Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitas in Königs Wusterhausen or Zernsdorf

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

My husband and I are moving in August to Zernsdorf and urgently need a kita place for our 2 year old son - either in Königs Wusterhausen or Zernsdorf.

Any recommendations?  What is the process - approach them directly?  (we are coming from Frankfurt where everything is handled via a central website). It doesn't have to be English speaking - German is also perfectly fine. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we both start new jobs 1 September.  

Cheers! 

Jodi

Hello, just noticed your post. Have you got anywhere?  I found this site from the Landkreis which supposedly gives up to date info. on vacancies.  If you tap on the little arrows  each Kita has an Anspruchspartner so looks like it 's individual applications.

Thank you Feierabend, my husband looked into the process and it is indeed central.  We went to the Rathaus today and were basically told "you can forget about it".  Even the waiting lists are full.  There are simply no vacancies at all - let alone at a preferred kita... We were informed of one possible vacancy so went to visit the kita and to be honest, I wouldn't leave my dog there let alone my son!  It was so shocking that I almost started to cry when I saw the conditions those poor kids had to endure during the day. 

At this point, I am considering quitting my job before I even start - or at least looking at alternatives, perhaps a private Tagesmutter.  If all kitas with free places in KW are like the one we saw today, then I will have no option than to stay home with him.  My son's well being is my priority. Obviously all of the good ones are those where we have no chance.