Tax advisors and consultants in Frankfurt

52 posts in this topic

I moved to Frankfurt a few months ago and am still trying to sort out many of the necessities of German life.

Does anyone know of a good English-speaking tax advisor in Frankfurt?

Cheers.

If you don't mind driving to Wiesbaden then Herr Schönberger is quite good.

Werner Schönberger

P+W Prüfungs- und Wirtschaftsberatungsgesellschaft mbH

Rheingaustr 167

65203 Wiesbaden

0611 928 5935

w.schoenberger@puw.de

My boyfriend is looking for an English-speaking Steuerberater in Frankfurt, ideally in the Sachsenhausen area. Wiesbaden is too far us as we have no car. Anyone have any good recommendations to share?

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I moved to Frankfurt a while ago, now looking to open my own business. I'm also looking for good Steuerberater recommendations in Frankfurt. Someone who can help me with a business plan and general start up info.

Thanks for any help.

I did my taxes on the PC at home. Filed for a €1,000 return and got 920 back!

Akademische Arbeitsgemeinschaft. Their software is quite good.

I always buy Quicksteuer and do it myself. Always been within 90% of what we get back. The software costs only 12,99 which is well under a steuerberater. It has a very good interview method to run you through it.

I have to do taxes as a freelancer as well as what I get from my employment. Makes it a bit more difficult but also expensive. Just got back from the Steuerberater today and he cost me almost 600€! Didn't save me as much as I thought he might have too - still have to pay about 1/7 of my freelance earnings out.

I always buy Quicksteuer and do it myself.

I don't suppose that there is a million to chance that there is an English language option on the software?

How easy or difficult is the tax software? Is it just a matter of punching in the numbers from your lohnsteuerkarte plus a few extas? Does it walk you through it? After this year we will have simple returns so I can't see the need to fork over a few hundred for a steuerbrater.

I came to know about an English-speaking Tax Consultant in Frankfurt who charges 200 Euros for filing your tax returns for 2006. Do you advise that I should take her services or sould I try filling up myself (may be ELSTER or so - I am unbale to guage from earlier post, how difficult or easy it is to use ELSTER). Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Originally I did it myself and if I had a question I would just pop up to the Finanzamt and ask them (I used to go daily!) By law they have to help you with any questions you have about the form but they cannot give you any advice on how to fill it out such as to what you can claim, etc. Always got money back. Remember also, you do not have to do a tax return. Once you have done one, then you have to do it every year. So that means that you might get a good wedge back the first time but then suddenly, later on, you get hit for a large sum doesn't mean you can stop.

Well it's that time of year again - any update on this topic? How are you filing your tax return? What software or which consultant to use?

Hi Guys,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a tax adviser who is up to speed with German law but also has experience with international matters.

Ideally I would like to find someone in the Frankfurt area so I can meet face to face but I guess in these days of the internet this is not really necessary.

I have looked on the net and there seem to be plenty about but it would be nice to get a recommendation.

I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks!

Topics merged by admin

Hello,

I am filing my german taxes for the first time. Does anyone know a good tax guy in Frankfurt esp for expats, who speaks english and is not very expensive.

Thanks

Topics merged by admin

Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an English-speaking tax advisor in the Frankfurt area. I'm starting an IT contract (6-12 months) in January and urgently need someone to assist me with setting myself up as a Freiberufler.

Any advice gratefully receievd.

Topics merged by admin

Hi.

I have started an online business in Frankfurt and I need to find an English speaking tax accountant. Does anyone have any referrals or recommendations? I speak very little German. Thanks.

Siobhan

Hi,

I have found this person the best. He speaks good english aswell.

Mr Aybulut

Lohnsteuerhilfeverein

Heusenstamm E. V.

Kaiserstr. 65/IV

60329 Frankfurt

Tel: 069/253001

Fax: 069/232200

hope this helps all of you.

-Maddy