Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

boundary fence - neighbour's plants

33 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2016, 10:12:39, SpiderPig said:

If I were you... I would grow a pair... get over it and every year or two, dismantle it and treat it...

You seem to have an obsession with thing growing...

Yes, you are not me - for example, I would never insult and make a presumption about a person that I don't know on an online forum. 

Even more reason to grow a pair!

On 9/16/2016, 10:12:39, SpiderPig said:

You seem to have an obsession with thing growing...

8 hours ago, pmd said:

Yes, you are not me - for example, I would never insult and make a presumption about a person that I don't know on an online forum. 

Well, you do seem put out by your neighbour's plants which don't sound particularly invasive, and on another thread you recently seemed similarly put out that someone let a native plant grow on the pavement rather than ripping out like a proper minded person would do.

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:
4 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Well, you do seem put out by your neighbour's plants which don't sound particularly invasive, and on another thread you recently seemed similarly 

put out that someone let a native plant grow on the pavement rather than ripping out like a proper minded person would do.

So two posts on pulling up weeds warrants someone to personally insult me and use the the word 'obsessed'?

I also posted about widening a footpath - does that make me 'obsessed' about footpaths too?

20 minutes ago, pmd said:

So two posts on pulling up weeds warrants someone to personally insult me and use the the word 'obsessed'?

I also posted about widening a footpath - does that make me 'obsessed' about footpaths too?

wellll, in that one you did mention that people's hedges making the footpath narrower was one of your bugbears.

a bugbear being " A cause of obsessive fear, anxiety, or irritation" ...:rolleyes:

But I think you are taking SP too seriously, he was just taking the piss a bit.

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Even more reason to grow a pair!

More of the same personal insults?

Thanks again to all who gave constructive advice which was all I was looking for.

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:
17 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

wellll, in that one you did mention that people's hedges making the footpath narrower was one of your bugbears.

a bugbear being " A cause of obsessive fear, anxiety, or irritation" ...:rolleyes:

But I think you are taking SP too seriously, he was just taking the piss a 

Oh yeah, I did mention hedges in that post, I have to admit.

So let's just say it's a slight obsession, shall we? :-)

And maybe I was a bit too touchy towards Spiderpig's contributions..

Chill pmd. Toytown can sometimes become Trolltown.

After a quick read, your new fence is legally the border of your property, yes?

If so, your neighbours can't take advantage of you building a new fence, or growing their plants up/on your property. It's your property. I know this from history (with a stone wall).

The previous double fence was there for a reason. And the 3cm? Think of it like a demarcaction zone, aka North and South Korea.

Yes, I think you've inherited bad blood. I'm guessing your neighbours are elderly german?

33 minutes ago, pmd said:

And maybe I was a bit too touchy towards Spiderpig's contributions..

Donna worry, slight piss take or a monster one... Neigher one was really meant to insult... No malice intended.. ?

Sorry for digging in, but a question on the same subject - what if you have a fence (e.g. wooden) and want to remove it and construct a brick wall instead ? do you need any construction permission? or permission from your neighbour ? assuming you do it on your land's boundary of course. danke!

2 hours ago, dannys said:

Sorry for digging in, but a question on the same subject - what if you have a fence (e.g. wooden) and want to remove it and construct a brick wall instead ? do you need any construction permission? or permission from your neighbour ? assuming you do it on your land's boundary of course. danke!

I would enquire at the local Bauaufsichtsamt if building a brick wall as a boundary in your garden is permitted in your locality at all.

http://www.stadt-koeln.de/service/adressen/bauaufsichtsamt#

On 9/22/2016, 11:16:49, SpiderPig said:

Donna worry, slight piss take or a monster one... Neigher one was really meant to insult... No malice intended.. ?

Thanks Spiderpig

I've been thinking about this thread and my need to put order on things (plants!)..I wasn't really like this before I moved here. What has happened during the last 5 years is both my parents died suddenly - Mum in 2011 and Dad in 2014. I think that subconsciously I must be trying to put order on things I own or can affect maybe because I now realise that there are bigger things that I don't have any control over.