Mass shooting at shopping center in Munich

490 posts in this topic

Ok, I´m probably getting too paranoic after everything and more angry than I should . 

So many innocent victims these days, just can´t leave a human being insensitive and without a feeling of being helpless and so vulnerable. God they were just kids

Munich security theater is playing a new opera this September: backpack ban and a border fence for Wiesn is planned. The logic is that "terrorists in Ansbach and Munich used backpacks", so all backpackers now will be terrorists and banned from Oktoberfest. The next step will be no clothes: terrorist used clothes and hide guns and knives in their pockets, you will only be allowed in naked.

And if something bad happens you cannot run away because of fucking fence.

I hope Munich will respond with empty tents.

On ‎25‎.‎07‎.‎2016‎ ‎14‎:‎04‎:‎25, yourkeau said:

In Germany, if you don't like the press, you are free to start your own press and provide fair reporting.

If besorgte come to power, first they close Lügenpresse and second, yes, they close your own press as well.

Right in Germany you could criticize policies such as long as you're:

a. talking about polite things such as where to put up the traffic signs or where a new Kita should be build

b. a member of government sponsored controlled opposition (ex. Antifa)

You will find yourself in some pretty hot water if you start talking about things that are socially unacceptable.  For example, report about a sexual assault of 1,000+ women by migrant men?  Ignore it (until the foreign press reports it and then people begin to question why you didn't).  Tell the mayor of a major city that she has the IQ of toast bread?  Get fined 2,000+ Euros.  Hey she's not Bush or Trump so that kind of talk is unacceptable :D.  Insult the "honour" of the Turkish president?  Get prosecuted for it.

Wow so much freedom of expression.  :D

2 minutes ago, J0ker said:

You will find yourself in some pretty hot water if you start talking about things that are socially unacceptable.

You criticize others, you should be ready that the other will criticize you, what's the problem?

If you say "Merkel is an asshole", be ready that Merkel will say "J0ker is an asshole". However, in Germany both you and Merkel will be fined. Whether it's right or wrong, up to discussion. My opinion is that only a person of low intelligence needs throwing offenses instead of criticizing real facts. This applies to Trump, too, I'm quite consistent on this. And Trump has equally the same rights to prosecute for Beleidigung as Erdogan.

I think, however, that this will be relaxed due to... yes, Syrians as the police will be fed up with multiple prosecutions for the middle finger.

4 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You criticize others, you should be ready that the other will criticize you, what's the problem?

If you say "Merkel is an asshole", be ready that Merkel will say "J0ker is an asshole". However, in Germany both you and Merkel will be fined. Whether it's right or wrong, up to discussion. My opinion is that only a person of low intelligence needs throwing offenses instead of criticizing real facts. This applies to Trump, too, I'm quite consistent on this. And Trump has equally the same rights to prosecute for Beleidigung as Erdogan.

I think, however, that this will be relaxed due to... yes, Syrians as the police will be fed up with multiple prosecutions for the middle finger.

I have no problem with somebody criticizing me if I criticize them.  That's how a free society works.  If I call Merkel a bitch and she calls me an asshole, fine I can take her insult but being fined for that is ridiculous.  Ok sure, you could say that a person of low intelligence needs to throw insults and that may be true but he should not be fined or prosecuted for it.  This is why I would say that the freedom of speech in Germany is equivalent to that of Yugoslavia in the 1980s and I've lived in both countries.

20 minutes ago, J0ker said:

Ok sure, you could say that a person of low intelligence needs to throw insults and that may be true but he should not be fined or prosecuted for it.

I agree with this.

20 minutes ago, J0ker said:

This is why I would say that the freedom of speech in Germany is equivalent to that of Yugoslavia in the 1980s and I've lived in both countries.

With this I don't agree.

Well, in some countries there it is specifically forbidden to insult police officers or a King/a queen or a president. I mean countries which are otherwise considered to be democratic and free. In Germany

1. Beleidigung is valid not only for VIP persons, but for all.

2. Actually, it is allowed to call Merkel a bitch here on TT, because there are some exceptions for Personen der Zeitgeschichte (celebrities). However, it is forbidden to write offensive e-mails to her personally. Fair enough, no?

And that case with Erdogan, did it actually land in court? Because I don't follow it, but I bet that court will dismiss it. If not, the issue will go to Karlsruhe it it will definitely dismiss it.

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

2. Actually, it is allowed to call Merkel a bitch here on TT, because there are some exceptions for Personen der Zeitgeschichte (celebrities). However, it is forbidden to write offensive e-mails to her personally. Fair enough, no?

Actually I don't find it right either.  If I write one email to Merkel telling her about how I feel about her policies and then end up calling her a blockhead then I'm within my right of freedom of expression (not in Germany though) since I'm not threatening her nor harassing her.  Back in 2008 I yelled to then Mayor of Toronto, David Miller, "Hey Miller!  You suck you dimwit!" in the middle of Nathan Phillips square and he just gave me a "I'll kill you when I get the chance" look and moved along.  When I told a couple of Germans that were visiting this, they were surprised that I would have the guts to do that and that I wasn't arrested.  I didn't understand their astonishment until I moved to Germany. :D

Well, to each their own. I understand that you wish American-style freedom of speech but I disagree with the statement "either I have a right to offend or I have no rights here".

Also, if you call Merkel a bitch and she calls you a motherfucker then you both cannot be charged for Beleidigung :)

It is important to many Germans not to be directly  insulted. Whether on the street, at work or when dealing with government or the public. 

The man who sold the weapon to OEZ murderer got 7 years in prison. For the first time a German court convicted a weapon seller as a co-responsible for the murder (guilty for fahrlässige Tötung).