Mass shooting at shopping center in Munich

490 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, taylormario said:

Or Old City in Hyderabad, or Bangla border areas or Assam, or old parts of Bangalore, or Bhatkal near Mangalore, or ...

The point is, if he is ever from one of these real Muslim majority areas from India, he would never have said this. India was going to dogs under the indirect rule of Mafia family. People have arrested that slide somewhat now.

Well said. @YoRambo is a troll. I suspect he's a Muslim, trying to whitewash the Muslim atrocities on Dhimmis in Muslim majority Nations / regions.  

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

its not for public knowledge

Anyone know of any similar public services in Germany, which are for public knowledge?

In the UK the Samaritans charity provides something like this type of service, but is generally oriented towards those feeling suicidal.

4 hours ago, Mik Dickinson said:

shes a shit face anyway.Its easy to talk when surrounded by security.She dont walk the streets of Berlin on her own

stalking lately?

1 hour ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

Since the shooter had been an inpatient receiving treatment for depression he must have had a clinical diagnosis of the same. I'm not so sure how I would have reacted to being given such a critical opinion at his age even though, in hindsight, I should have been receiving better clinical advice and treatment than I did when faced with some life-shattering events at ages 16 and 17. That was in 1970/1 though and neither the NHS nor the Home Office/Prison Service were equipped, nor respectively inclined, to provide proper care at that time.

To me, in my mid-thirties, it was a huge relief to receive a clinical diagnosis because its well-grounded cause and effect reasoning finally made me understand that there were genuine, both long-term and immediate, causes which had been beyond my control that had brought me to the state I was in.

Not if they think they can avoid it. Mainly, I suspect, because this society still maintains a double standard of showing collective sympathy for celebrity cases whilst treating coworkers, friends and often even family members almost as if they had some unspeakable contageous illness like leprosy which makes the affected party feel even more like a pariah.

OTOH I'd be the first to admit that it's very probably hard going having to put up with someone going through a depressive phase. They can be extremely fucking boring at the very least. When you're alone and you manage to get on your own last nerve then there's only the meagre comfort of irony left.

The goalkeeper was Robert Enke whose personal history was very sad. Unfortunately, although he had support from his immediate family, his Bundesliga and national team colleagues were kept ignorant of his mental health issues as he was of the opinion his career, which had suffered several unlucky breaks already, would have been over had they known.

Speaking from experience I found that, when I was privately insured, I got referred by my GP to an excellent psychiatrist and was through a major critical phase within a few months. Some years later when brought down by different but equally real external circumstances I was without private insurance. Then it seemed to be very much a case of being able to access only whatever treatment I had the strength and nerves to fight for.

I suspect there's not much difference between Germany or the UK in that respect nowadays. As Tap pointed out, if you can afford it, private treatment will be quicker and quite possibly more effective.

Apart from the huge leap forward in clinical medications, due to the profit-driven economics of the modern health-care industry, in many ways we're back to the 1930s, in terms of the social classes, when it comes to accessing time-consuming mental health treatment.

It's a very poor society which lets their weakest fall through the safety net. but it's an even greater tragedy when the weakest decide to make other innocents suffer by dragging them down with them.

2B

Exactly  my point... 

A psycho pilot crashed a plane, a psycho attacked  people with knife in southern bavaria and now a psycho opened fire in a shopping mall... 

Problem is not religion ... It's how the society is developing and seeing each other in eye... 

23 hours ago, jeremy said:

Antidepressant withdrawal is literally a killer. 

Off topic I know... so Mods be lenient.

Poor choice of words Jeremy.

I'm a 54 year old (married) Brit. My best friend is a 35 year old (married with two kids) German. She's battled depression for the last eight years. But gradually, over a long period of time, she's off the meds. A totally different person. It's like having a new best friend. I like coal, and she was coal, but now she's a very shiny diamond.

Yes, her withdrawal was painful. I took all her tantrums and abuse, but never walked away. Because I liked her. As she was. I got the bonus.

Nobody turned into a killer. Literally.

In a nutshell, a bullied boy takes revenge on his peers and whoever else got in his way, then commits suicide.  Sad situation, nothing to do with Islamic radicalization. I feel so bad for the innocent people who's lives he took.

Techsmex your lack of humanity does not amaze me but this is my reply to foreign friends last night:

Limited online time but everyone I know is safe. I think the guy that committed this heinous act was actually mentally unstable, indeed I firmly believe the individuals who carry out acts such as these whether for religious or "rights" reasons have lost track of real reality and live in their own reality which is a danger to everyone including themselves. This to me is a greater danger than extremist political meanderings wherever it comes from; sick and vulnerable individuals will carry these messages out to the extreme and wreak havoc on the rest of us. I have no idea what the solution is but as much as I mourn for the victims I wonder what we should be doing to ensure that human beings should not be inflicting this type of tragedy on one another.

Keep safe people,

As a long time absentee from TT all the rest of the talk is shit, this is the root/route of the problem.

Thanks for the neg techsmex but that is pretty weak I think. I never negged when I was here before and rarely give a plus to assholes...

