2016 Travels - Who's going where?

63 posts in this topic

I've decided this week to add a whirlwind tour of Florence, Cinque Terre, a couple of wineries and Pisa on my way to Rome to meet my friend. 

On 18.2.2016, 18:43:09, MikeMelga said:

Been already in Rome, will be in Portugal 4x during the year, can't be very creative with travelling as I have a small child.

"creative" is what you do - not where you go!

Make the most of things, and enjoy spending time with the little one!

Have a great trip, babe!

I´m thinking of popping up the hill to the mini-market to buy some milk tomorrow. But I haven´t thought it through yet!

Ah, so true, bobby! Live where other people go on holiday to! Took a long time to realise the dream! I´m happy.

11 hours ago, robinson100 said:

"creative" is what you do - not where you go!

Make the most of things, and enjoy spending time with the little one!

Creative in my case would be to take a sailboat and sail away form a few weeks... so it is actually where I go :)

Currently considering a trip to Crete; I hear there may be some opportunity for couch surfing :D

Hoping to get to Russia this summer for a week or so, if I can swing a visa.

Over Easter I get to go to Stuttgart. Looking forward to visiting relatives there, since I haven't seen them for 3 or 4 years and they are not getting younger. Also looking forward to taking the train there, as I love to ride trains.

A word of caution, just returned from 4 weeks in IndoChina, the last few days were spoilt by the news that our house in Germany had been broken into. Fortunately not too much taken but quiet a bit of damage to a door and external lights burglaries in our sleepy village have been historically few and far between however this year we are up to eight - so be careful with what you leave and how you advertise your absence 

ps our neighbours were really helpful sorting things out until we returned 

I´m probably going nowhere but delighted that my daughter Skyped today that she´d had a great time in New York (and a daytrip to Washington D.C) and had just come back without jetlag  ( the advantage of youth!??). She promised to send pics straight away a couple of hours ago..still waiting...the kids of today!:lol:

On ‎18‎.‎02‎.‎2016‎ ‎18‎:‎01‎:‎57, RickMunich said:

So far, two weeks planned in Cuba in April.  Looking forward to it!  Need to go there before it turns into Cancun...

Well, as our dog just had surgery for a torn ligament, and I am scheduled for wrist surgery on 01 April (no joke), we had to cancel our Cuba trip.  Extremely disappointed.:angry:

Mostly booked and paid for...

"Sheep Safari Part 2" (Sheep Safari Part 1 was to north Wales last year)..

Fly to Glasgow, take train/replacement bus/train (due to landslip at Armathwaite on the scenic Settlle & Carlisle Railway) to Skipton (Yorkshire). 4 days in Skipton exploring the Yorkshire Dales, thence to Whitby (north York Moors) for another 4 days and from there via Darlington to Edinburgh - 3 days there then back to Berlin.

Other plans are Lwów/Lviv (Ukraine) where my [Polish] g/f's mother lived before she was expelled by the great Stalin - perhaps in September - maybe also to Brugge/Bruges in Belgium to spend time with Belgian friends.