Does deregistering burn my free to work visa?

34 posts in this topic

After looking for jobs unsuccessfully for the past 6 months (interviews and rejections), I decided to go back to Singapore to work. I feel stressed and lonely during unemployment. 

I have free to work visa until Oct 2017.

My insurance is privat.

Can I keep this visa although I am moving back to Singapore just in case I want to go back here for holidays (my girlfriend is a German). My nationality requires me to have a visa if I want to visit Germany. Do I need to deregister in the Amt or I just let it be untill it expires ?

7 hours ago, Eyershausen said:

After looking for jobs unsuccessfully for the past 6 months (interviews and rejections), I decided to go back to Singapore to work. I feel stressed and lonely during unemployment. 

I have free to work visa until Oct 2017.

My insurance is privat.

Can I keep this visa although I am moving back to Singapore just in case I want to go back here for holidays (my girlfriend is a German). My nationality requires me to have a visa if I want to visit Germany. Do I need to deregister in the Amt or I just let it be untill it expires ?

Specially which type of visa it is?  Usually, if you leave the country for 6 months or more, they are automatically invaild unless you have permission otherwise. 

You need to deregister in any case as this is mandatory. (EDIT:  I don't know if this cancels your visa also, but I'd guess it does.) Not to mention useful for when you need to cancel your health insurance and other contracts. 

8 hours ago, Eyershausen said:

I decided to go back to Singapore to work. I feel stressed and lonely during unemployment. 

Your permit will become void if you leave Germany to go back home to work (see 51 AufenthG Abs. 1 Nr 6).

8 hours ago, Eyershausen said:

You should abmelden before you leave.

You should think carefully before leaving and giving up your open work permit; open work permits are not so easy to come by for third country (non-EU) nationals and it is easier to find a new job when you already have one.

What did you study? 

If one comes back within  6 months then it is all good.

Center of living should be Germany. 

You should consult a lawyer disclaimer applied.  

22 hours ago, kapil354 said:

If one comes back within  6 months then it is all good.

Center of living should be Germany. 

You should consult a lawyer disclaimer applied.  

But Abmeldung removed the Center of living status automatically, doesn't it?

Since you revived this thread, here is a question about it. 

Should one continously stay in Germany for 6 months without leaving, after a trip abroad for 6 months, as if he/she leaves again, even for a short trip, 183 days limit will be passed? 

No de-registration is assumed.

Very tricky question. 
Not sure if I have an answer to this one.

"My" logic is wherever you pay the highest rent. 

So if you have two apartments - one in Germany and another in NL. Then, bigger apartment with more stuff "could" be considered center of life. 

1 hour ago, TurMech said:

But Abmeldung removed the Center of living status automatically, doesn't it?

Since you revived this thread, here is a question about it. 

Should one continously stay in Germany for 6 months without leaving, after a trip abroad for 6 months, as if he/she leaves again, even for a short trip, 183 days limit will be passed? 

No de-registration is assumed.

Hi, I have a friend who was on a similar situation.

What he did was to, using a lawyer, ask for permission to leave Germany for 1 year for "health reasons". Was approved.

He went back to his country and spend a year there, while still applying for jobs here. 

Eventually came back.

You could do the same?

2 minutes ago, travelerworker said:

Hi, I have a friend who was on a similar situation.

What he did was to, using a lawyer, ask for permission to leave Germany for 1 year for "health reasons". Was approved.

Yes that is possible by law  (51 AufenthG Abs. 1 Nr 7).

But i don't intend to leave the country for an extended period. My question is based on a theoretical assumption. Something i've been curious about.

3 hours ago, TurMech said:

But i don't intend to leave the country for an extended period. My question is based on a theoretical assumption. Something i've been curious about.

What would you do about the health insurance payments?

10 hours ago, TurMech said:

Sure, just sharing.

Anyways I don't think, just think no formal knowledge, that the address registration is taken too seriously.

For example, lets suppose you are working and paying your taxes in Germany and changes flats, you never register on the new flat and the owner of the previous one de-registers you...I don't think (again is just a guess) that you will get in trouble regarding your visa.

I don't think that there are people proactively checking all visas and matching against address registrations...

6 hours ago, kapil354 said:

What would you do about the health insurance payments?

The OP should definitely check with their health insurance about Anwartschaft. ie pay a monthly fee to stay in the system and have the right to come back into the system.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

The OP should definitely check with their health insurance about Anwartschaft. ie pay a monthly fee to stay in the system and have the right to come back into the system.

I read there are more than 250k people in Germany without health insurance. 

Just trying to test how important HI is. 

