Heart attack at the age of 41

286 posts in this topic

Not yet had that, Renegade, Man, I wish you  a speedy and full recovery. I´m 63 and hope to sing the famous Beatles song in July when I´m 64...

Can you handle a joke, Renegade? I´d like to ask permission first...

( But I can´t wait long..):rolleyes:

Fuck me kiddo!!! 

Get well soon... I dont do sloppy lovey dovey stuff on here so I#ll send you an SMS wiv a big Kuss!

Think positive, RenegadeFurther..change your TT name to  RenegadeFurther and Further and Further. Don´t stop, man!

Wow!

Yes, you are young, RF, but it's absolutely not the end, okay?

You will be advised to eat a healthy diet and to participate in sport when you leave hospital, and to try to reduce any obvious causes of stress in your life - probably things you have been mulling over whilst in hospital, but please take this seriously!

You can still expect to make a full recovery, and to continue to lead a good life - a friend of mine, who is now over 70 has had three stents popped in over the years, and he is just fine!

Take this as a warning - you might not have made it to hospital, and take the time to think things through thoroughly - some things in your life you can change, whilst, some you can't - make the right decisions, and you will live to a ripe old age!

In the meantime - get well soon!

Enjoy your stay in the Krankenhaus.  I made some deliberate choices about my health after  my dad kicked off at 57.  I've now outlived him by a year and am relatively healthy.  I've had to sacrifice cigarettes (Dad smoked 2-3 packs a day) a lot of sugar (Diabetes makes for a lot of heart attacks and I notice a huge difference when I don't eat sugar - a lot better.

But each case, while having some things in common, will have a lot of things unique to the individual. Your blood chemistry will have to be analysed and I'm sure there are probably a few more EKGs to look forward to.  Maybe a regimen of 80-100 mg of aspirin per day.  Maybe you will get some strong dose of statins to take every day, maybe some sort of blood thinner.  All depends on what the lab comes up with.  Exercise and diet will be the biggest changes for you, I imagine.  My dad had a quadruple bypass and still wouldn't give up the cigarettes.  Had a row of pill bottles on the shelf.  Don't think it will go to that extent in your case.

Gute Besserung. 

- aspirin acts as a blood thinner, if I am not mistaken?

Sorry about your Dad, Trr - lost mine at 56 due to a heart attack, but he smoked like a chimney and loved fatty foods (major problem of growing up in war times - there was a lack of almost everything, so when it was available, you ate it - an absolute favourite was thinckly buttered bread with a layer of sugar on top - yes, yummy, but not exactly healthy!)

Hey Renegade - do you smoke?

8 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Sorry about your Dad, Trr - lost mine at 56 due to a heart attack, but he smoked like a chimney and loved fatty foods (major problem of growing up in war times - there was a lack of almost everything, so when it was available, you ate it - an absolute favoutie was thinckly buttered bread with a layer of sugar on top - yes, yummy, but not exactly healthy!)

We could be brothers...

My dad fought in WWII and though he came back to the USA as an officer, he smoked and dined out like it was going out of style.  He grew up in the depression, the dirty thirties as his generation always called it, and when he came back with money and position he lived it up.  WWII really gave a boost to cigarette smoking.  If you listen to any of the old time radio podcasts some of them have old cigarette commercials that announced that they were sending 4,000 packs of smokes to the military hospitals as a goodwill gesture.  Great marketing, but those guys developed an unbreakable habit.  I imagine my dad looked pretty cool sitting in that Black Widow fighter chainsmoking Raleighs, but it sucked to watch him die early.

Aspirin is a blood thinner.  It's fairly common for people to take who have had a heart attack.

Rf - Good luck. As said here, get off the sugar, the drinking i found stops after that. I now drink fizzy water at night, no alc at all, don't miss it. Qi gong at dawn also every morning, loads of fresh fruit and veg and most of all  - reset your leptin levels every morning with a humble boiled egg!

22 minutes ago, trr said:

We could be brothers...

- well, maybe brother and sister! :D

@ Renegade - glad to hear you don't smoke - I have heard that it is hard to give up! (non-smoker here!)

Just don't panick, and take one day at a time, and try to enjoy every minute of every day - we tend to forget to do so until it really is too late!

Think about the green pastures in Bavaria, and please stay away from the news.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Oh man! So sorry to hear this. I know you are frightened. Himself had a heart attack for 19 hrs. before I could force him to the hospital. That was many years ago and he is still alive and kicking and I'm still kicking his ass. Luckily, he didn't have hardly any heart damage - just 2 stents. I hope you are as lucky. Even so, the docs will get you sorted. Take your meds and take care of yourself because nobody else will.

A good friend had his first attack at 36. In his 50's now and doing well. He has stents inside of stents. His was caused by genetic high cholesterol.

My dad had his first one in his mid 50's and lived to be 87.

It is just a miracle what they can do these days to treat heart issues.

Please try to relax and go to the Kur when it is offered. You will learn a lot there.

Sending good ju ju your way.

Worked with a guy who had an heart attack at the age of 32, from working too much. He recovered, but is on pills till the end of his life. He is 40 now.

I remember that we were on a business trip in America 1 month after his heart attack and we missed a plane because he could not run!

Get well.