Brussels Terror Attacks: Islamist Jihadist Terrorists Strike Again

502 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, gemini said:

Clinton is a total Hawk, Cruz wants the sand to Glow and America to find Jesus again, Trump is just a dangerous baffoon...I am going Sanders. 

Good luck with that.  The choice will be clinton or trump. Bernie stands no chance of being on the ballot.

Edit: Mike makes a good point (below).  But of course if it is Cruz Clinton then there is no point voting because Clinton wins by a landslide. 

3 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Good luck with that.  The choice will be clinton or trump. Bernie stands no chance of being on the ballot.

Not really, I think it will be between Clinton and Cruz. Trump will probably not get a majority and then on a 2nd round the representatives can vote in whoever they want. And they will not vote Trump, to defend the GOP.

*AHEM  - Can we stay on topic...?  the Islamic Terror Attacks on the EU at Brussels not U.S. elections which ATM I could give a flying fuck about.

Latest figures.

Airport: 11 dead, 81 injured.

Subway: 15 dead, 55 injured.

:(

Watching ARD/ZDF both unwilling out of an abundance of caution to possible... dare say, speculate or even suggest that these attacks might... in...some...way...shape...or...form be interpreted or considered to have some connection or nexus to terror organizations

40 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

*AHEM  - Can we stay on topic...?  the Islamic Terror Attacks on the EU at Brussels not U.S. elections which ATM I could give a flying fuck about.

Ah, but isn't it interesting, how many things it seems to touch on?

1 minute ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Ah, but isn't it interesting, how many things it seems to touch on?

Yeah right, and we are all waiting for your academic riposte as to why open borders would have prevented this tragedy.

1 hour ago, airwave said:

It's tricky.

On one hand, mass-demonizing people based upon skin colour / religion / language / preferred cartoon is doubtlessly wrong.

Actually stereotyping is bitter, but quite an effective pill. It creates collective guilt and community wide accountability. Only stereotyping can create peer-to-peer monitoring by community insiders, where outsiders cannot tread. 

If certain community does not want to get stereotyped, then putting their own house in order would be an effective solution. PC induced silence - not so much !! 

2 minutes ago, rohit_2543 said:

Actually stereotyping is bitter, but quite an effective pill. It creates collective guilt and community wide accountability. Only stereotyping can create peer-to-peer monitoring by community insiders, where outsiders cannot tread. 

If certain community does not want to get stereotyped, then putting their own house in order would be an effective solution. PC induced silence - not so much !! 

*shakes head* The history of stereotypes on, for example, US black communities among others suggests that this is absolutely untrue and quite contrary to observed reality.

6 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

NO, just psychobabble blather aimed to diminish or distract from the real FACTS!

What, precisely, is "psychobabble"?  What does it mean, exactly?  Do you even know? 

The best reaction to an elaborate attempt to provoking particular reactions is calm public consideration of what is going on and why, otherwise you have opportunitists leading people into e.g. the second Iraq war as though it was an answer to 9/11.

I started this thread,  go take your stupid non-relevant  stereotypes of US black communities drivel somewhere else.
PLEASE!

Yet another "EI Memememememe " thread...

8 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

I started this thread go take your stupid non-relevant  stereotypes of US black communities drivel somewhere else.

I responded to what @rohit_2543 said.  It turns out that you don't own the threads you start on TT.  Surprise surprise.

1 hour ago, rohit_2543 said:

Nope. 

Education in the community (i.e. of the community members) creates peer-to-peer monitoring. Stereotyping only encourages the "city under siege" mentality ("we are persecuted, we must stick together"). This is not about PC (which I see as a part of positive discrimination), but about (the need for) a lack of a negative discrimination. Everyone must be treated equally, nothing more and nothing less than the next person.

As I said - bad behaviours need to be combated based on a risk analysis and due diligence relying on that. It is completely wrong to assume that all <insert group here> are <insert bad quality here> simply because X% of them are <insert bad quality here>. The same way that it is wrong to assume that all <insert group here> are good simply because Y% of them have done nothing wrong.

Nobody is a priori either good or bad due to belonging/not belonging to a specific group, nobody deserves any special treatment, either good or bad, due to belonging/not belonging to a specific group. Individual actions, qualities and behaviour and their fit in the social and legal norms valid at the time and place are the only relevant things.

23 minutes ago, slycookies said:

Welp...this all (attacks on each other) escalated quicker than I thought it would. 

I should not have called EI *that* , I take/took *that* back.

@Eupathic Impulse Sorry, I apologize. *THAT* was below the belt.

1 minute ago, sr5dnptylno said:

I should not have called EI a fucking idiot, I take/took that back.

@Eupathic Impulse Sorry, I apologize.

Apology accepted.  I have deleted it from my quote as well.

10 minutes ago, sr5dnptylno said:

Watching ARD/ZDF both unwilling out of an abundance of caution to possible... dare say, speculate or even suggest that these attacks might... in...some...way...shape...or...form be interpreted or considered to have some connection or link to terror organizations i.e. PEGIDA or AfD or other Rechtsextremest groups.

German news media at the moment is pathetic, I have yet to hear a debate on the radio about the legitimate concerns from German citizens regarding the flood of migrants in to the country.