Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hard Rock Cafe,how many have you been too?

19 posts in this topic

Just come back from the Hard Rock here in Warsaw,me and mrs bobbylines started thinking about how many we have been to,

six,San Franscisco,New York,Anchorage,Hollywood,Budapest and now Warsaw,so how many and where have you all been?

They are all the same. It's like asking, "How many McDonald's have you been to?" :lol:

Do tell us how different your experiences were. I would honestly like to hear you out.

I've been to Hard Rock Cafe both in London and Berlin but they were not and would not be my goto choices, they were always invites,  the 3 times in London and the one and last time in Berlin was about as memorable as the first time, their just upmarket burger joints.

Unlike Macdonalds and Burger king you get waiting staff, a laid table and you eat in civilisation with a knife and fork and you get to drink alcoholic beverages and stare at the walls of so called memorabilia.

You might as well ask how many Blockhouse restaurants have you eaten in in germany and what was your experience, they're all the bloody same, a steakhouse much the same as Hard Rock Cafe is a burger joint.

Seeing the different gitarres,suits ,hand written notes etc etc,realising that Cher after seeing her dress was only about 5 ft tall ,that my hero Bowie wasn,t as tall as i thought just so many things to discover and learn about our music heros,but there again ronald macdonald is the same in every resteraunt,maybe Hard Rock Cafe can only be appreciated by people who appeciate music.

It's a theme restaurant and if you're into music maybe you'll see a curiosity like the guitar pick somebody used at some concert but at the end of the day if the food is shit nobody will bother going.  Planet Hollywood is the best example of that.

I've been to Hard Rock Cafes all over the US, in London, several places in Germany... and yes, the greatest attraction for me always was the collection of music memorabilia in each place.

The food is surprisingly mediocre, just a decent drinking foundation. No more, no less.

I've been to the one in Munich, the price didn't reflect the quality of the food, far too expensive!

7 hours ago, bobbylines said:

,maybe Hard Rock Cafe can only be appreciated by people who appeciate music.

And by people who have fat wallets. ;)

I walked into the one in Hamburg harbour and walked out again. Too loud and too full of people trying hard to be cool.

My god-daughter collected the T-shirts from various Hard Rock Cafes. Never wore them, just wanted to buy them. She turned out to be a cold-hearted bitch. Don't know if the act of buying T-shirts that you are never going to wear from some chain of cafes that you never eat or drink in and the bitchiness are connected, though.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Nick said:

Maybe they are "collectables" and an investment for the future?

Add a nice cappuccino to the side, and you have a Hard Rock Cafe... :D

listening-hard-rock_o_1059210.jpg

Been to Surfer's Paradise (Australia), Warsaw and Krakow (Poland), Hamburg (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), and London (England).

I personally like the HRC's. I get a souvenir glass at every one I visit (as a rule, I must stay for a meal and a drink, and I try to order a drink which reflects the city in some way, then get the souvenir glass of that drink). I wan tto visit as many as I can throughout my life! :D

I, like Bobby, go there to see the different Music memorabilia and I find that each one does differ.  If you're going there for the Food, then of course it's like McDonalds, all the same.  Unfortunately, I find that more and more they have a bunch of signed guitars and Gold records and not much more of the unique items that made going there so interesting.

Anyway, I've been to Seattle, Chicago, San Diego, New York, Dallas, Las Vegas, PHiladelphia, London, Berlin, Munich, Tel Aviv, Bangkok, Madrid, Rome, Amsterdam, London, Toronto, Singapore, Jakarta, Paris, Kuala Lumpur, Bali, Vancouver, Barcelona, Prague, and Hong Kong.

I really enjoyed Planet Hollywod, as I am much more of a film buff than music fan.  It's something Special for me to see Dorothy's Dress and ruby slippers, the Staff from the 10 Commandments, Spocks ears, a blaster form the original Star Wars, etc.  I've been to a number of those as well. We haven't been to either during our travels lately, as both chains tend to now repeat the same displays.  Oh well, life, and orignal movie props, moves on.