Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My profile score decreased from +10 to -36 overnight

24 posts in this topic

I logged in today to see my reputation go from +10 to -36 overnight.  Someone apparently had a biff with one of my posts, and then proceeded to downvote to all of my other posts.  

I'm honored that someone went through all the effort, for something that really means so little :)

1 hour ago, Uncle Nick said:

Welcome to the club of users with serial neggers!

Apparently I've joined, too! Irrespective of topic, some poor unfortunate follows me around and negs me . . . I wonder if he knows he can't get me out of supporter status any more.

Meh, you're a good guy. Bad guys don't run around scaring the piss out of miscreant auto salesmen for nothing.

Hee hee hee... I do enjoy the thought of angry trolls hunched over their computers, cursing and digging through my postings, desperately trying to drag me down in area where there are no levels... I love how they are wasting their lives while I am sipping tea, considering what to give away for free, and smiling people file in and out of my home bearing their presents. :)

I did find the ratio of positives to negatives quite interesting at the beginning, to see what the general mood of the forum was. But on the whole, I think negs are negative. They polarise.

How about:

limited to 3 negs per day: or

every neg you give, you have to "pay" with a reputation point of your own; or

the total negs you have given is shown on your profile

You would have to really want to neg someone then.

At a guess, I would guess that you hve seriously pissed somebody off!

Read through the posts you made just before this started, and you might be able to find out who is so peeved...

On the other hand, it's just a red point on an anonymous internet forum - does it really matter that much to you?

I noticed. He woofed at me first time ever.

I think it makes more sense to neg posts, but not the user, i.e. keep only positive reputation. If I see someone with +6000, then I understand that this is long term and respected user. But -1000 gives no info, it can be anything, from being an idiot to just being a bullying victim. Or this can be a smart but very emotional person.

5 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I've lost 50 or more greens this last 2 days!!

Anyone else notice that the Badoggie was back in here? ;)

- do you see any connection, Piggy? or a connection with the OP?

Actually, I hadn't noticed, but I always found he added a bit of colour to TT with his posts - not saying that I totally agreed with everything he wrote before, but everybody is entitled to an opinion...

5 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I've lost 50 or more greens this last 2 days!!

Anyone else notice that the Badoggie was back in here? ;)

´Twasn´t me! Have you been having an affair with Merkel? That might explain it!:lol: ( I deliberately avoided any sexual words because I´m sober! ).

Anyway, your greens might be in the fridge? Mine are..mind you, got rid of the broccoli today in my supper!

49 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

- do you see any connection, Piggy? or a connection with the OP?

Actually, I hadn't noticed, but I always found he added a bit of colour to TT with his posts - not saying that I totally agreed with everything he wrote before, but everybody is entitled to an opinion...

I´ve found out over the years:

Spider is a pain in the arse

Spider is obnoxious and rude

Spider can´t spell

Spider is the FIRST person who offers genuine help when someone is in need - no ifs and buts. He won´t even say hello - he just says :" do this, do that.I´m there."  He has helped me more than once when I don´t understand what my computer is doing to my nerves.

In short: Spider: ace guy...from the wrong side of the Pennines, though!:lol:...and I like him a lot!

I totally agree, John (well, actually, his online persona is all of those things!) , but I wanted to know if he saw a connection here - maybe he meant that since BD is back, the OP got so many red points?

I dunno, but I was hoping he would clarify!