Heart attack at the age of 41

279 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, john g. said:

I got really paranoid reading about Renegade and will mend my ways. I often buy fruit and then  " forget " to eat it. Stocked up with fruit today and have promised myself to get it down me every day I don´t like fish much but will have to get used to eating it a couple of times a we:angry:ek.

Thankfully, I love all pulses, eggs and lean meats.

Be careful of the fruit John, fructose is still sugar, just another name and too much of it, in any form, is not good

22 minutes ago, john g. said:

I got really paranoid reading about Renegade and will mend my ways. I often buy fruit and then  " forget " to eat it. Stocked up with fruit today and have promised myself to get it down me every day I don´t like fish much but will have to get used to eating it a couple of times a we:angry:ek.

Thankfully, I love all pulses, eggs and lean meats.

Fruit you say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCXNp-XWA6g

Most important life change is don't sweat the small stuff and 98% of life is small stuff.

I think you got that already. You haven't disagreed with anyone on this thread yet.

Good on ya.

Do you need anything? We´re a resourceful bunch on here, you know!

(And, erm, is your doctor a doctor or an engineer?:lol: )

7 hours ago, sweetchoco2014 said:

Consult your doctor regarding regular intake of fish oils capsules and other vitamins which is essential in maintaining cholesterol levels and increase your physical activity (walking every day for 1/2 an hour is good.. but consult your doctor in case you plan other physical exercises)..  

Careful with this advice about fish oil capsules.  Recent studies have shown that they are not effective.  You are better off with the mediterranean diet and eating fish directly rather than supporting the $1.2B fish oil supplement industry. I stopped taking them several years ago and eat fish 2-3 times per week.  I'm thinking to move to Portugal so I can at least get decent fresh fish instead of the crap they sell here in Germany. ;) 

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Do you need anything? We´re a resourceful bunch on here, you know!

(And, erm, is your doctor a doctor or an engineer?:lol: )

Good point John!

I am sure we could find somebody local, or even take a trip to wherever, if necessary! (where the hell is Fürth, anyway?!)

Dunno where Fürth is, Rob! Might be where there is a hospital with a wierdo 41 year old Brit who lies a bit sick, Hopefully not reading a refugee thread! 

Yeah, anyone in Renegade´s area?

I just went Googling - seems to be near Nürnberg. so, we have people there, or if it comes to it, and we really want to torture him, I could make a day trip out of things ;-)

Better you than me visit Renegade, Rob! Your charm would cure his heart attack. My presence would add to it!:lol:

43 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

I just went Googling - seems to be near Nürnberg. so, we have people there, or if it comes to it, and we really want to torture him, I could make a day trip out of things ;-)

That's 10 min drive/ride from the centre of Nuremberg. However, the hospital can lie anywhere within Nuremberg-Fürth-Erlangen area (the size of München XXL more or less).

I'm not near that area but probably closer than most of you. If my help is needed, send a PM.

RenegadeFurther, gute Besserung!

On ‎29‎.‎02‎.‎2016‎ ‎18‎:‎11‎:‎09, RenegadeFurther said:

I am sitting in a hospital bed and wondering how I managed to get a heart attack at the age of 41. I have had a stent inserted but I have no idea what the recovery looks like. Has anybody in Toytown recovered from a heart attack and what life changes they made.

So sorry to hear this has happened, and get well soon, Renegade.

Oh dear, what a shock. Heed all the good advice and get well soon.

images.png.952d5eaf1fa3a97f53d3d8317876b

The chest and arm pains were what led me to admitting myself to hospital (where they discovered the myocarditis.)

That's really good news so far, RF! Thank your for keeping us posted.

Himself's pain was in his right arm and severe. He was sure he had "mouse arm" from working on his PC. Women tend to have all sorts of symptoms.

I've also heard that heart attack pain is constant - it doesn't come and go. Was yours like that?

There is a lot of information in the documentary "The Widowmaker". I've watched it 3 times already and find it very interesting.

Gute Besserung!

At first I thought it was just heartburn. After 15 mins I had trouble breathing, that's when my partner called the ambulance.  They operated at midnight that day. I got a wire through the arm right to the heart to put in the stent. I hope there is no long term damage. I will go on a cardio rehabilitation program for 4 weeks.

Wow. I've never heard of a stent catheter going into the arm - only in the groin which is where I get mine annually for my brain checkup.