Student in Mainz looking for friends

8 posts in this topic

I would like to know how to make contact with the other people for example make a friendship. Now I stay in Mainz Germany I'm student in one of university in Mainz and i would like to explore more about this city especially have a new friend, but honest since two months ago i stay in here i couldn't make any contact with the other people because honest I'm too shy for talk with people and lack of my German language. So if everybody knows especially from Mainz Germany i would like to know maybe there is some community i can join. I want to get to know more people besides doing my study :( hopefully my questions is not too much. Additional questions i would like to have a friend from any age or any country but i prefer age in range 20-30. 

Try search function- top right, to see if any international clubs in Mainz. Also, search Google for Indonesian/International students in Mainz..

There seem to be a few posted.

Another option-check notice-boards- at the university.  Why not go along to any clubs/meetings to meet other students? Many will speak some English.

Join an evening German course. You'll meet lots of people, plus you learn the language. Win win.

If I were still in Deutschland, I'd like to get to know you, but I've left, so I leave you with this song..

Hi thanks for everybody who giving some helpful advice on my topic, i would love to join in evening German course but i'm still searching it hopefully i can find in Mainz.