Where in Spain do they have classy beach towns devoid of loud drunk aggressive English, Germans, Russians on holiday?

188 posts in this topic

Please go easy on me here, just recovered from a heart attack and slowly re-emerging on toy-town after release from the cardio rehab centre.

48 minutes ago, Andrea-87 said:

which shows hypocrisy

So I don`t misunderstand anything here, aren`t you the person who was complaining about the refugees on the Köln thread, only to find them extremely hot ?

1 hour ago, Andrea-87 said:

We are social creatures, hence we look for those who are similar to us and make connections and alliances with them!  

The tendency WE HAVE AS HUMANS to stereotype others, to form judgment of others it's a survival mechanism left over from our oldest ancestors!

As a social race it is empathy which we evolved to connect with others and make alliances with them. Being able to see the world from somebody else's point of view and imagine what their needs and desires are.

Your survival instinct to feel disgusted at the sight of a fat woman's legs has nothing to do with the human social skills required to form advanced civilization and culture.

Continue to live your life openly objecting to anything you don't much fancy. Distrust anybody who's not up to date with Milan fashion trends and catwalk diets. Judge people at first sight if they don't look the way you choose to look. Some day in the future you'll realise that your life experience has been a bland tapestry of samedom, never mixing with people from different walks of life unless they happen to fit with your ideals.

I might laugh, in private, at a YouTube video of a fat kid falling on his face. But I will not post a comment under the video saying "ha, ha, fat kid fail, fat kids suck". And if I one day find that my son is a fat kid, I will not ridicule him. And if I meet a fat kid in the street, I will treat him with the same respect and dignity as anybody else. That does not make me FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, as you put it. It makes me polite, as yourkeau put it. It makes me empathetic, as most human beings are. I do not, and would not want to, hold the first thought that pops into my head as a well rounded and informed opinion about the world. I'm allowed, and encourage myself, to behave in a respectful manner no matter what disrespectful ideas I might have.

edit: that said - welcome back to @RenegadeFurther who might not agree to my claim of behaving in a respectful manner! :P Very glad to see you on your feet, Renegade.

Ha toBnruG! I remember being in a clothes shop in London with my then Spanish wife..and she wasn´t very discreet at times...we were speaking in Spanish and she saw another woman holding up a dress or something and said fairly loudly " oh God, she´d look even uglier and fatter if she wore that ! "..embarrassing...because the woman holding up the dress turned out to be Spanish and wasn´t too pleased about the comment!:P

In my lifelong experience, nice, quiet holidays with well-behaved people can cost money. You get what you pay for. Yes, there are a few relatively quiet and beautiful places if one is in the know.

Call a travel agent and tell her/him exactly what your are looking for. You might have to sell a couple of pairs of shoes, though.

Where I come from, middle class women wearing $1000 shoes and name brand everything are considered to be "fakes". Either that or on welfare.

"Bullying is what these people were trying to do to me until I stopped them on their tracks!!"

First time I heard someone being ignored thinking they "stopped them on their tracks".

I've read every word of this thread and I can't think of any reaction that I could take other than ignoring. Thanks @fraufruit. I'm taking your advice.

1 hour ago, toBnruG said:

As a social race it is empathy which we evolved to connect with others and make alliances with them. Being able to see the world from somebody else's point of view and imagine what their needs and desires are.

Your survival instinct to feel disgusted at the sight of a fat woman's legs has nothing to do with the human social skills required to form advanced civilization and culture.

Continue to live your life openly objecting to anything you don't much fancy. Distrust anybody who's not up to date with Milan fashion trends and catwalk diets. Judge people at first sight if they don't look the way you choose to look. Some day in the future you'll realise that your life experience has been a bland tapestry of samedom, never mixing with people from different walks of life unless they happen to fit with your ideals.

I might laugh, in private, at a YouTube video of a fat kid falling on his face. But I will not post a comment under the video saying "ha, ha, fat kid fail, fat kids suck". And if I one day find that my son is a fat kid, I will not ridicule him. And if I meet a fat kid in the street, I will treat him with the same respect and dignity as anybody else. That does not make me FAKE, FAKE, FAKE, as you put it. It makes me polite, as yourkeau put it. It makes me empathetic, as most human beings are. I do not, and would not want to, hold the first thought that pops into my head as a well rounded and informed opinion about the world. I'm allowed, and encourage myself, to behave in a respectful manner no matter what disrespectful ideas I might have.

edit: that said - welcome back to @RenegadeFurther who might not agree to my claim of behaving in a respectful manner! :P Very glad to see you on your feet, Renegade.

Listen here SEXY STUD! (How inappropriate of me to call you that you'll say now!)

I like opinionated people like you, a man who stands on his grounds and doesn't back down!  How sexy is that! Too bad you wish I was dead because I made the comments I made about the plus size ladies in cocktail dresses!!

Read carefully!

When I made the comment I made, I was simply narrating the spectacle that I got to witness which included tacky Russian women wearing ridiculous tacky outfits, with high heels and extreme amounts of make up under the hot mediterranean Sun!  (Somebody tell these women they're not Hollywood celebrities, that bleached blonde hair looks cheap, and we're not in the 1940's!)

Fat British birds with tiny cocktail dresses with their cellulite and stretch marks showing, plus their massive sailor looking tattoos out there for the world to see, while balancing on tiny high heels like elephants balancing on a ball at the circus!  (and most of them were in their early 20's!  imagine how they will look like at the age of 40!) oh dear!!

