Tax advisors and consultants in Frankfurt

52 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

@David_K - Thanks a lot! Your recommendation really worked out great, reading your post I've decided to go for it and try out those consultants. You were absolutely right, the combination of English speaking service and professionalism is exactly what I was looking for. So I'll join you in your recommendation to retain Ms. Stamm's services (http://www.stamm-steuerberatung.de).

@SwissJazz - In my experience it might cost you starting from a few hundreds and up to thousands depending on the services you need and to what extension. Sorry that I can't be more specific since I used tax consultants in Germany just a few times. My recommendation would be to contact Ms. Stamm (the link again: www.stamm-steuerberatung.de the full contact info you can see in David's post above) and ask her about your specific case.

Good Luck ;-)

I was not that lucky hence I ended with ISAR-EV at Kaiserstrasse 40. Its my request not at all to go there even if he is last living tax consultant in Frankfurt. Pathetic services and completely unprofessional behaviour

I have been going over to this office for the past 5 years. They really helped me sort out many of our tax issues. Mainly income from widely varied sources, both American and German. They speak excellent English and are always really helpful when I stop by or call. Average amount we have paid them to take care of both our personal and business tax returns since we are self employed has been about 600 €.

http://www.steuer-gonze.de/web/index.php/ueber-uns/frankfurt-m

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread, but I had a few questions regarding tax declarations.

I'm in need of filing paperwork for years 2010 through to 2012, and would feel safer asking a certified tax advisor to help me. I've been looking over a few of the recommendations, but had some questions in the meantime:

- Do typical advisors charge a "standard" fee, or is is all calculated on your salary for the year?

- I'm quite concerned about cost, and have heard that the local Lohnsteuerhilfeverein here in Frankfurt would be the most cost effective. Is this true, and is there any disadvantage to going with them?

- My German skills are pretty poor, so I've been trying to avoid using one of the tax-declaration software packages I've seen around. However, I might brave it with the declaration for 2013. Out of curiosity, can the earlier years still be done this way, or has that opportunity expired?

Sorry for all the questions, but any pointers would be much appreciated.

Best regards.

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hi everyone, I'm looking for an English-speaking tax adviser in Frankfurt. Does anyone out there know of one? I'm only looking for tax advice/consultancy, NOT someone to do my taxes. Grateful for any tips. :-)

I am actually looking for someone who could do my taxes without ripping me off :P Suggestions are more than welcome!

We got serious sticker shock from our US accountant's estimate for doing our 2014 US taxes (joint file, rental income, US income, overseas income). Anyone have any recommendation for reasonably priced accountants experienced in doing US/international tax situation?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Does anyone know an association called Expatriation Allemagne?

They approached me for providing me with support for my tax declaration.

They ask for a fee of 70€+10% on the returned amount. Does it seem outrageous to you?

The fishiest to me is that the website I found (http://www.expatriation-allemagne.com/) seems not to have much information and the e-mail addresses from these ladies is @dvag.de. DVAG (http://www.dvag.de/dvag/) seems to be a private company so, in the end, I am not sure how this plays out.

Does anyone have experience with this entity? Thank you for the feedback!

Good evening, Xana. I don´t know if their fee is outrageous and I don´t know who they are. You don´t know either who I am. Which means: if an unknown person or entity approaches you and offers services without your prior approval: forget it. Tax stuff in Germany is complex and " heavy ". Do you want that stuff done by strangers?

Xana : I´m not a tax advisor and I´m not offering any such advice - just a warning, based on experience in life.

The link mentioned earlier in thread to the US consulate list of tax advisors was going to the wrong document, consulate has now fixed the link and updated with a new document from January 2015:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/1020130/spahncx/PUBLIC%20ACCOUNTANTS%20AND%20TAX%20ADVISORS.pdf

- this covers the whole Frankfurt consulate region (Baden-Württemberg, Hessen, NordrheinWestfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland). I can't vouch for anyone on the list, but it is now at least officially up to date.

Hey John!

Thank you for the warning! I did meet the girl meanwhile. They seem OK but I would still like to have feedback. They don't seem to be working in the shadows as they are public on Internations. It would be very interesting to obtain feedback by someone who has worked with them before.

Thank you for the warning, once again! I hope your experience what not terribly traumatising :/

If you looking for a English Speaking Tax Consultant in Frankfurt then you can contact the following firm.

Streb Steuerberatung Gmbh

Münchener Str. 48, 5th Floor

Tel: 06055930544 and Mobile: 0176-45571490

Email: m.akhtar@streb.gmbh