Brexit / Applying for German citizenship

1,883 posts in this topic

Oh, man, now we have to explain RF basic primary one math.

Two passports is better than one passport because two is bigger than one.

32 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Two passports is better than one passport because two is bigger than one.

Not necessary, Britain can still remain part of the Single market. No one knows.

If that was the case everyone would have applied for a second passport already.

My point is the Captain Obvious point you do not seem to get. Having a German passport is better than not having a German passport.

Pretty much the same as having 2 beers is better than having 1 beer.

25 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Not necessary, Britain can still remain part of the Single market. No one knows.

There are a number of ways the Uk can remain part of the single market so let's look at those ways.

a) Become / remain a member of the EEA after brexit

b.) Join EFTA

There are a lot of legal opinions concerning (a) as to whether the UK automatically is out of the EEA upon Brexit or if the UK must trigger Article 127. Time will tell, but politically, it would likely be suicide for the Conservatives to remain in the EEA after Brexit. In addition, it comes with costs and obligations.

Joining EFTA requires that there is  no veto from the other EFTA countries. Seeing as Norway is de facto the EFTA superpower so to speak, they are unlikely to be overly happy about a much larger economy usurping that spot. In addition, it comes with costs and obligations.

Both are  poorer substitutes to actual EU membership and the deal the UK had pre Brexit.

1 hour ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

Of course, after Brexit, your freedom to live and work will be immensely greater than with just a UK passport.

The remark he mentioned was as above.

Without knowing what Brexit entails the above might not be true as no one really know what Brexit will actually mean.

While no one can predict the future you can analyze things logically. And logic tells you there is no way the UK can stay in the single market without having to go against what they promised during the campaign. Basically they want freedom of movement only in one direction (I can move to your country but you can't move to mine) and access to the single market. No one really believes that is possible, except Boris Johnson.

Just now, Krieg said:

While no one can predict the future you can analyze things logically. And logic tells you there is no way the UK can stay in the single market without having to go against what they promised during the campaign. Basically they want freedom of movement only in one direction (I can move to your country but you can't move to mine) and access to the single market. No one really believes that is possible, except Boris Johnson.

Second guessing again I see.

Of course I am guessing, I started the sentence saying that.

I assume we already passed the main problem and you now understand that having a German passport is better than not having a German passport because 2 is bigger than 1.

1 hour ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

Of course, after Brexit, your freedom to live and work will be immensely greater than with just a UK passport.

It is better but without knowing Brexit it does not make the above statement any more truthful.

So, you actually believe UK will keep the freedom of movement in one direction? Are you Boris Johnson?

I believe the UK might get access to the commercial single market but at a great price which at the end they might no be willing to pay.

But freedom of movement in only one direction no f*****g way.

And true freedom of movement would mean they can't stop the Polish from moving there which is what really started all this.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So, you actually believe UK will keep the freedom of movement in one direction? Are you Boris Johnson?

I believe the UK might get access to the commercial single market but at a great price which at the end they might no be willing to pay.

But freedom of movement in only one direction no f*****g way.

And true freedom of movement would mean they can't stop the Polish from moving there which is what really started all this.

No one has a clue what Brexit means.

So you seriously believe freedom of movement in only one direction is even possible?

I know you were a bit silly, but ...

I like how:

- You make excuses and never answer direct questions.

- You accuse me of second guessing while second guessing.

Just now, Krieg said:

I like how:

- You make excuses and never answer direct questions.

- You accuse me of second guessing while second guessing.

Read the link I posted.

No one knows what brexit is and that is the fact.

Your first statement to a question I asked was to attack me.

Yet you offer zero evidence that my statement is in fact false.

I read it, that's why I posted that you are second guessing. The article starts with "A court ruling (that have not happened yet) may ... may ... may ..".

P.S., Because you seem not to get it, I will let you know something, since we are talking about events that did not happen yet we are all second guessing. So, you replying "You are second guessing" to everything only makes you look like a muppet.

Just now, Krieg said:

P.S., Because you seem not to get it, I will let you know something, since we are talking about events that did not happen yet we are all second guessing. So, you replying "You are second guessing" to everything only makes you look like a muppet.

Another insult.

I am still waiting for you to prove that my statement is indeed false and that it is indeed simple maths that I do not understand.