Mass shooting at shopping center in Munich

490 posts in this topic

ehhhh, am I the only person who does not see any connection between Islam and this shooting case? 

 

it's simply af, he grew up as immigrant in a slum community and he was treated like a piece of shiet by the ppl around him and he probably didn't receive any recognition in his life. Do you think it will make any difference what kinda religion he follows?

If he was east european he'd probably join some mafia and steal cars? if he was viet he'd probably end up in some asian restaurant and help money laundrering? if he was english he'd probably end up as some hooligan?  

 

If I was him? I don't know what I would do thb...

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of 

15 minutes ago, black1 said:

I was already of the opinion that it is now time to at least think about starting to talk about restricting mass migration to the Syrian camps and asylum applications at German embassies. If the government does not start to move then they are handing the AfD a ticket, regardless of generations of the attackers.

 

Most of the mass migration is away from countries full of racial, religious and political corruption and bigotry, towards stable economically successful countries where these views and activities are an anathema. Therefore, rather than accepting, or even by their actions, promoting mass migration, shouldn't the more successful countries be trying to export their views, morals and success to those broken countries?

 

With mass migration from places like Syria, will come a whole range of people, some of whose views would be unacceptable to most of us. 1 axe murderer out of over a million is still 1 too many.

 

Difficult I know. Aid doesn't seem to work. Military intervention seems to make things worse, but something needs to be done, rather than just looking on and accepting the human tragedy.

 

Note that I'm not advocating termination of asylum migration, just that more effort needs to be put into solving the source of the problem rather than the result.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dumbbell said:

ehhhh, am I the only person who does not see any connection between Islam and this shooting case? 

 

it's simply af, he grew up as immigrant in a slum community and he was treated like a piece of shiet by the ppl around him and he probably didn't receive any recognition in his life. Do you think it will make any difference what kinda religion he follows?

If he was east european he'd probably join some mafia and steal cars? if he was viet he'd probably end up in some asian restaurant and help money laundrering? if he was english he'd probably end up as some hooligan?  

 

If I was him? I don't know what I would do thb...

 

As he's from an Iranian background, chances are he had some sort of religious influence during his upbringing, probably Islamic, which is IMO pretty radical even in moderate examples.

 

As someone who grew up in what is these days one of the most moderate of religious backgrounds (CofE), any religious influence during childhood has an affect. In my case it has been partially influential in making me a radical atheist (to coin a Dawkins title).

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disgruntled, unhappy or simply mentally sick people are everywhere. The difference between then and now is that it seems more and more of these looneys came out of the woodwork and channel their grievances by fatally attacking the public.

Motives might vary slightly but the common thread is the inspiration they got from a previous attack to carry out their own. Terrorism used to be rare and random, but after 9/11 there have been more and more attacks in public, from organised terrorism to lone wolf attacks. 

There have to be more security control, more security personnel, more army and anti-terror teams, perhaps even some level of police state is not off the table at this point. Singapore for example, is lamented as a police state but the residents live safely and peacefully because of that. How many times I walked home alone at dawn and thought nothing of it. Now I would think twice to stroll in the city center in broad daylight! Wary of anyone who's covered up or with backpacks. This can't go on. The world has to be safer again for my children. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police are now definitively saying that there is no connection to Islam and his actions. By all accounts it's shaping up more and more to be a Columbine-esque case of teenage angst.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well although we are all scared of IS I don't think this had anything to do with this death cult.

 

It seems to have more in common with the Winnenden school shooting a few years back.

 

What angers me is that Angie was nowhere to be seen. She didn't have to say any concrete details as none were know, but she should have as leader been expressing sympathy for the victims. Other leaders, Obama, Hollande, even Boris the pisshead went on the telly. She has to resign, hell even Chris Evans went over a silly TV show.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ban hand guns, no gun based Amoklauf in the UK since they did that. Farmers still have shotguns and dear stalkers still have rifles, but they are all closely monitored by the police. I know because a friend used to work for the UK police doing it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am watching the press conference at the moment and so far the police are treating this incident as a classic Amoklauf = killing spree. In his room they found material referring to killing sprees and a book titled "Amok im Kopf: Warum Schüler töten". He was also having treatment due to depression. The deed is not related to the refugee situation and they also rule out connections to ISIS. The perpetrator had a pistol Glock 17 though he didn't have a gun license. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SA_Drone said:

Police are now definitively saying that there is no connection to Islam and his actions. By all accounts it's shaping up more and more to be a Columbine-esque case of teenage angst.

