Brussels Terror Attacks: Islamist Jihadist Terrorists Strike Again

502 posts in this topic

Given the obvious and oft-mentioned drawbacks to a lack of prevention, a.k.a., your beloved "open borders", is in no way a solution, rather it would exacerbate problems as well as creating myriad new ones. Prevention is a necessity, especially for welfare states.

1 hour ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

The separation of Church and State in the USA is merely that the government doesn't pick favorites among religions or actively work to implement religious law. 

Tell that to a group of Muslims trying to get a building permit for a mosque.

...in the South.

6 minutes ago, Conquistador said:

Given the obvious and oft-mentioned drawbacks to a lack of prevention, a.k.a., your beloved "open borders", is in no way a solution, rather it would exacerbate problems as well as creating myriad new ones. Prevention is a necessity, especially for welfare states.

And we come full circle, on a thread that isn't even AFAICT about refugees.  All I ask is that one consider that...preventive border enforcement also comes with its set of costs, including in human terms, and that there might be a different way to arrange the world, so that those costs do not have to be incurred.  I also believe that that is going to happen anyway, but the amount of pain as we get there can be reduced.

1 minute ago, Mik Dickinson said:

Er WTF i do believe that the thread is about an attack in Belgium???

Didn't you know? Every thread on politics becomes a thread about Muslims and then a thread about refugees now.  It's the TT Godwin Law.

I think (but am confusedly not sure!) all the other Religion of Peace/Migrant etc threads have closed or are not active, Mik. So many of them...

17 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

Didn't you know? Every thread on politics becomes a thread about Muslims and then a thread about refugees now.  It's the TT Godwin Law.

Not every thread on politics! Threads about refugees, migrants, bombings, beheadings etc tend to be, though. Can anyone be surprised?

Even the IRA/ETA/FARC aren´t in the news much these days.

3 minutes ago, Mik Dickinson said:

Er WTF i do believe that the thread is about an attack in Belgium???

I agree, Mik, yet when I had the nerve to pass on that ISIS had claimed responsibility, I was accused of being a Captain Obvious.

Let's all get back to the current events of today, please.

Impulse, before you start dreaming about open borders, you'd better find a solid way of filtering out the terrorists, criminals and welfare cheats. Most people are, justifiably, concerned about the costs your open borders would impose on ordinary people, rather than on, among others, the terrorists, criminals, and welfare cheats. Regardless of any intent on your part, the entry of lots of people no country wants or needs in its society is a clearly foreseeable consequence, even if you believe, against all evidence to the contrary, that masses of Muslims will voluntarily integrate into Western societies.

EDIT: This alone should force a rethink on your part- just imagine the highly increased expenses for police and internal intelligence services that would result from your open borders policy, which would allow almost any terrorist to waltz in. Apropro: Bombs in Brussels expose frailties of police tracking jihadists. From the article:

"French security experts have said it takes 10 to 20 agents to keep complete tabs on a single individual".

What was that about imposing costs? It's pretty obvious who is imposing them...

9 hours ago, sr5dnptylno said:

Anyone want to venture a *wild* guess who's responsible??
[   ] (Right Extreme Radicals)
[   ] (Lone Wolf)

[ X  ] ISIS

[   ] Accident
The Belgian Interior Minister warned yesterday of the potential of revenge attacks due to the arrest of the paris attacker.

I have updated my post from this morning

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I agree, Mik, yet when I had the nerve to pass on that ISIS had claimed responsibility, I was accused of being a Captain Obvious.

Let's all get back to the current events of today, please.

10 hours ago, sr5dnptylno said:

Anyone want to venture a *wild* guess who's responsible??
[   ] (Right Extreme Radicals)
[   ] (Lone Wolf)

[ X  ] ISIS

[   ] Accident
The Belgian Interior Minister warned yesterday of the potential of revenge attacks due to the arrest of the paris attacker.

I have updated my post from this morning, X marks the spot.

@fraufruit I also repeatedly requested that this thread not be sidetracked, but EI and other moonbats have once again dragged it into the abyss.
The topic which I created is to discuss today's Islamic/ISIS Terror Attacks in Brussels and not US Elections, Guns, Church/State seperation in America, Isreal etc.

4 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

And we come full circle, on a thread that isn't even AFAICT about refugees.  All I ask is that one consider that...preventive border enforcement also comes with its set of costs, including in human terms, and that there might be a different way to arrange the world, so that those costs do not have to be incurred.  I also believe that that is going to happen anyway, but the amount of pain as we get there can be reduced.

One problem is human beings are so imperfect and many, many people just don´t know how to behave themselves in a different society which is condusive to harmony or relative harmony. I wish I thought diferently in my advancing years..I was a supreme idealist not even that long ago .it´s disappearing fast.

35 minutes ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

and that there might be a different way to arrange the world, so that those costs do not have to be incurred.

Yep, there is - outlaw ALL religion, everywhere.

But it'll never happen. Too many brainwashed zombies have got too good a foothold.

1 hour ago, Eupathic Impulse said:

You keep coming up with this sort of bollocks statements where you disguise what you actually mean.

You are saying that without preventative border enforcement these sort of attacks may not happen ?

Now I cannot see any correlation between a terrorist attacked committed by ISIS (they've claimed responsibility apparently) who do not want muslims mixing with non muslims or hell even the wrong types of muslims (so what borders has to do with them god only knows)and preventetive border enforcement.

Now heres my bit of soothsaying..

1.You'll either totally ignore this post because answering it makes you uncomfortable or something.

2.You'll answer it quoting some long boring study from some academic that no ones ever heard of and has nothing to do with anything.

3.You'll bluster about your post being misinterpreted but won't actually explain what you did mean.

Wingjack posts bollocks on here but at least he doesn't try to hide his bollocks.

41 minutes ago, Perfect Poise said:

But it'll never happen. Too many brainwashed zombies have got too good a foothold.

Wouldn't help as people would flock to other non religious religions.

10 minutes ago, Keleth said:

You keep coming up with this sort of bollocks statements where you disguise what you actually mean.

You are saying that without preventative border enforcement these sort of attacks may not happen ?

Now I cannot see any correlation between a terrorist attacked committed by ISIS (they've claimed responsibility apparently) who do not want muslims mixing with non muslims or hell even the wrong types of muslims (so what borders has to do with them god only knows)and preventetive border enforcement.

Now heres my bit of soothsaying..

1.You'll either totally ignore this post because answering it makes you uncomfortable or something.

2.You'll answer it quoting some long boring study from some academic that no ones ever heard of and has nothing to do with anything.

3.You'll bluster about your post being misinterpreted but won't actually explain what you did mean.

Wingjack posts bollocks on here but at least he doesn't try to hide his bollocks.

Wingjack can´t hide HER bollocks! Lady poster!!!

52 minutes ago, Perfect Poise said:

You have never heard of Al-Taqiya, have you ? Brainwashed zombies are allowed to act atheist (or any other religion).

sod that im all ready for an war in Europe its heading that way.Touch me and mine and your dead no matter what religion or belief you are.If it was not for fuckface Ferkel maybe just maybe it might not have gotten this far so fast

18 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Wouldn't help as people would flock to other non religious religions.

eg Maoism, Stalinism..it´s all been tried. And failed.

Let people believe what they want but NOT impose it on others if they don´t want it. .