Where in Spain do they have classy beach towns devoid of loud drunk aggressive English, Germans, Russians on holiday?

188 posts in this topic

:lol:

asi es el mundo-the way the world is! I think I got free entrance to the Salt Cathedral in Bogota that way! It is not what you know..it is what you are known as!:P

On April 8, 2016 at 5:04:37 PM, More tea, Vicar? said:

I have a soft spot for all Colombians.  Great great people, if mad as a brush to a man.

I spent three highly entertaining months backpacking in Colombia.  Unfortunately, I can't remember much of it - apart from when Diana died - I was in the Andes somewhere and this local in typical get-up (blue jeans, white shirt and cowboy hat) said to me "su princessa, se han mourio" (really bad Spanish of mine!)

I'm beginning to sound like you, john!

ahahaha great story!!!

Su princesa murió!!!  I recall when she died, I was a child and everyone was talking about it. 

Then bizarrely people stayed up late at night to see her funeral.   Me?  I could care less  (I was around 8), all I wanted was to play video games with my brother!

3 hours ago, black1 said:

Just imagine the chaos this girl would bring to your life, friend circle, relatives and work colleagues if you were dating her. It might even be worth it for the fireworks, passion and sheer fun. You just have to keep that foot out of her mouth.

I am absolutely capable of behaving

Like every single human being I am a multifaceted individual

It is funny, Andrea:I was in a dodgy whiskeria in Mexico as a 21 year old..and with a dictionary, A  lady asked me my name and I knew Juan was John..but i checked Gunn in a dictionary and it was..more or less..Pistola: all the women in the bar laughed..and some pointed to a body part I had!!! I learnt the lesson and used it from then on. I still have Skype contact with an Argentine Arts Professor in Buenos Aires..who still starts with ..hola Pistola! Como andas! How are you_ 

On the phone, when I lived in Buenos Aires, I always answered..me llamo Pistola, Juan Pistola..my name is Pistola, Juan Pistola ..James Bondish!:P

Edit... Blimey..who have I upset now_a reddie because of my name_:D

Well your name certainly would raise a few eye brows in South America!!!  (In a good way!)

A few years ago I got a job at a US commissary... you know, where they sell food for the American troops overseas.  One of the military officers that used to frequent the place had the last name America, and he was a Captain.   We always joked behind his back.  (Imagine how his soldiers must call him...  "Captain America")

I am sure they also had someone named Dick somewhere in the US Army, who was probably a Major!  It'd be hilarious!

3 hours ago, black1 said:

Just imagine the chaos this girl would bring to your life, friend circle, relatives and work colleagues if you were dating her. It might even be worth it for the fireworks, passion and sheer fun. You just have to keep that foot out of her mouth.

..coughs and remembers his younger brother Colin...quite the womaniser in his late 20s...now, my mum accepted all his girlfriends and ploughed them with food and tea and what not..

The trick was..if girl A was expected, then mum would take a photo down of another of Colin s sweethearts off the wall. . And make sure it was not girl B.  Or girl C or even D.:D