EU law says that EU Health insurance is valid in DE. But DE law does not accept a non-German HI.

For me it is all too confusing :)

13 minutes ago, travelerworker said:

Sure, just sharing.

Anyways I don't think, just think no formal knowledge, that the address registration is taken too seriously.

For example, lets suppose you are working and paying your taxes in Germany and changes flats, you never register on the new flat and the owner of the previous one de-registers you...I don't think (again is just a guess) that you will get in trouble regarding your visa.

I don't think that there are people proactively checking all visas and matching against address registrations...

https://www.finanzfrage.net/g/frage/abmeldung-durch-den-vermieter-beim-einwohnermeldeamt

6 minutes ago, kapil354 said:

I read there are more than 250k people in Germany without health insurance. 

Just trying to test how important HI is. 

EU law says that EU Health insurance is valid in DE. But DE law does not accept a non-German HI.

For me it is all too confusing :)

I am sure there are still loads of people without valid health insurance! It starts with LOADS of people , freelancers , who still use their EHIC cards months/ years after registering in Germany. That can bite back... and it does.

The issues- what if you are non-EU and need a visa and have eg US private insurance? No go.

What if you are non-EU ..Or even EU ..and have international insurance? Depends. And especially IF you want to get into the German system as a freelancer or, later maybe , as an employee.

Catch 22 everywhere.

By the way, I hope we can stay civil here, kapil! Just looked at your profile! You are a kick boxer!😂

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

I am sure there are still loads of people without valid health insurance! It starts with LOADS of people , freelancers , who still use their EHIC cards months/ years after registering in Germany. That can bite back... and it does.

The issues- what if you are non-EU and need a visa and have eg US private insurance? No go.

What if you are non-EU ..Or even EU ..and have international insurance? Depends. And especially IF you want to get into the German system as a freelancer or, later maybe , as an employee.

Catch 22 everywhere.

By the way, I hope we can stay civil here, kapil! Just looked at your profile! You are a kick boxer!😂

I am peaceful kick boxer John :) (apologies if I offended you in some way...)

I have heard that people after taking NE - switch to cheaper HI. 

I agree with all your points (... no wonder you are the expert on this topic :)) 

Not offended,  kapil! Smiling!😂🙏🏻 Good for you that you have a sport which you love and gives you confidence. There are enough people in the world who need the confidence you can inspire within yourself! Good for you!

Switching insurances after NE... tough.. tough. Mostly more expensive and conflict- laden. Not always possible, either , if the person has a pre- existing medical condition or lousy Schufa or the German provider wants backpayments for having ( in „ their eyes „), an „ illegitimate „ pre-insurer.

The German system doesn‘t „ do easy.“

😟

For example- the Welcome Center in Hamburg ( Ausländeramt ).. erm, there are two of them and they have different rules! Same with other Ausländeramts.. depends on the „ boss „! And sometimes on the mood of the case worker...

And then there is the reality of dealing with German public and private insurers in the aftermath of someone switching from some kind of international insurance... Stress pur!😂🙏🏻

19 hours ago, kapil354 said:

Very tricky question. 
Not sure if I have an answer to this one.

Then don't answer! 

19 hours ago, kapil354 said:

"My" logic is wherever you pay the highest rent. 

So if you have two apartments - one in Germany and another in NL. Then, bigger apartment with more stuff "could" be considered center of life. 

Great, more moronovirus. :wacko:

You keep asking for advice about your citizenship application, do you actually care if any of it is accurate?!?

7 hours ago, travelerworker said:

You obviously have absolutely no knowledge. 

You guessed wrong.

The Meldeamt forwards the new address (or unknown) to the Finanzamt as well as for foreigners to the Auslanderbehörde. Even Berlin manages to do this. 

WARNING TO ANYONE NEW HERE: THERE SEEMS TO BE SERIOUS CASES OF MORONOVIRUS GOING AROUND. FOLLOW SUCH USELESS ADVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

Then don't answer! 

Great, more moronovirus. :wacko:

You keep asking for advice about your citizenship application, do you actually care if any of it is accurate?!?

You obviously have absolutely no knowledge. 

You guessed wrong.

The Meldeamt forwards the new address (or unknown) to the Finanzamt as well as for foreigners to the Auslanderbehörde. Even Berlin manages to do this. 

WARNING TO ANYONE NEW HERE: THERE SEEMS TO BE SERIOUS CASES OF MORONOVIRUS GOING AROUND. FOLLOW SUCH USELESS ADVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Yes dear engelchen I am a moron. And I have moronvirus. Have always been like that for me, sadly.

I just wanted to get educated by coming to TT.  Do you think it is the right thing to do? :)