Hausarzt related question

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Straight to the point - as far as I know I can go to a different Hausarzt every time I want, meaning I should not register to a particular one and then unregister and choose a new one, right?

So a year ago or more I went to a Hausarzt. Despite the fact I made an appointment with the particular doctor I wanted I end up meeting his colleague (2 doctors office). One (the one I wanted) is Dr. Med. and the other is Facharzt, both Allgemeine Medizine as the Dr. has specializations.

Anyway as I went a year or more to the colleague I decided to try the other doctor that I initially wanted to visit.

My question is - can I just make an appointment to the new doctor and should I excuse myself from the current doctor somehow. The problem is that there is 2 chairs in front of the 2 doctors' doors so the one will notice that now I'm visiting the other.

I imagine they share the same computer system so they can access the info that the other one wrote.

Should I expressively say to the office administrators that I used to visit Arzt X and from now on I want to visit Arzt Y or just start making appointments only with Arzt Y not bother doing anything else.

I hope is clear what I want to ask:)

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Just request the doctor you want when you make the appointment. You don't need to deregister or "excuse" yourself from the other doctor.  If they share a practice, then yes, they will also share a computer system and its likely that you saw the other doctor last time just because the doctor you wanted was somehow unavailable.  I doubt very much that your old doctor will notice or much care that you're seeing his colleague.

If you think it might make for a complicated situation, check out the website for the surgery - you might find that Doc B is there sometimes when Doc A isn't, and thus be able to save any embarrassment.

You can explicitly say which doctor you want to make an appointment with while fixing your appointment. When two doctors are in same praxis, they do expect to share the workload of common patients and back up each other.