Modafinil w/o prescription?

28 posts in this topic

First of all I am not just looking for a study drug or what ever many people use this for, I suffer from ADHD since childhood and it makes my life very hard, but unfortunately the treatment options in Germany are limited to methylphenidat which doesn't agree very well with me.

I have read over and over, by people in Germany and other countries that you just have to order it online (from legitimate pharmaceutical companies of course). But what is the actual status of this medication? And what could happen if I ordered it online? Could it just be taken away, or could I be in any trouble for it?

It sounds to me like it is not considered an illegal drug, but the prescriptions are more to control who sells it, more like antibiotics. But does anyone know anything about this? And how I could get it, as it would really make a huge difference in my life.

* Here is a reference from one of the many websites selling Modafinil which claims it is completely legal:

http://www.modafinilnow.net/faq/

German customs confiscates medicines with surprising efficiency: not much escapes their watchful eye. I know of people that have even had aspirin confiscated. OTC medications just get confiscated, prescription medications such as the one you are trying to procure could bring you a bit of hassle. A friend of mine got a rap from customs some years ago after they intercepted prescription meds addressed to him. There were no consequences, I suppose because it was the first and only time, and it would've been difficult for them to prove that he had actually ordered them and even if they had the offense is simply an "Ordnungswidrigkeit" (similar to what Americans call a "misdemeanor").

Modafinil is available as a prescription drug in Germany. You can check prices here https://www.medizinfuchs.de. You just need to find a doctor willing to prescribe it to you.

The websites claim that modafinil is legal in India, which might be true. In Germany it isn't legal to buy without a prescription.

5 hours ago, Smaug said:

German customs confiscates medicines with surprising efficiency: not much escapes their watchful eye. I know of people that have even had aspirin confiscated.

Oh yeah tell me about it... They wouldn't let me to take my tumuric powder I ordered until I proved what it was and opened it in front of them... :/ I think I've been to the zollampt around 10 times in 2015 for different things...

If I was ordering within the EU though does it still go through customs?

Also, if it does get stopped but I had a prescription for it, can I show my prescription at the zollampt and collect it?

Defintiely best to go and see a Doc here in Germany and pick up a prescription - no hassle from Customs, and you are sure to get what you need.

If you are concerned about being prescribed something else by a German Doc, why not get a referral from your British Doc, stating that you have taken this medication for a thousand years, and it is the only thing that helps you?

Unfortunately in Germany insurance doesn't cover Modafinil for ADHD which is probably the main reason the doc didn't already prescribe it as at a pharmacy here it would cost something ridiculous :( Fortunately there are ways to buy directly from the Indian pharmacies that supply the German ones for a much less ridiculous (although still quite expensive) price. Anyway I won't go into any rant about capitalism, and instead hope I will find a solution soon.

I am prescribed Modafinil here in Germany. Heard it was very difficult to get. I have sleeping problems though, went to my doctor to explain that and walked out with a prescription 5 minutes later.

It's totally overrated, though. Worked fine for about 2 weeks then you just get accustomed to it and you're back to being tired. Waste of time.

12 hours ago, Slothy said:

Unfortunately in Germany insurance doesn't cover Modafinil for ADHD which is probably the main reason the doc didn't already prescribe it as at a pharmacy here it would cost something ridiculous :( Fortunately there are ways to buy directly from the Indian pharmacies that supply the German ones for a much less ridiculous (although still quite expensive) price. Anyway I won't go into any rant about capitalism, and instead hope I will find a solution soon.

The doctor here hasn't prescribed it because this is an off-label use for Modafinil. Your best bet is not to try to import this illegally. Go home where you can have treatment for your chronic illness in the manner in which you prefer. It is the unfortunate truth that chronic illness hinders your ability to move about as you please. If going home will cost you too much money, then the €245/100 pills of Modafinil is cost effective for you.

As Alex says- Modafinil is not listed as use for ADHD, which is probably why insurance does not cover.  There are other drugs for this condition. Be careful of ordering drugs from India, other places may not be genuine.

Actually, if you have ADHD then go to a doctor first and foremost. Tell them what you've written here and they'll find a solution for you.

