Breaking into Zalando (Metaphorically)

29 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experiences working with Zalando? I have tired many times to get an interview with them using their website and I get nothing but rejection letters, I’m guessing from a computer looking for key words etc. It was like this with Whole Foods in New York. After six months of emails I just walked it and demanded to speak to a manager. The next week I was turning the Floral Department around and smashing sales targets (along with making the most beautiful bouquets).

Come on Zalando, give me twenty minutes and I´ll blow your Ted Baker socks off! Plus I come with my own tea.

Please let us not completely trust our computer Overlords! We´ve all seen The Matrix...

I know you're facing unemployment, but you don't want to work at a Samwer Brother company. Trust me.

Are they really as bad as people make out?

Whole Foods was always getting smashed on Glassdoor.com but I quite liked it...

From what I've heard, they're worse.

I also interviewed to do some contract work for them a while back - they wanted to pay about a quarter of the going rate, so I passed.

The only people who ever make money at Samwer companies are the Samwers.

Hey Shtuppy, what's your education background? And what's your experience like? And what's the kind of job you are looking for? Let me see if I can help you out somehow. :)

Have you thought of doing some Zeitarbeit? working for a placement agency wherever they need staff?

It might just help you to get a foot in the door of a company that is of interest to you and wehre your skills will be put to good use.

Forget Zalando - they are 100% worse than Aldi!!!

Yeah, forget about Zalando. I had an appointment with them a few years ago (I was a tech at one of their partner companies) and when we arrived there were about two dozen people waiting outside trying to convince the receptionist to be let in so they could talk to someone in HR. No chance.

They're a bit weird too. The building is heavily secured, with fences, guards, etc. They make it very clear they don't like uninvited visitors.

Also, january is a bad time to be job hunting. Too many people trying to fulfill their new years resolutions of finding a better job :-)

Older topic but figured I'd add my two cents. I used to teach English, and Zalando was one of our clients. The employees in my classes all seemed happy but were constantly mentioning how overworked and underpaid they were. Several had regretted leaving previous jobs to work for Zalando due to the pay cut and lack of fulfilling work they were either promised or just plain anticipated.

22 hours ago, RickD. said:

The employees in my classes all seemed happy but were constantly mentioning how overworked and underpaid they were.

And I have milk with Nesquik every morning. :D

1 hour ago, Erdmann said:

And I have milk with Nesquik every morning. :D

Funny, I became addicted to the free Coca Cola they had there, too :)

8 minutes ago, RickD. said:

Funny, I became addicted to the free Coca Cola they had there, too :)

Urk...no free healthy saft? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Erdmann said:

Urk...no free healthy saft? :wacko:

They had that, too, but I was weak!

1 minute ago, RickD. said:

They had that, too, but I was weak!

You gave yourself to the "dark side" of the force... :lol:

39 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

You gave yourself to the "dark side" of the force... :lol:

Please let me make such comments on TT only, otherwise it's getting out of hand ;).

24 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Please let me make such comments on TT only, otherwise it's getting out of hand ;).

Just couldn't let go of the weakness and dark cola connection. :lol: