but I would say there were more bargains for men, especially if you were looking for suits, overcoats, business shirts and shoes. My husband is tall and 'round' but he managed to find a Boss suit for EUR 450 whereas in the big department store here in Stuttgart (Breuninger) they are about 700-800 for a suit.