Handyman in Frankfurt

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent handyman in Frankfurt, ideally one with at least basic English. I've got a pretty simple job that needs doing, installing a mount for suspension trainer into a wall using some lag bolts. The screws are pretty heavy duty and apparently you really need some special tools to do it, and seems like the sort of thing that could mess your wall up big time if you get it wrong.

By the way, does anyone also know how landlords typically feel about this sort of thing? Basically, it's just a matter of putting two bolts into a wall, but they're about 5cm long and maybe 6mm wide, so they're kind of big. Please don't tell me I'm about to come up against another German regulation...

An Irish mate of mine also sidelines as a Handyman, can fit kitchens really well so can't see a few bolts being an issue.

I can PM you his details if you want.

Hello there

I am reviving this thread. Does anyone know a good allrounder handyman in the Frankfurt area for painting, lights, picture hanging and odd jobs?

1 minute ago, robinson100 said:

There used to be a very good handyman in Frankfurt but he is no longer available and a great loss to TT.

Sad memories, robinson! :(

I've used painters, plumbers, electricians and other various tradesmen in the past, and I have to say they were all very good, but I still have to find a handyman for minor bits and pieces. I'd also be interested  if you found one, especially if he or she turns out to be an English speaker.

10 minutes ago, Smaug said:

Sad memories, robinson! :(

6 years on and I still miss him.  I'm looking around my apartment just now and wondering who I'm going to get to paint it as it's going to need it sometime soon.

If I come across anybody, I'll certainly let everyone here know.

I found a fabulous handyman, very good conscientiousness and reasonably priced. Only negative is I don't think he speaks much English. I'd drop him a line in English and see if he responds. 

greg.poweska@web.de

Update: emailed them and got this. HIghly recommend him!

We would be very happy to help. My English ist quite good. Greg did only learn Russian in school. I would have to do the Communication ....

Have a nice evening,

Regards, Julia 

Hi John here,

We are a small English speaking company here in Frankfurt.

We have just opened a company specially for expats who may need help around there Home.

You can email me at johnfward79@gmail.com

just a few of the things we do.

Tiling,

Plastering

Fitting kitchens

Plumbing

Some electricity work,

Painting,

Laying wooden floors,

Fitting windows and doors.

Hi John. 

Your new business sounds interesting.  Do you have any samples of your work? 

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the contact of a proper Handyman? I contacted all the ones mentioned in this thread but I didn't got any answer.

Best,

Robin

Hi John,

Would you guys be able to install picture rails along the walls of a recently built flat? I've been thinking about having that done but I am reluctant because the contractors I asked some time ago didn't seem to be very keen or hadn't done it before.

The background is that many of the walls of the flat are made of concrete walls that cannot be penetrated by nails. I though a picture rail might be a better alternative than the heavy-duty drilling now required to hang anything on the walls.