2016 Travels - Who's going where?

63 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Will you be shooting the sheep? What is the limit?

:D

No shooting except pix...stroking, bottle-feeding etc.

I was in Denmark over Easter break to see the spectacular phenomenon of Black Sun (something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfoeFzCWrDE ) Stayed in Ribe and traveled to Odense, Aarhus and Mando. Very arty, and lots of nature!

Was in Netherlands the last long weekend to see the tulips, museums, canals, music concerts, beaches, strandbeests (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azy-c6QXUCw oh yes!) and much more!

I would definitely recommend both the trips (in the right seasons).

Planning to go to Salzburg in October.

Were in Netherlands over the long weekend, husband is sailing with our older girl (5 year old) and I stayed in a hotel in IJselmeer area with our younger. 

Will go to Austria and then on a camping trip to Norway for the summer. Don't think we'll catch a glimpse of the auroras though!

I had to take a quick trip to England at the end of April. Sadly it was for my Aunt's funeral, but the silver lining was that my Mum had flown over from Australia, so I got to spend a day with her in the process.

I came back from a few days in Crete with the BF on Monday. That was lovely! A bit rainy the last 2 days, but warmer than here still, and it was great to experience the ocean again- sound of the waves, smell of the sea air, wet sand under my feet, wading through the water...

I have to fly back to Australia in 3 weeks for my little sisters wedding. It's all quite unexpected. I originally had until next August to save for the fares, but circumstances changed. The airfares are about to completely wipe me out, which means drastically downgrading my plans for my 30th birthday at the end of October, probably down from hiring a space and having food, drinks, music, and a jumping castle to a couple of beers with mates at the inlaws house.

My older sister visits for my birthday at the end of October and stays for a month as well. We had originally planned to use the first 2 weeks of her visit to do a little trip to London and the south of England, and then do a couple of days in Iceland. She has never been to Europe and the history and family ties in England have her very keen to go, and she has some fascination with Iceland as well. I'm not sure if those plans are still going to go ahead either though, due to the situation above...

Well, I've had to cancel my trip to the Pacific NW and a few other things due to a costly car repair. Will still go down to the boat next week for a few months and go to Tuscany in October. No complaints here.

1 minute ago, StephanieGodfrey said:

i think i'll go Myanmar. Has anyone heard of it?

Of course. It's a reasonably famous country formerly known as Burma. I visited a few years ago. A highlight was Bagan. Thousands of temples all in the one area. You can get a hot air balloon over them which looks like a cool thing to do.

My brother has finalized his trip, so now I get to plan.

Looking at 4 days in Munich for Oktoberfest (yes, yes I know, but he was really jealous of my pictures from the TT tables last year) and then we fly to Iceland for a 15 day/14 night self drive tour.  Hoping it'll be late enough and lucky enough for some northern light action! 

Off down to Spain on the motorbike to watch the moto gp 4200 km there and back plus what we do when we are there,bum hurts just thinking about it :)

New York in November. It's always been a dream of mine and this year the opportunity presented itself and I grabbed it - so excited!

I've spent only a relatively few hours in New York, but I loved it.  NB:  Make sure you see what's important to you.  Both of my younger sons missed the World Trade Center on their visits in the late 90s.  "Don't worry," I said, "It's not going anywhere."

Thanks katheliz, I know already what I want to see, it's not a long list. I really just want to experience a little of NY, to see the lights and smell the smells. It's difficult to explain why,  but I know I'm going to love it.

Came back from Brussels 2 weeks ago. Doing a family trip to New York and Jamaica for family to see grandkids, everyone getting old and dying off. I am planning a river cruise in Europe for the Fall and my friend and I to Iceland. She recently came back from a conference there and said she didn't get enough time to see much.   Iceland is a hot ticket item here in Canada.  

Had some friends coming to visit but in Berlin, so in two weeks I will go make a 3 day weekend of it.  Haven't been yet so why not?

Have a week off at the end of the month and while money doesn't let me do a big trip right now, I would like to do to a one- or two-night stay somewhere nearby that's easily accessible with Deutsche Bahn. I'm looking at Strasbourg, since it's only 2.5 hours away. Anyone been and know if it's worth a short trip?

I was going to suggest a trip to the UK, but the pound seems to be recovering at the moment. ;)