Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Handyman to replace dishwasher

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm in need of a handyman to replace (and dispose of) an old leaking Ikea dishwasher with a like for like new one.

My apartment is in Neukolln but I'm not in Germany right now, so it's kind of stressful trying to get this sorted out.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi jan5on

You don't need a handyman. You just go on Amazon or any reputable site selling dishwashers, order one with installation (costs extra) and removal and disposal of the old one (costs extra). Then organise someone to be there or a key to be left for when they deliver. Easy! 😉

I got a new fridge through amazon.de and chose a vendor who agreed to pick up the old one and the 2 men who came  to deliver were very professional. Can do same for dishwashers so that is one option. 

Both, many thanks!

Sadly Ikea use unusual/bespoke dimensions. So I need to replace like for like (44.6cm wide) There's also the matter of integrating it with the door panels 'sigh' 

Hey OP,

Do you have any thing similar to "Hoeffner" nearby? I think they sell dishwasher with Panels and will also take away your old one.(guess since they are fixing kitchen, they will have different kind of weird size) Montage is included. ;)

Good luck!

Amazon has 45 cm dishwashers, which actually probably ARE 44.6 in the technical specs.  I'd go that direction.  

Built in dishwashers that use a door front usually come with a metal spacer that allows all types of door/panels to fit so dishwashers are pretty much universal.

As for sizes, apart from table top dishwashers they are either 60cm or 45cm, that is the space required to fit them not their actual size.

If you go to any shop that sells fitted kitchens they will tell you a different story.

On a side note, the only thing that is not standard by Ikea kitchens is their worktops. Off the shelf worktops are normally 60cm but Ikea is 62cm.

My advice would be follow the above, order from Amazon for example with montage included.

Many thanks Sir PB - and to everyone else. Hope this post proves useful for future broken Ikea dishwasher victims.

@jan5on

Regarding my last post and just to be sure before you go rushing out and buying a new machine. I was referring to integrated dishwashers where the controls are on the front.

It just occurred to me that your ikea machine may well have the controls tucked inside the top of the door, meaning they are only accessible when the door is open.

If that is the case then post back or let us know what the Ikea model name is.

Either way there is still and will always be a workaround.

Hello, everyone, I was looking for a handyman to help me in setting up my kitchen and replacing the old things. But I couldn't find a good handyman who can speak English or have a good price. Either they were very expensive or I couldn't understand the language. So I was going through a lot of posts and on one post yesterday I found a suggestion about myhelpbuddy. I posted a request there and today I found a handyman, the work is not done yet because its a lot of work but he speaks English the price is nice. And I found out you can use this website not just for the handyman but if you need any help they provide buddies to help you. Its a platform for all the internationals who need help in anything and struggling because of the language.