Best Thai food in Berlin?

9 posts in this topic

Good tips, thanks to you both!  

Had a very over priced and odd tasting meal at Thai Inside (near Hackeschermarkt) a few weeks ago.  

1 hour ago, john_b said:

Anybody been to Thai Park (Preussenpark) recently? This was the story last weekend.

http://www.eatler.de/2019/06/03/shutdown-thai-park-berlin/

I dont eat there very often, once or twice a year. But I walk through it much more often. I was there last weekend and the last public holiday (hinmelfahrt I guess) and it was packed as usual both times.

I like Preussenpark. The food is always good and interesting. Talk to the sellers and you find that people are from places like Laos. Try it and see where they are from.  

I know a couple of people who had stomach problems and was with a family with a kid that went blue because of allergies to ingredients that the sellers said were not in the food. My own family had zero problems but I know it's kind of rolling the dice.

The problem with Thai Park is that it became too popular and it is out of control.   Now you can even see people selling Caipirinhas, nothing wrong with Caipis, but it is not very Thai.    After it was tolerated for so many years now things have to be "legalized" mostly because they always leave the park full of trash and now you can even find some sellers there during weekdays.    It is a shame people are not able to manage things themselves and need the state to control their lives.

I blame the hipsters.