Brussels Terror Attacks: Islamist Jihadist Terrorists Strike Again

502 posts in this topic

It is a sad day.

Emotions are running high.

There will be a price to pay and terrorists as well as ideological supporters and enablers will be held to account.

Seems the problem is much bigger  than we realized. While conservative leaning myself I've tended to dismiss the right wing fox news media as Fauxnews not really worthy of serious consideration but thanks to a few hard core Tea Party facebook friends it occasionally shows up on my newsfeed. They've been saying for years that the European left is covering this up. Honour killings, rapes harassment and killing of Christians, the massive cover up over sexual assault in the muslim community. Britain First is an example of this. To be clear this was not a cover up the police (in the UK) have been doing there job, just the  news media out of fear of offending Muslim simply buried it. 

Sooooooo it only took two major terrorist attacks and massive group sexual assult (which the police at first refused to even report)  to shit attitudes but it's happening. This from CNN. So where was the left in all of this??? 

It took months to coax people to meet with us. Many had received threats from self-proclaimed extremists directly to their mobile phones, warning them against speaking to the media.

edited

Sad day indeed.

I am wondering - could it be the fact that "we" (European residents) are not "used" to such abominable acts (how could anyone get used to this?) which makes us react in such an emotional manner?

Any turnstile lovers here? I hope, no more. One year ago I was in Brussels subway which has turnstiles at the entrance and turnstiles at the exit, in both cases you have to use your ticket to pass them. And the exit turnstiles didn't work. I was standing a bit thinking what to do (there was no personnel) until some local turned up and pressed the SOS button. It opened all turnstiles. Nobody cared.

And when there is a blast, many people just run away and these shitty turnstiles, even when open, prevent people from leaving the station  quickly. Hopefully, no turnstiles in Germany.

14 minutes ago, Chocky said:

German news media at the moment is pathetic, I have yet to hear a debate on the radio about the legitimate concerns from German citizens regarding the flood of migrants in to the country.  

On the plus side, we should be spared the bleeding heart, pro asyl, wall to wall propaganda and misinformation on the TV for the next two to three weeks (based on previous incidents).

Condolences to the families of the victims of yet more senseless terror attacks.

Now,

[sarcasm / on]

Nah, proAsyl, the Greens, Linke, the German government and its propaganda arms ARD and ZDF will be running around claiming that the poor dears who committed these mass murders simply were future rocket scientists and Nobel Prize awardees who were not welcomed and accommodated enough, hence the AfD and National Front are to blame for the atrocities and we need to open the borders even more.

[sarcasm / off]

2 hours ago, john g. said:

What happened today is likely the tip of the iceberg and European societies are in serious trouble.

European societies have been in serious trouble for many years - its just that most are in denial (which will continue).

23 minutes ago, Chocky said:

German news media at the moment is pathetic, I have yet to hear a debate on the radio about the legitimate concerns from German citizens regarding the flood of migrants in to the country.  

Given the influence of the Greens/ Linkies & parts of the SPD you are unlikely to hear such a debate.

20 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

...as well as ideological supporters and enablers will be held to account.

Realistically speaking - that is unlikely.

6 minutes ago, grimmiger said:

On the plus side, we should be spared the bleeding heart, pro asyl, wall to wall propaganda and misinformation on the TV for the next two to three weeks (based on previous incidents).

That will probably continue due to (1) its not them & this is what they are fleeing from & (2) if we change to Fluchtlinge-not-so-welcome wel'll have more of this...

Any good retirement homes on Greenland?

6 minutes ago, grimmiger said:

Traumweiter. Maybe a slight dip but nothing can stop the, "WIR SCHAFFEN DAS" love train.

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think that innocent people always react emotionally everywhere to these things. Why would you think that only we do?

Perhaps it is its physical closeness, realizing that it could happen tomorrow next to us?

I remember 9/11 - my reaction at that time was one of disbelief (first) and anger (afterwards). I simply couldn't believe it was possible, but I didn't feel the actual fear I do feel now, that I felt after Paris... it was "far away".

May this people rest in peace.

I feel so angry watching this trash call humans doing this to people that had nothing to do with their believes. The one mistake they made was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Don't you love our politicians how they just keep saying, we need to stay together not to be afraid, no to do this, not do that but we keep getting attack by this idiots all over Europe and the world. It's seems to me like the future of our children is looking better everyday doesn't it?  

9 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

Traumweiter. Maybe a slight dip but nothing can stop the, "WIR SCHAFFEN DAS" love train.

Because love works and war fails. In Israel all citizens excepts Muslims are armed, terrorists are killed instantly und? Nothing, they experience a series of knife attacks at the moment. Guns don't solve the problem of violence, and you people are the ones who are in denial.

European love and tolerance is written by blood, people...

7 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Because love works and world fails. In Israel all citizens excepts Muslims are armed, terrorists are killed instantly und? Nothing, they experience a series of knife attacks at the moment. Guns don't solve the problem of violence, and you people are the ones who are in denial.

What,  "you people" are YOU talking about? I'm neither PRO Isreal nor PRO Guns!

I AM PRO SOMTHINGS-GOTTA-CHANGE so we are not atacked 24/7 by Islamist Jihadist terrorists. Here or anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Angela Merkel needs to be arrested, now.

8 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

What,  "you people" are YOU talking about? I'm neither PRO Isreal nor PRO Guns!

I AM PRO SOMTHINGS-GOTTA-CHANGE so we are not atacked 24/7 by Islamist Jihadist terrorists. Here or anywhere.

You're not pro-Israel, what does it mean? Israel fights Islamic terror since 1948. It has more experience in this than any other country in the world.

So you, like most people in this world, advocate stripping our freedoms for safety. Israel has done it. You can't enter any building there without bag inspection. And this country is not safe. You advocate security theater which has nothing to do with real security.

6 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

Islamic terror began in 1948?

I don't know the exact date for the first attack but the reason for it was creation of Israel itself, that's why I wrote so.

And regarding "I AM PRO SOMTHINGS-GOTTA-CHANGE". If something is gotta change, then terrorists have achieved their goals. Terror is to make people scared for their lives 24/7. And you're scared, they've achieved what they wanted.

If you want to stop terror, then you should never be scared after any terror attack. Its probability is lower than death in car accident. Yet we are not scared to drive, right?

1 hour ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

Sooooooo it only took two major terrorist attacks and massive group sexual assult (which the police at first refused to even report)  to shit attitudes but it's happening. This from CNN. So where was the left in all of this??? 

That was a really excellent CNN article for once, and very good reading about the vicious cycle ISIS is trying to induce.  It's a strategic plan to eliminate the "grayzone", the ISIS term for the possibility of coexistence.