Mass shooting at shopping center in Munich

490 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So what does a real German citizen look like?

Migrationshintergrund, I should have mentioned.

Nope not the Muzzies: 

+++ 21:41 Polizei hat keine Hinweise auf islamistische Tat +++
Derzeit hat die Polizei keine Hinweise auf einen islamistischen Terroranschlag. "Aktuell sind mir dazu keine Hinweise bekannt", sagte ein Polizeisprecher.

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:
Just now, jeremy said:

Nope not the Muzzies: 

+++ 21:41 Polizei hat keine Hinweise auf islamistische Tat +++
Derzeit hat die Polizei keine Hinweise auf einen islamistischen Terroranschlag. "Aktuell sind mir dazu keine Hinweise bekannt", sagte ein Polizeisprecher.

He also said l this is all "Spekulation". So there's lot more to find out...

3 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

False flag operation???

It's a possibility. Because someone shouting "S***** Ausländer" and shooting at probable Germans, makes Zero sense to anyone.

In the video he took a good 3 seconds to look at his victims before opening fire.

At this moment there are too many contradictions here. For one side, I would expect that neo-nazis would attack a refugee center, not a shopping mall. From another perspective, I am unsure how a McDonalds in a non central area can be a good target for ISIS, except if the statement is "we can hit anywhere".

There is not enough information to say which extremist group did it, so let's focus on updates.

I visit Munich 4-6 times a year over the last 15 years. I have seen vast changes in Munich, in particular in the Hauptbanhoff area, that may go unnoticed to the people who live there. When one voices their opinion, they are treated as racist. Race has nothing to do with it. Munich and other "soft" areas of Germany are at risk. Time to stop walking on eggshells and get real.

This wild speculation flying across all media really underscores the totally fubar security situation ATM. For all we know three separate terror groups got their scheduled crossed, planned and executed attacks on the same day, independently.

If it's ISIS we're talking about, I suspect that statement is true "we can hit anywhere".

I suspect they will deliberately target small towns and common places to send us the message that there is no place safe.

At the same time, being the anniversary of the Utöya-shootings, it wouldn't be a stretch if fans of Breivik would, instead of attacking a refugee center target a random place and shoot at everyone, German or not.

Don't extremists kind of think of everyone as their enemy? They look at a non-european and see a terrorist, they look at a German and see a traitor. Breivik was a bit more organized I suppose, but if it's followers of his, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd shoot anyone at random.

_____

For citizens of Munich: Probably old news but shouldn't be bad to repeat it. The Local has a really good regular update on what is happening, also with tweets from police that could be useful for citizens of Munich. Last thing was a number people can call for information about the shootings. Here is the number: 089/29101910

Link: http://www.thelocal.de/20160722/shots-fores-at-munich-shopping-centre

For all we know, one or two or three separate nutjobs decided to play Wild Wild West, separately or jointly, on account of the weather/their jobs/current politics/whatever.
The truth of the matter is, we don't know anything. Except that it's rather certain that the shooter nutjobs are still on the loose.

Stay safe, people. I'm so sad about this. I mourn the loss of my adopted city of Munich, where I spent so many years in safety.

15 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

He also said l this is all "Spekulation". So there's lot more to find out...

Speculation is the operative word. How about the AfD? There are several lines of thought when one reads youtube. But then if you go by American thinking (they do have serious false flags) it could have been a false flag operation by the CIA or MI6. Qui Bono?

well, that turned into a ripe evening

I knew something was a bit fishy when i was driving home on the mittlerer ring, and I saw a dark van full of masked SAS-types fly past (!)

so the wifey's train stops outside of munich, and I just been to pick her up!  Of couse she'd made a new pal by then, so I was the taxi-driver

Munich?  Olympic Einkaufszentrum?

you've got to wonder.

At first I thought, oh that's the bored police getting all edgy about nothing

unfortunately we live near to a big hospital so all the helis are hovering and we hear each ambulance come in.

I've been here 16 years. I used to kind of like Bavaria. I like the tolerance I've always been shown here. I have never ever had any racism of any kind here. 

I am going to change my statement to "I love Bayern".

We are all Toytowners now. 

Can some graphics/Photoshopper set up a cool "Ich bin ein Toytowner" for us to put up on our wallpapers for FB, Twitter, TT etc?

BTW, where is innenminister Hermann, Seehofer, Merkel in all this?  MIA

It seems hours after the event, some clarity and a few words from above would be in order.

Thus far we have heard only conflicting info from a press speaker from München Polizei and Obama (to express condolences)

You've got really wonder why Olympia einkaufszentrum. Why not the more popular Marienplatz, for example. This might give a clue as to who the terrorists are.

When I lived in the south of Munich, I've never been to OEZ because it's just too far and not interesting. So why did they choose OEZ? Perhaps because they know that area best? 

6 minutes ago, jeremy said:

I am going to change my statement to "I love Bayern".

Wennst sagn kannst "Oachkatzlschwoaf " without hesitation you passed.:)