Deutsche Bank Developments

205 posts in this topic

Is anyone paying attention to Deutsche Bank ?    This story has been out for a couple of weeks, but it ended up on Zero Hedge today. 

20160208_ZeeGermans.jpg.3d9cab5632fcbab5

No idea what the graph is about, but I had a little chuckle a couple of weeks ago when the news reported DB's massive losses of a few milliard or so. The first ad after the news was the usual glossy persuasion to trust your hard-earned cash with them.

It's all pretty simple. DB invested in things that aren't paying off; e.g., Postbank, commercial real estate, and China. That's fairly well as a result of promoting people who have managed to warm their chairs for longer than other people as opposed to the smartest people, as well as antiquated thinking about what constitutes a safe investment. German top management (every industry) has got to learn faster and change their thinking faster. 

Not really @AlexTr. Qe artificially inflated banks stock price. What we are seeing is the qe bubble bursting.  It really has nothing to do with the things you are stating.

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2016‎ ‎08‎:‎16‎:‎17, Feierabend said:

No idea what the graph is about, but I had a little chuckle a couple of weeks ago when the news reported DB's massive losses of a few milliard or so. The first ad after the news was the usual glossy persuasion to trust your hard-earned cash with them.

Yup, I have a few quids-worth of DB and I am not impressed.  Then again, I bought RBS after the bail-out because I thought they'd recover.  More the frigging fool me.

CDS are credit default swaps.  These are derivative instruments investors purchase to hedge them against a "credit event" of the issuer of your shares.  Its basically an insurance policy.   So when they go up, this means that the issuer is deemed to be riskier.

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Not really @AlexTr. Qe artificially inflated banks stock price. What we are seeing is the qe bubble bursting.  It really has nothing to do with the things you are stating.

ForbesWSJ, and NASDAQ News seem to have the idea that the source of the inflation was a lack of oversight for the poor performing investments. Forbes further discussed (this is old news after all) the flattening of the corporate structure. I will be happy to read your sources that talk about the "bubble" other than any source that cites Deutsche Bank's own man as the font of this information.

Qe is a better measure of what is happening at the moment with VW stock even now with the potential on the losses a result of widespread corporate malfeasance. VW's previous "high" was around 120 for stock; anything from $160-240 was just not realistic. As for Deutschebank, it's just not a good cause.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

ForbesWSJ, and NASDAQ News seem to have the idea that the source of the inflation was a lack of oversight for the poor performing investments. Forbes further discussed (this is old news after all) the flattening of the corporate structure. I will be happy to read your sources that talk about the "bubble" other than any source that cites Deutsche Bank's own man as the font of this information.

Qe is a better measure of what is happening at the moment with VW stock even now with the potential on the losses a result of widespread corporate malfeasance. VW's previous "high" was around 120 for stock; anything from $160-240 was just not realistic. As for Deutschebank, it's just not a good cause.

Deutsche Bank was not the only bank to have its share price pummelled and was actually not the worst. Unicredit was worst hit than db. If it was only deutsche bank hit then your rambling might make sense. 

VW stock has more to do with the emission scandal than qe. I am actually amazed you brought qe into the vw emission scandal.

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2016‎ ‎08‎:‎16‎:‎17, Feierabend said:

That's still safe thru government guarantee, btw.

34 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Deutsche Bank was not the only bank to have its share price pummelled and was actually not the worst. Unicredit was worst hit than db. If it was only deutsche bank hit then your rambling might make sense. 

VW stock has more to do with the emission scandal than qe. I am actually amazed you brought qe into the vw emission scandal.

I am amazed you didn't read even one of my citations...especially the ones that validate my point on QE and VW stock price or provide any support at all for your position. But okay. You have your feeling. Can't argue that.

Just now, AlexTr said:

J

I am amazed you didn't read even ine of my citations...especially the ones that validates my point on QE and VW stock price.

Qe has very little to do with vw.

1 minute ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Qe has very little to do with vw.

Okay. I can't argue against no facts and I accept that I won't change your feelings.

3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Put a time line on vw share price. You will see when the share price dived.

I linked you the ten year stock price monthly above. VW benefited from QE. The current down adjustment is nearly approaching reality. You can look at it all. I am happy to read any analytical evidence you have to the contrary.

What you said was qe is a better measure of what is happening at the moment with vw stock.

That statement is not true.

Just now, RenegadeFurther said:

It is not an opinion but fact.

You are entitled to think that way.

On 9.2.2016, 08:16:17, Feierabend said:

No idea what the graph is about, 

Google says Alpha bank is Greek (?) so I assume it is suggesting Deutsche Bank is heading toward Greek levels of viability