Seems he was obsessed with mass shootings from what they found in his room and possibly a link with Brevik (i.e. 5 years since that horrific event). Possible mental health issues and reports of bullying.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jeremy said:

What angers me is that Angie was nowhere to be seen. She didn't have to say any concrete details as none were know, but she should have as leader been expressing sympathy for the victims. Other leaders, Obama, Hollande, even Boris the pisshead went on the telly. She has to resign, hell even Chris Evans went over a silly TV show.

 

 

Not only you. 

Kein Wort von der Kanzlerin: Während Deutschland bangt, bleibt Merkel stumm

Quote

 

She's apparently back in Berlin now and will be addressing the public at about 14:30. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LisaJK said:

 

As he's from an Iranian background, chances are he had some sort of religious influence during his upbringing, probably Islamic, which is IMO pretty radical even in moderate examples.

 

As someone who grew up in what is these days one of the most moderate of religious backgrounds (CofE), any religious influence during childhood has an affect. In my case it has been partially influential in making me a radical atheist (to coin a Dawkins title).

 

 

back home i saw plenty ppl complain how violent the african ameraicans are, maybe not in public, but ppl do complain abt it. myself being told so many times some parts of the bay area are no-go places.

but here in germany i didn't experience any similar words as before. what happened?

the african americans in germany are mostly from military community and well-educated, in two words: the middle class. back home?

 

you guys could never image what does social class mean to a kid.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jeremy said:

What angers me is that Angie was nowhere to be seen. She didn't have to say any concrete details as none were know, but she should have as leader been expressing sympathy for the victims. Other leaders, Obama, Hollande, even Boris the pisshead went on the telly. She has to resign, hell even Chris Evans went over a silly TV show.

 

 

 

She's speaking today at 14:30.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks that way.

 

No connection to the refugee issue or to terror groups. It is a teen rampage and some of the sites say his classmates úsed to mob him and he said he would kill them. Daily Mail exclusive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704563/He-said-kill-Classmate-reveals-Munich-loner-mobbed-seven-years-bulling-school-promised-revenge-tormentors-one-day.html

 

However if the guy is shouting 'Allahu Akbar' whilst gunning down kids then, however, I would not say it has "definitely no connection to Islam".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704481/Loner-son-taxi-driver-department-store-worker-waged-terror-Munich-Iranian-German-teenager-18-targeted-innocent-children-gunned-nine-McDonald-s-massacre.htm

A witness with her son in the McDonalds gave her account of the shooting.

"Loretta said she had been in the restrooms at the same time as the shooter, with her eight-year-old son. As he started shooting, he yelled 'Allahu Akbar', she said."
 

After Köln I will listen to the witnesses very carefully as well as the police or the German and international newspapers are saying.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting if he was being treated for depression.  If he was on SSRI meds, there is a known link to aggressive and suicidal *not sure on homicidal...issues with these meds in teens.  It is a black box warning in the States.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dumbbell said:

 

 

back home i saw plenty ppl complain how violent the african ameraicans are, maybe not in public, but ppl do complain abt it. myself being told so many times some parts of the bay area are no-go places.

but here in germany i didn't experience any similar words as before. what happened?

the african americans in germany are mostly from military community and well-educated, in two words: the middle class. back home?

 

you guys could never image what does social class mean to a kid.

 

The issue is not race, it's poverty.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, black1 said:

It looks that way.

 

No connection to the refugee issue or to terror groups. It is a teen rampage. 

 

However if the guy is shouting 'Allahu Akbar' whilst gunning down kids then, however, I would not say it has "definitely no connection to Islam".

 

 

I have searched and searched and the only source I can find for the Allahu Akbar thing was CNN. German media has nothing about it whatsoever. Nobody else picked up on that, which leads me to believe it was just someone talking out their ass and trigger-finger American media picked up on it.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A psycho pilot crashing a plane, a psycho person using knife  at a train station in southern bayern,  a psycho on a killing run in shopping mall... 

 

Problem may not be Islam but may lies somewhere else... Maybe how the society is developing here..  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dumbbell said:

you guys could never image what does social class mean to a kid.

 

Social class and social mobility in the US are orders of magnitude different to most western European countries, although the gap has narrowed in the UK, that is the social class gap has widened in the UK to become more like the US.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SA_Drone said:

 

I have searched and searched and the only source I can find for the Allahu Akbar thing was CNN. German media has nothing about it whatsoever. Nobody else picked up on that, which leads me to believe it was just someone talking out their ass and trigger-finger American media picked up on it.

 Here is the source. I added it above too.

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704481/Loner-son-taxi-driver-department-store-worker-waged-terror-Munich-Iranian-German-teenager-18-targeted-innocent-children-gunned-nine-McDonald-s-massacre.htm

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now