Can´t change the location in my profile

17 posts in this topic

I moved to another country and therefore need to change the location given in my profile. However,

I can´t change it. Is that because the beer I just had was already 1 too many for me or is there a Toytown glitch?

Hmm, which country has stronger beer than Germany? 

Anyway, you drunken bum!

Follow these 4 easy steps!

Step 1.   Go to your profile and click edit profile.

56a50c206a4f3_Step1.JPG.ee49fa324d1bb9e4

Step 2.  Change the location. 

56a50c510ae88_Step2.JPG.4358fa8bbb739438

Step 3. Now this is very important. Click save. 

56a50c7a53ff6_Step3.JPG.4de0d2863d5609ca

Step 4.  Have another beer. 

:D

Well, I tried that, but my new country of residence (Cyprus) isn´t on the list. There is only Croatia and then Czech Republic following next. Cyprus should be in between, shouldn´t it?

What's the capital of Cyprus?  

Is it Reykjavik, isn't it?

That's on the list.

Just use that. 

14 minutes ago, jeba said:

Well, I tried that, but my new country of residence (Cyprus) isn´t on the list. There is only Croatia and then Czech Republic following next. Cyprus should be in between, shouldn´t it?

Isn't it part of Britain or else Russia?

Well, there are 3 British exclaves and a lot of Russians as well. But it´s still a sovereign country.

2 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

That's on the list.

Just use that. 

- when I was in school, Reykjavik was the capital of Iceland... just sayin'!

When I was at school, we didn´t have geography classes! My teacher was from Somerset and that was all he talked about! Stalagmites here, Stalagtites there, Cheddar Gorge, Wells, Bath.:lol:

( When I had grown up and travelled the world, I went back to the school and he was still here and he remembered me vaguely. I offered to come back and show slides of the Andes and the Amazon etc  and he agreed. I returned and all the kids stood up for me when I walked in!:D ). They didn´t say " cool " in those days, though!!! ).

4 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

Geography appears not to be your strong point!

6 hours ago, jeba said:

Well, there are 3 British exclaves and a lot of Russians as well. But it´s still a sovereign country.

Cyprus island actually hosts two countries, the second one is not recognized as a country but I guess you're on the "official" Greek part.

But whatever, I don't understand why there is a need for location be a list, not just text input field?

PS How can people survive without snow in winter? Not that I like cold (I don't), but moving somewhere where it doesn't snow is suicidal. Many people do, however. Why?

13 hours ago, robinson100 said:

- when I was in school, Reykjavik was the capital of Iceland... just sayin'!

11 hours ago, Uncle Nick said:

Geography appears not to be your strong point!

My excuse?  I'm American. :lol:

18 hours ago, yourkeau said:

PS How can people survive without snow in winter? Not that I like cold (I don't), but moving somewhere where it doesn't snow is suicidal. Many people do, however. Why?

There is snow in Cyprus. In the Troodos region there is a temperatue of -9 degree forecast for tomorrow. But be assured I´ll stay away from there.

10 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

My excuse?  I'm American. :lol:

And I thought you were joking. But now I remember when a friend of mine was asked by a barkeeper in New Orleans where he was from. When he said he was from Germany the guy was puzzled because he thought Germany was a US state he hadn´t heard about yet.

6 minutes ago, jeba said:

There is snow in Cyprus. In the Troodos region there is a temperatue of -9 degree forecast for tomorrow. But be assured I´ll stay away from there.

What are you doing in Cyprus,jeba? I´m on Crete! Hellonophiles unite! ( Yes, there´s a difference but anyway!).

Snow in the mountains above the bus stop today! ( Quite a way above the bus stop but visible).:lol:

Bloody freezing an hour ago when I went out with the dogs.

There are several reasons why I moved to Cyprus. That they don´t have a minimum wage is one of them as I am scouting for a place where my 85-year old mom could afford private care rather than having to go to an old age home (she couldn´t afford that in Germany).

But talking about Hellenophiles: there seem to be more of them here in Cyprus than Cyprophiles - at least judguing the number of Greek flags people are putting up in their front gardens. You´ll see öots of them but hardly a Cypriot flag. Seems a bit weird to me. Like as if e. g. the French would plant British flags in their gardens.