English Freemasonry Frankfurt

63 posts in this topic

I have been thinking of joining a lodge for a little while now, mostly out of curiosity. I have several close friends who are Masons and I respect their opinions on the matter. I tried to join a Ms. America pageant but they wouldn't let me in. ;)

Just as water and oil don't mix so do opinions about Free Masons.

The 'Free' in the title should tell you something. Your opinions about 'Free Masons' have to be wrong unless you have been a mason for some time and have lived it.

Masonic Women lodges are not recognized by any Grand lodge and therefore have no connection with any other properly recognized Masonic Grand Lodge.

There is only one requirement to join a lodge. That is to being of good character and believing in a superior power and not having a police record or being an alcoholic.

There is an established procedure to be processed into a member of a lodge. The desire to join a lodge has to come from an applicant to a member of a lodge.

Gabs am I right in thinking that "mason" means keeper of the mysteries regarding Solomon's Temple?

I've studied a little of the Occult (not a belief sytem, more "that which is occulted") that the masses don't understand. Communication is usually with symbols.

As I understand it, masonry can be white or black, it can be used for good or ill. I'd imagine most local lodges are "white". We have a problem in the UK where there is a conflict of interest in a lodge between a police officer's duty to the Crown and to a fellow mason who may be a criminal. Therein lies a huge British only conflict. I'd imagine you have conflicts in the Deep South of the USA regarding perhaps KKK membership and coloured - that sort of thing - or are there black freemasons at all?

7 minutes ago, jeremy said:

Gabs am I right in thinking that "mason" means keeper of the mysteries regarding Solomon's Temple?

I've studied a little of the Occult (not a belief sytem, more "that which is occulted") that the masses don't understand. Communication is usually with symbols.

Oh God.

17 minutes ago, jeremy said:

As I understand it, masonry can be white or black, it can be used for good or ill. I'd imagine most local lodges are "white". We have a problem in the UK where there is a conflict of interest in a lodge between a police officer's duty to the Crown and to a fellow mason who may be a criminal. Therein lies a huge British only conflict. I'd imagine you have conflicts in the Deep South of the USA regarding perhaps KKK membership and coloured - that sort of thing - or are there black freemasons at all?

^rollseyes^

hey Jezzer

I highly recommend you spend less time reading Icke and more time reading Wiki. You could actually find the answers to both your questions in the latter along with a lot more factual historic information about the subject.

2B

Many years ago, I had access to a list of names of those in the grand lodge where I lived. It really was a who's who of the wealthy and influential. The number of solicitors, barristers, senior influential businessmen, accountants and company directors on the list was unbelievable. They also did credit checks on perspective members just to make sure if help was needed it was minimal.

I'm sorry but to me it wasn't about doing the greater good, it was about sucking up and looking after No1.

1 minute ago, 2B_orNot2B said:

I highly recommend you spend less time reading Icke and more time reading Wiki. You could actually find the answers to both your questions in the latter along with a lot more historic factual information about the subject.

As I stated earlier, I like him but I do not take him seriously. I prefer to not read Wikipedia as I don't regard it as the final source on things. 

However (breaking my own rule) I did just come across these entries on Scottish Rite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Rite#Albert_Pike

I have heard of Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma, I think I have a copy of it. 

I also like this work:

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Teachings-All-Ages-Encyclopedic/dp/1461013135/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51vuluaqiSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR128%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=G0EEFG5P524MHHAY9P3E

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Minds-Men-Origins-Revolutionary/dp/0765804719?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0765804719&linkCode=as2&linkId=6WTJF7JSJAXBNZ27&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tl&tag=thevigiciti-20

Have any of you heard of Carroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope?

Every Freemason I've ever known has been, at best, upper middle-class. Similar to what Zwiebelfisch mentioned, nearly all of them are themselves engaged in some kind of actual trade or are one generation removed from it. But maybe that's a result of my Rust Belt upbringing.

I mentioned earlier that all of the men in my family (except me) are Freemasons. None of them have white-collar jobs: dad is a truck driver, uncle is an electrician, cousin is a construction worker, grandpa was a fireman, great-grandpa was a carpenter, great-great grandpa worked on the railroad. The only Freemason I know who isn't that type of worker is a high school buddy who became a pharmacist, and he joined because his dad was a metalworker and also a mason. Honestly, the Freemasonry that I know and grew up around has much more in common with a labor union than with the Skull & Bones Society that people like French bean seem to imagine it to be.

