where to get Burrata (Italian gourmet store?)

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

is there a special gourmet store in Frankfurt that would be possible to get fresh Burrata?

It is one of my favourite cheese and I really miss that so much,

Thank You!

Unfortunately, I don't know but your best bet to find it would be in one of the Italian stands in the Kleinmarkthalle. 

I got some burrata yesterday at "Theo's Delikatessen", in the Kleinmarkthalle in Frankfurt. "Dolce Vita", which is also in the Kleinmarkthalle also carried it. My family and I ate it and we all liked it.

I attach documentary evidence of the burrata being sold at Theo's Delikatessen in the form of a photograph taken yesterday. :D

burrrata.jpg

Ciro il lattaio on the Bergerstraße do their own dairy and also sell it separately, in addition to using it on their "pinsas" and all the other stuff on their menu.

Being Apulian myself, I can tell a good burrata from a poor one - and theirs is excellent ;)

@valerija I've recently discovered this mozzarella from Aldi, and I am in love! It's called "Mozzarella die Bufala Campana". It's not strictly burrata, but it's very burrata-like. They are mini mozzarellas that are slightly creamy inside. They are not as creamy and sour as burrata but it's a good approximation.

They are not the same as "mozzarella minis", also from Aldi, which are also good, but are all chewy, and not creamy. To avoid confusion, here is a picture.

rpc2014.041 Superfos Mozzarella (1).jpg