Back to the important stuff. The " I can't define the word" will try to divert you from this thread that is more important than Donald or Hillary winning the White House; neither will make a difference IMHO. We can make a difference, we are all human, we are all people, we can help those in trouble, we can offer a way that encompasses our humanity and our love for everyone. We accept every race, every colour, every religion, every person, weak or strong, and together we are humanity and we will win!!! we are our voice!

Tonight I have been given negative ratings on TT and I am not surprised. As people whatever our religion, our colour, our sexuality we have inalienable rights. These are not rights preached by religions, politicians, or sects; they cannot be enacted without our will; we the people can take to the streets against military might if needed. We are the people, we will help the old, the ill, the infirm an the impaired... They are as much our people as white , black, yellow, pink and golden, disabled, gay, trans, and a little bit mad. They are our people, they are all human, they are part of us, and we embrace them all in humanity and love.

TC out

6 hours ago, YoRambo said:

Exactly  my point... 

A psycho pilot crashed a plane, a psycho attacked  people with knife in southern bavaria and now a psycho opened fire in a shopping mall... 

Problem is not religion ... It's how the society is developing and seeing each other in eye... 

You change your mind pretty frequently, don't you dear ?

How was the Friday prayer in your Muslim majority border town ?

4 hours ago, Techsmex said:

In a nutshell, a bullied boy takes revenge on his peers and whoever else got in his way, then commits suicide.  Sad situation, nothing to do with Islamic radicalization. I feel so bad for the innocent people who's lives he took.

Liberal mob has spoken !!

21 hours ago, Erdmann said:

That argument is so old and useless, that one can hear the Crusaders sending us their apologies.

You are projecting the argument about violence and crusaders.  I was only referring to the argument that there's only one religion that treats women like shit.  I stand by it.

I am catholic, too.  And i have to admit it. 

The post i quoted was "I hate Islam because...".   Hate islam all you want - hate it because it produces a hell of a lot of radical violence.  I will never argue that other religions have just as much radical violence.  

9 hours ago, rohit_2543 said:

Well said. @YoRambo is a troll. I suspect he's a Muslim, trying to whitewash the Muslim atrocities on Dhimmis in Muslim majority Nations / regions.  

Perhaps mentioned already but the attcker was again a muslim inspired by ISIL (Which the media now calls ISIS) but from what I read it was more mental health than radicalisation. This from CNN

Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic. 

"I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry," she said.

@Tim Hortons Man TT up and downvotes are controlled by The Locals's IT superusers. Their strings are in hands of TT / Local editors, who in turn are funded by their Qatari sponsors to act as PR vehicle. Comments and upvotes are used to drive the herd of Liberal freethinkers.

In French they say : Plus ça Change, Plus C'est La Même Chose.

8 hours ago, Chelski said:

My best friend is a 35 year old (married with two kids) German. She's battled depression for the last eight years. But gradually, over a long period of time, she's off the meds. A totally different person. It's like having a new best friend. I like coal, and she was coal, but now she's a very shiny diamond.

Yes, her withdrawal was painful. I took all her tantrums and abuse, but never walked away. Because I liked her. As she was. I got the bonus.

Nobody turned into a killer. Literally.

And a major part of getting through going off meds (as in any difficult time) is support by others. Well done. :)

A relative of mine was depressive for a number of years and took medication to function. He had the opportunity to work in a sunny part of the world with good people around him - and he was able to go off the medication (several unsuccessful attempts before that with dark conspiracy theories and worse). Work achievements and positive family reactions put him in a positive spiral, as it were, and it lasted through other challenges, I'm glad to say.

9 hours ago, Techsmex said:

There is an important piece of information missing: where did he get the gun?

That could have implications on their own. For example, it would not be well seen if the gun was from his father, which could raise the questions on why muslims have illegal hidden weapons. A refugee in a refugee center near Berg am Laim committed suicide last year with the husband's hand gun.

4 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

That could have implications on their own. For example, it would not be well seen if the gun was from his father, which could raise the questions on why muslims have illegal hidden weapons. A refugee in a refugee center near Berg am Laim committed suicide last year with the husband's hand gun.

The BBC is reporting: 

Ali David Sonboly, 18, shot dead nine people before killing himself. He had a Glock pistol and more than 300 bullets...the authorities were investigating how Sonboly, a German-Iranian dual national, had gained access to a weapon despite signs of significant psychological problems...Buyers younger than 25 must undergo a psychiatric evaluation before being able to acquire firearms...

Police who searched Sonboly's room found evidence that he had been obsessed with gun rampages.

They noted that his attack occurred on 22 July, the fifth anniversary of Anders Behring Breivik's mass murder in Norway.

Sonboly had reportedly used Facebook to lure his victims to a McDonald's fast food restaurant at the mall, where he was filmed by a witness opening fire on people trying to flee...Police do not yet know how the weapon was acquired but say he had no permit for it and the serial number was obliterated.

42 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

In the Police conference they said it was an illegal firearm. So that would mean black market, which won't be easy to trace.