English-language helpline for Deutsche Telekom

28 posts in this topic

I also have had same problems with T-Com customer service helpline! As I aware that T-Com charge per minute and keep kicking me to almost 3 persons but was hopeless, I had spend 15mins to hold the line and to wait, lucky that my German is a little bit better. So If you can not get help from them as most of the time this customer service so helpless!

After all I have learn that sending them E-mail , complain and so on as it might work.

But the best way that I have found...is to go to them T-com shop by yourself!!! People there at lease one of them should be able to help you!

T-com really should know this problems,especially customer service...I just can not believe that they can not understand and dont even try to support customer at all sometime!!!

T-com really should know this problems,especially customer service...I just can not believe that they can not understand and dont even try to support customer at all sometime!!!

Telekom have been working for years to improve their customer image and to be honest are the best of a bad lot. Only Alice fare better in survey - most other Telco providers are worse by a large margin, and charge you for their time (Telekom helplines are all free). As an ex-monopoly, still not used to competition, their arrogance still shines through, but believe me, they know about it and are working hard, if sometimes in a misguided manner to improve it.

People working at the call centre may refuse to speak English, as misunderstanding your English would result in their bad performance. It's advisable not to complain and be patient enough, if you want to speak English to them. Anyway, they are not required to speak English. It's a low paid job.

I see that many years have passed since this thread was last updated, though it's still easy to be found if someone searches for English Telekom support, like I did. After a number of miserable attempts with the regular (i.e. German) customer support, I've managed to get a free number for English language Telekom helpline from a 3rd party company, so I thought I share it, in case someone else would come across this forum looking for it. So the number is:

0800 330 1080

I have tested it and had a very pleasant experience, so best of luck to everyone else.

HI Iballa,

I have now been on hold for 17 minutes with no idea if anyone will ever answer :) I just call the main office in Bonn 0228 1810 and tell them I need english help. I usually get connected quickly.

I don't recommend signing with Deutsche Telekom. I speak German, and have found it very difficult every time I have tried to call their customer service line. (It frequently just drops out). I tried the English language line as another way through and they had a recorded message saying no operators were available and I should call back later. It then hung up.

I have never had problem with DT i have been with them for yr i would never call, as i know what it like to keep hanging on...grrrr i only email and they respond in English telekom@email-telekom.de

Why speak when you can get your Q&A in writting :D

Good luck