Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Easybell a good ISP? Need 6-month contract

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, hope all is well. I am moving into a new place in Berlin, and would like to have an internet without a minimum contract period. Easybell seems like my best option at the moment, since my apartment contract is for 6 months. A German friend advised me against using companies that rent their dsl services from Telecom, but seeing how Telecom doesn't offer a 6 month contract, I have no other option. So, my question is, does anyone use Easybell as an isp, and could inform me if it is reliable or not, and would kindly share any other info I should be aware of. Thanks a million for taking the time to read my post. Cheers

Hi andy3264.

I've been with Easybell for a while now and have never had any problems with their connection. Just a few weeks ago I was able to exchange my old FritzBox for a new one at no extra charge, so I'm more than pleased with their service!  However, I have no idea whether the support staff is able to assist in English - if you don't speak German you may have a problem.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, mgr said:

Hi andy3264.

I've been with Easybell for a while now and have never had any problems with their connection. Just a few weeks ago I was able to exchange my old FritzBox for a new one at no extra charge, so I'm more than pleased with their service!  However, I have no idea whether the support staff is able to assist in English - if you don't speak German you may have a problem.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks mgr, just tried contacting them in English on their Facebook page, but didn't get a reply. Will ask a German friend to help me. Also, could you kindly please tell me what documents would I need for the service to be introduced into my apartment. Do I need the contract only, or an updated anmeldung as well. Cheers. 

Hi again,

Sorry, I don't quite understand the question. I used to be with Kabel Deutschland and their cancellation period was a whole year! Once I had given notice I asked Easybell to provide the service and they did - I didn't have to produce any paperwork as far as I recall.

The connection already available, however, an engineer of some sort came to the flat and checked that everything was fine. Easybell then sent me a pre-programmed FritzBox and that was it!

I'm really not very clued up about the way these things work so I just hope someone with more nous will chip in.

Sorry about that and all the best ....