House owner refuses to return deposit

24 posts in this topic

right on, nosy neighbor!  good that you have photos too.

talk to the mieterverein.  I highly doubt you have to worry about paying them anything more, but you DO want to get your kaution back, I presume

If the Mieterverein are already handling this for you, all correspondence phone calls etc. are done by your advisor there. Do not send any letters or make contact with your landlord yourself. Everything must be done through the Mieterverein.

well well well another landlord looking for trouble.Of course the landlord in question will not have relayed his and his brother in laws earnings to the Finanzamt.This will make it Schwarzgeld which we all know is illegal.If you did lawyer up and won the case then said landlord would have cover your legal costs.Wait and see what happens with the Mietverein.If they can do nothing for you then lawyer up its a simple clear cut case in my eyes.Also i would want a receipt off the landlord tht the furniture had been legally scrapped.Of course a receipt for work encurred.He wont do this because he woud have to pay VAT and krankenkasse geld for his brother in law or anyone that helped him.If hey says he has one it on € 450 basis then he will have to pay the krankenkasse €180.Looks like said landlord has opened a can of worms especially if the Finanzamt threat comes in to play