Meet up for 30-45 year-old women permanently in Munich

773 posts in this topic

Can't make Wednesday but can do Tuesday.  If Tuesday works, great... if it gets changed to wed, then next time for me. 

Tuesday's the only night next week that I can't make it.  Hard to coordinate so many people! :)

Thursday works for me.  Wednesday possibly and can't on Tuesday.  I suggest a tapa's bar called Ole Madrid if you guys are up for it.  There are lots of nice cocktails and sangria along with delicious tapas.   

Address is: 

Häberlstraße 15
(Nähe Goetheplatz)
80337 München

Menu, link below:

http://www.ole-madrid.com/speisekarte/speisekarte.html

On 6.6.2016, 13:13:47, Magazine said:

Hello!  

I just discovered this thread. Pity.. A few days too late as I missed the get together. I would be happy to join in on the next one. I am also happy to organize if there is interest. 

I am a 38 year old Canadian. I recently moved to Munich and am here to stay.  I am interested in meeting other ladies. I am not working yet so am also available to meet up during the week.

Please get in touch if interested. 

Cheers!

mk

Ahem.

This is a ladies meetup.

Your profile lists you as male, unfortunately...

Strange, I do not remember selecting a gender when I signed up months ago. Not sure why or how it was male. I just corrected it. 

Hey happycamper, is Ole Madrid noisy? Last time at Hey Luigi's, we had to shout at each other as it was so noisy in there. Both places, the Potting Shed and Ole Madrid seems convenient by U/S bahn. I'd suggest the more quiet one, whichever that is, for Wednesday June 15th, 6:30pm. 

Hi Vanya,

I don't recall it being super noisy but I was there with a large group so we were the ones making the noise.  All the other tables were just a couple people.  The sangria was super as well as the other cocktails.

It might be a good idea to check if they're showing UEFA matches or not, since it tends to get much more busy/noisy. Not sure that the Switzerland-Romania match on Wednesday would bring out big crowds, but just a thought.

Hi all,

I am German (orginally from Hamburg) but lived in Ireland for over 20 years from straight after school.

My Irish husband and I moved to Munich a couple of years ago as he has always wanted to live here and I really miss speaking English more and mingling with native speakers. Would you mind if I joined your group? Just let me know?

Thanks very much!

Jessie

Hi Jessica,  as long as you speak English, I'm sure everyone's happy to have your company! 

So taking up an advice, I'm going to suggest Tuesday and Wednesday. For those who can make Tuesday,  let's meet at Sousou which is across from Galeria Kaufhof at Marienplatz, 6pm.

For the Wednesday group, whomever feels like organizing and finalizing that (since I won't be there)... go ahead!

Since we're not such a big group, does it make sense perhaps to have just the Tuesday meet up this week?  I'll join in next time, unless plans for this week change.

I have an appointment tomorrow so likely it will be too late by the time i make it to back to the city. Hopefully next time. 

Cheers!

I thought the majority's available on Wednesday.  Thus the suggestion for Tuesday/Wednesday split. You gals should hang out on Wednesday. Doesn't seem right for me to dictate your whereabouts when I won't be there.  The next German game's on Thursday against Poland so Wednesday shouldn't be a problem. 

But, if not... then next time.

I can't do Wednesday now due to work commitments and 6pm might be too early for me to make so I'll come to the next one. 

So just to clarify, Tuesday at Sousou is happening. Virginia and I will meet up. Anyone else, feel free to join. Give me a call or a txt to find us and so we know you are joining. We're usually chit chatting and eating/drinking for quite some time and may move around, depending on the atmosphere of the place, so you can join anytime later.  My number's 015730327000. 

Anyone who wants to organize some other venue during the week can do so with this forum as long as it applies to the forum's subject. 

Ladies! Thank you for continuing to organise! I have been stuck in London on business and just got back!

Did everyone meet? Hope so.

I would suggest the next meet up takes place on 30 June? That is a Thursday at http://www.kaisergarten.com/en/.

It is in Schwabing and there is a lovely beer garden, so if the weather is nice we can all sit outside! It is basically three stops from Marienplatz...

Please let me know numbers and I will make a reservation...