Thanks for all the replies guys, well at least for the friendly ones. As I already said I am already planning to get a prescription from my doctor before ordering them, and hope that my doctor will be more than happy to once I tell him that I am ok to pay for it outside of insurance. And will of course be extremely careful who I order from :)

7 minutes ago, Slothy said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, well at least for the friendly ones.

Which replies weren't friendly? :huh:

2 hours ago, Slothy said:

Thanks for all the replies guys, well at least for the friendly ones. As I already said I am already planning to get a prescription from my doctor before ordering them, and hope that my doctor will be more than happy to once I tell him that I am ok to pay for it outside of insurance. And will of course be extremely careful who I order from :)

Well, then, since you won't see reason, please pay attention to the fact that the link you posted for drugs from India says specifically it cannot ship to Germany.

On 13 January 2016 at 17:01:54, Slothy said:

What does your doctor say about what you should be prescribed? Why have you decided what drugs you want to take before speaking to a doctor?

You're not going to get prescribed it here in Germany for what you want it for, full stop.

This issue comes up in other countries- I have seen patients arrive in clinic, requesting a specific drug. This may not be used in the country for the  illness, and may not be suitable.  So, discuss with your doctor. There are other meds to be used.

On 19/01/2016 15:53:17, Simmie said:

What does your doctor say about what you should be prescribed? Why have you decided what drugs you want to take before speaking to a doctor?

You're not going to get prescribed it here in Germany for what you want it for, full stop.

@simmie

You can't be sure of that. Patients go to their doctors asking for med X, Y or Z all the time, not so much in Europe as for example in the States--were direct advertising of prescription medications to the public is allowed--but it does happen here. Whether the patient gets what she is asking for is the doctor's prerogative, but the patient is free to take the initiative in suggesting a treatment and asking the doctor what she thinks about it.

If I were the OP I'd arrange a consultation, tell them doctor about my problem, tell her that this particular drug helped me in the past and ask her if she thinks that medication is right for me.

I came here to see if you can get Modafinil without a prescription, but it seems like here in Germany it's kinda difficult...

Heard that SkyPax mail forwarding is an option to "get around". Did some research and I'm kind of an artist myself. I want to use it for other reasons than it's intended. I don't mean to get hooked on it, but if it's as non-addictive and life-changing as this guy describes it:  https://medium.com/@carlsachs/modafinil-a-creative-persons-story-don-t-buy-modafinil-online-before-reading-this-f54ab7babbc0, I'd give it a try for a few weeks or so.

I have so much that I want to do and so little time that I want to take advantage of every single minute...

On 1/4/2020, 1:45:16, Mark Matrafox said:

I came here to see if you can get Modafinil without a prescription, but it seems like here in Germany it's kinda difficult...

Heard that SkyPax mail forwarding is an option to "get around". Did some research and I'm kind of an artist myself. I want to use it for other reasons than it's intended. I don't mean to get hooked on it, but if it's as non-addictive and life-changing as this guy describes it:  https://smartnootropics.co.uk/dont-buy-modafinil-online-before-reading-this-awesome-story/, I'd give it a try for a few weeks or so.

I have so much that I want to do and so little time that I want to take advantage of every single minute...

On 1/12/2016, 9:15:24, Smaug said:

German customs confiscates medicines with surprising efficiency: not much escapes their watchful eye. I know of people that have even had aspirin confiscated. OTC medications just get confiscated, prescription medications such as the one you are trying to procure could bring you a bit of hassle. A friend of mine got a rap from customs some years ago after they intercepted prescription meds addressed to him. There were no consequences, I suppose because it was the first and only time, and it would've been difficult for them to prove that he had actually ordered them and even if they had the offense is simply an "Ordnungswidrigkeit" (similar to what Americans call a "misdemeanor").

Modafinil is available as a prescription drug in Germany. You can check prices here https://www.medizinfuchs.de. You just need to find a doctor willing to prescribe it to you.

The websites claim that modafinil is legal in India, which might be true. In Germany it isn't legal to buy without a prescription.

I got 2 times 300 euro penalty for ordering vitamins over amazon.de . They threatened me with prison second time and the police came knocking at my door leading to the apartment owner to kick me out of the apartment (he thought i am some kind of drug dealer) ... German customs are beyond saving

I ordered this:

https://www.lifeextension.com/vitamins-supplements/item02354/life-extension-mix-capsules