Fiction/Novel Writing Meetup

22 posts in this topic

book.jpg.ac64b65995c861258da17dce2b04c59

Hello all,

Are any English-speaking writers interested in a weekly meetup?  It could eventually be a forum to discuss fiction writing, e.g. honing the craft of novel writing through character development, plot, style, structure, via sharing our work, exchanging critiques, and possibly exercises and/or simultaneous write time.  

I am a PhD student from the US and I write fiction in my spare time.  Both pursuits are rather solitary, and I think a dynamic, friendly exchange would be mutually beneficial for myself and others who have a passion for writing fiction and who may be in the midst of the novel-writing process.

Let me know. :)

Taylor (female, age 25), Neuhausen

Hi there,

That's a great idea, I'd be interested in that. I am rather new to the writing game, and have been dabbing into  short film script writing, and fanfiction (I know, not the most flattering of writing options).

Hi Ivy,

Glad you are interested.  Short-form writing like scripts and novellas are great, and I have read some pretty good fanfic!  There is a huge audience for it.

Hopefully a few more people respond and we can set up a meeting at a cafe or somewhere. :)

Taylor

I would be down to meet. I'm also an American writer here in Munich.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't register that this was posted a year ago. Did anything ever come of this?

Hey, never managed a meet up (I believe the monthly group mentioned above has not been active in a year).  

I am always up for meeting other writers though, and maybe we can still try to get a group going? I have one other Munich-writer-friend. :)

Taylor

Cool, thanks for replying. I'll send you a message.

If anybody else is interested, feel free to message me directly. I'm always happy to discuss writing, edit work, etc. Maybe we can get something going.

Hi.  I'm also living in Neuhausen and would enjoy to meet and share short fiction works.  I have written a couple, and although I lean towards historical fiction, I dig most stuff.

Hi JoeJosefJoey.  I occassionally write stuff but too scared to show it to anyone yet!  U mind if I send you a draft of something i've been working on tol?  Im hook atappy to return the favor.

Hi all, so JoeJosefJoey and I had a chat and we're keen to meet up with some others and talk about writing (the good stuff, the bad stuff, craft, the nitty-gritty of it).

Submit a comment if you're interested.

Possible dates:

Wednesday 29.3

Thursday 30.3

Friday 31.3

Possible times: 4, 5, or 6pm 

I will go ahead and also post in the other thread :)

Cheers,

Taylor

Hello Taylor, what a great idea! I would like to join. Best regards. 

Hi,

As an extreme self doubting writer in a world where no one really understands the kind of mental battle writers go through. I think its good and healthy idea to meet like minded writers. ---To kind of share the motivation and push each other.

@tariley I am also free on these days for the meeting :D  

Hi all, 

I suggest we plan on meeting Thursday the 30th at 6pm, unless anyone suggests a different day/time.

Locations?

I would suggest the following options (open to others as well):

1.  Coffee Fellows at Hauptbanhof (the one seen from the front of the station)

2.  Vapiano at Hackerbrücke 

3.  Alex at Rotkreuzplatz

Looking forward :)

Taylor

Hey Taylor, thanks for moving this forward. I think Vapiano would be good, since there's lots of space and it's centrally located.

Ok, let's plan on Vapiano at Hackerbrücke, this Thursday the 30th at 6pm.  

Please state if you're in and I will reserve a table accordingly. :)

Taylor

Greetings all! 

I was one of the members who met in 2015-2016 before the group went dormant/ was engulfed into another group. Unfortunately, I've lost contact with the others. It's great that you are active again, and I'd definitely like to join the next gathering. Currently, I'm working on a children's faerytale and committed to Camp Nanowrimo, if you're familiar with the challenge. Otherwise, I'm working on a novel and always down for short writing sprints. Hope to meet you all soon, 

Maria

https://campnanowrimo.org

Hey everyone,

Is this group still going? I have just arrived in Munich for a new job and I also write fiction/short stories whenever possible. It would be great to meet other word-obsessives! What's the latest???!

John