And the Greater Good is taken care of without the participation of women, of course.

43 minutes ago, jeremy said:

My God. It's from Latin, dude. Mason means building (same as in French — maison) and free mason is a free builder, "free" as in "freelancer", more or less.

The German term Freimauer is quite self-explanatory and cannot be used for conspiracy theories.

Captain Obvious

5 minutes ago, SA_Drone said:
5 minutes ago, SA_Drone said:

I mentioned earlier that all of the men in my family (except me) are Freemasons. None of them have white-collar jobs: dad is a truck driver, uncle is an electrician, cousin is a construction worker, grandpa was a fireman, great-grandpa was a carpenter, great-great grandpa worked on the railroad. Honestly, the Freemasonry that I know and grew up around has much more in common with a labor union than with the Skull & Bones Society.

You guy's in the States are obviously more enlightened then the UK masons, they wouldn't give the time of day.

1 hour ago, gaberlunzi said:

There is only one requirement to join a lodge. That is to being of (1) good character and (2) believing in a superior power and (3) not having a police record or (4) being an alcoholic.

Maths skills are not essential ;)

12 hours ago, snowingagain said:

There are even some mixed sex Freemasons.  And some in Europe will even admit members who do not believe in a God.!  

Half of Portuguese freemasons lodges are atheist.

3 hours ago, French bean said:

I'm sorry but to me it wasn't about doing the greater good, it was about sucking up and looking after No1.

because you had a list of names or because you were in the lodge and had personal experience?

Interesting, the views of people of Free Masonry.

Masonry started in the middle ages when the wandering Mauerer moved from city to city and built the cathedrals. They collected themselves in lodges for support and exchange of ideas.

The had to be smart and good in math too when you look at any of the old churches. Over time they became the speculative masons who worked on their minds instead of active work. Needless to say that over time the behavior also declined somewhat as the Free Masons are also only human. However, the philosophy of improving yourself and the  humanity still prevails. If you want to join the Masonic Lodge for any physical or positional advantage, forget it, because you shall be disappointed.

The saying goes, you get as much out of it as you put in. Comradery and friendship are the best rewards you should hope for. Also good if you are the traveling type and have friends in strange lands and places.

5 hours ago, tor said:

because you had a list of names or because you were in the lodge and had personal experience?

Because of the names on the list and what I knew about some of the people who were on the list.

On 7/13/2016, 1:27:39, rugbycoach said:

For any Freemasons, of any nationaility in Frankfurt area there will be a new Lodge opened in the next 12 months in Frankfurt English Emulation under the Grand Lodge of British Freemasons in Germany, part of the United Grand Lodge of Germany.

Anyone who is interested or wants to affiliate or take part in the start up activities please PM me.

Thanks

So, at these men only lodges, they will of course, dismiss the meeting if anyone brings up business matters, or tries to discuss anything beyond social matters, since to do otherwise would unfairly discriminate women in business matters?

On 7/14/2016, 12:36:31, SA_Drone said:

Networking, helping hand, and charity stuff. Some lodges do more charity than others -- where I come from, the Shriners are hugely involved in helping fund children's hospitals and charities for child burn victims. At the very least, lodges will do a lot of fundraising dinners and whatnot.

Oh, no, apparently not- networking for the mens only.

On Wed Jul 13 2016 13:27:39 GMT+0200, rugbycoach said:

For any Freemasons, of any nationaility in Frankfurt area there will be a new Lodge opened in the next 12 months in Frankfurt English Emulation under the Grand Lodge of British Freemasons in Germany, part of the United Grand Lodge of Germany.

Anyone who is interested or wants to affiliate or take part in the start up activities please PM me.

Thanks

Hello thanks for this wonderful info.

i am interested in Mason, and will like to join. do your lodge accept blacks? i heard some don't. 

if you can connect me to join that will be nice.

On Wed Jul 13 2016 13:27:39 GMT+0200, rugbycoach said:

Thanks

Hello thanks for this wonderful info.

i am interested in Mason, and will like to join. do your lodge accept blacks? i heard some don't. 

if you can connect me to join that will be nice.