Sun obsessed Germans with their skin so damaged by the sun, their skins looked like old wrinkly water damaged leather. And then they have the nerve to say "NEIN I WON'T MOFF I SHUST GOT HIER!!!" and  refusing to share the sun beds.  Let them be, they're the ones getting skin cancer, not me!!

What I did was a narrative...  I simply wanted you to capture the circus that I was exposed to!

Now... do I care these people came across, or look like that? NOT ONE BIT!  I was just a mere spectator witnessing the circus of freaks and taking mental note!

No need for you to be so offended or call me horrible names!

hsahahahaaha  (IT'S COMEDY HOUR BABY!)

22 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

In my lifelong experience, nice, quiet holidays with well-behaved people can cost money. You get what you pay for. Yes, there are a few relatively quiet and beautiful places if one is in the know.

Call a travel agent and tell her/him exactly what your are looking for. You might have to sell a couple of pairs of shoes, though.

Where I come from, middle class women wearing $1000 shoes and name brand everything are considered to be "fakes". Either that or on welfare.

"Bullying is what these people were trying to do to me until I stopped them on their tracks!!"

First time I heard someone being ignored thinking they "stopped them on their tracks".

How ADORABLE

you're so catty!!!

MEOWWW!!!! 

35 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ha toBnruG! I remember being in a clothes shop in London with my then Spanish wife..and she wasn´t very discreet at times...we were speaking in Spanish and she saw another woman holding up a dress or something and said fairly loudly " oh God, she´d look even uglier and fatter if she wore that ! "..embarrassing...because the woman holding up the dress turned out to be Spanish and wasn´t too pleased about the comment!:P

I had an incident like that once

I went to a coffee shop and this rude waitress kept ignoring me.  I told my friend "she's as rude as she's ugly and fat!"  Turned out the waitress was one of those very loud entitled looking American women, she happened to speak perfect Spanish and heard everything I said... .   Oh god, it's so hilarious!  the crazy things we get to experience in life!!!

Interestingly enough, she served me and was looking at me in a very puzzled manner.  (Perhaps I slapped her on the face with something called reality!)

I like how easy going you are... you take things lightly with a fun sense of humor without making a major fuss about anything!

Ah, Andrea! Rude people...let me explain!:D

About a year ago here on Crete, I accompanied my German girlfriend into a clothes shop. The female sales assistant was talking privately on her mobile phone. My girlfriend checked out the stuff on offer, raised a few things in the air, changed her mind about what would suit her what on any particular evening..that kind of thing. She wanted to ask the assistant something but said assistant carried on nattering away on her mobile.

After about ten minutes, we decided to leave the shop, feeling ignored!

As we were going out, the shop assistant suddenly put down her mobile and  said, somewhat annoyed: " in my country, we say goodbye ".

Girlfriend, sharp as a razor: " in MY country, we say HELLO ! ":lol:

4 minutes ago, Andrea-87 said:

Interestingly enough, she served me and was looking at me in a very puzzled manner.  (Perhaps I slapped her on the face with something called reality!)

She was probably puzzled to see if you could taste whatever she had put in your food or drink. 

1 minute ago, snowingagain said:

She was probably puzzled to see if you could taste whatever she had put in your food or drink. 

Nope

I ordered a fizzy water and it came to me in the bottle and she opened it in front of me!

30 minutes ago, eileenak said:

I've read every word of this thread and I can't think of any reaction that I could take other than ignoring. Thanks @fraufruit. I'm taking your advice.

You have so much personality, all this rubbish is truly below you, but yet you take the time to come here and MAKE A POST ABOUT IT SAYING YOU'RE JUST GOING TO IGNORE ALL THIS BECAUSE YOU'RE WAY ABOVE IT!!!

See what I mean?  "Please look at me and get the impression I am really mature, and educated and I live by my criteria and my rules which are very strict!"

FAKE FAKE FAKE 

11 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ah, Andrea! Rude people...let me explain!:D

About a year ago here on Crete, I accompanied my German girlfriend into a clothes shop. The female sales assistant was talking privately on her mobile phone. My girlfriend checked out the stuff on offer, raised a few things in the air, changed her mind about what would suit her what on any particular evening..that kind of thing. She wanted to ask the assistant something but said assistant carried on nattering away on her mobile.

After about ten minutes, we decided to leave the shop, feeling ignored!

As we were going out, the shop assistant suddenly put down her mobile and  said, somewhat annoyed: " in my country, we say goodbye ".

Girlfriend, sharp as a razor: " in MY country, we say HELLO ! ":lol:

hahahaaha

I have had incidents like that too, with extremely rude French and Swiss attendants!

One time in Geneva I was checking out a store and this lady working in there gave me this look like "you can't afford this" and she raised an eyebrow!

So I tried EVERYTHING and made a mess... after I had her thinking I was gonna buy it all I said, honestly this all looks cheap and I walked out!  It is so satisfying!

2 minutes ago, eileenak said:

Guilty Guilty Guilty  

I thought you were gonna ignore all this

So I tried EVERYTHING and made a mess... after I had her thinking I was gonna buy it all I said, honestly this all looks cheap and I walked out!  It is so satisfying!

So you couldn't afford it after all. Oh well.

If not that, what was your purpose?

Just now, fraufruit said:

So you couldn't afford it after all. Oh well.

Oh don't be such a classist...  

I became a notification with Sound and as I am nosy I had to look and see. It keeps plopping here and my tea is getting cold. Goodnight Johnboy, Goodnight Andrea.

55 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Not at all. People visiting Krimml waterfalls or Zugspitze are intelligent and come from all social backgrounds. If you stay away from hydrogen hydroxide then you don't pay much for a quiet holiday, not at all.