2016 Travels - Who's going where?

63 posts in this topic

Anyone else planning any travels for 2016, domestic or international, yet?  Any "must visit" locations/events/etc. for 2016?

I'm currently planning a long weekend trip to Dublin and a week in Rome with two days in Milan on the way back.  In the fall, I am planning a trip with my brother around Germany and other locations (to be determined right now).

Anyone change travel plans due to current situations?

So far, two weeks planned in Cuba in April.  Looking forward to it!  Need to go there before it turns into Cancun...

I might become an enonomic migrant in Germany. My passport has run out and I´m still waiting for a replacement. Wonder if I can stop paying German tax if I end up there without a passport? I´d LOVE that...:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, as a British citizen, you're not eligible, John.

Just turn up bare-handed at the Austrian border and be prepared to answer some really probing questions (such as "what is the capital of Syria?") and you might be in with a chance, though!

9 minutes ago, Perfect Poise said:

Unfortunately, as a British citizen, you're not eligible, John.

Just turn up bare-handed at the Austrian border and be prepared to answer some really probing questions (such as "what is the capital of Syria?") and you might be in with a chance, though!

I´ve got no ID at all at the moment, Perfect! I can take my pick:lol:..and sing Led´s Immigrant Song at the Austrian border! ( Listening right now!!)

I'm going to the Pacific Northwest - Vancouver, Seattle and surrounds - in Aug. Like HEM, a similar trip that I took in 2014 and enjoyed immensely. Will be staying with friends.

Trying to plan trip on the UNESCO rails in Switzerland - Glacier Bahn, etc. Maybe Aprilish.

Will be spending 2 or 3 months on the boat in the Adriatic as well.

I might go the nearest post office to post a letter or two later in the year. They don´t do post offices in our village...:(

I might even go to the mini-market 100 metres up the hill  next month rather than to the one 50 metres up the hill. They have fresh milk and are even open sometimes...:lol:

I might even talk to nobody left and right of our place. Abandoned ruins! I could collect rent from rats and mice. I would invent a new German-style Verein: the Rodent Club.

Or I might get adventurous and walk through Europe to  Africa and then on to South America. Well, you could in the old days, you know. Before holidays were invented...Dinosaurs were the customs officials and mosquitoes the couriers and forerunners of RyanAir.

Well, maybe a bit boring for some of you, but we will be going to Lake Garda and to the Adriatic coast this summer.

I am also planning a trip to the Black Forest for a long weekend with my boyfriend, to visit the Waldgipfelpfad - he is a carpenter, and fascinated by the construction of such things...

On 18.2.2016, 18:05:48, HEM said:

USA, end September / early October.  Probably West coast - a variant on what we did in 2014.

Flights booked, flying into Seattle on the 1st October & depart San Francisco on the 18th. 

Staying the first couple of nights with our friends in Bellevue.

Gives us a few more days in the US than we had in 2014 - we will vary the route from last time and play much "by ear".

Hopefully we won't need 1.5 years to have the "overview" video of the trip completed...

My wife is off visiting family for the last week in June and the first week in July, so I'm off touring Wales on my motorbike. (weather permitting)

Then in September we are booked on a 7 day cruise around the Norwegian fjords. Will be looking out for the blue parrots. Can't wait.