Fiction/Novel Writing Meetup

8 posts in this topic

book.jpg.ac64b65995c861258da17dce2b04c59

Hello all,

Are any English-speaking writers interested in a weekly meetup?  It could eventually be a forum to discuss fiction writing, e.g. honing the craft of novel writing through character development, plot, style, structure, via sharing our work, exchanging critiques, and possibly exercises and/or simultaneous write time.  

I am a PhD student from the US and I write fiction in my spare time.  Both pursuits are rather solitary, and I think a dynamic, friendly exchange would be mutually beneficial for myself and others who have a passion for writing fiction and who may be in the midst of the novel-writing process.

Let me know. :)

Taylor (female, age 25), Neuhausen

Hi there,

That's a great idea, I'd be interested in that. I am rather new to the writing game, and have been dabbing into  short film script writing, and fanfiction (I know, not the most flattering of writing options).

Hi Ivy,

Glad you are interested.  Short-form writing like scripts and novellas are great, and I have read some pretty good fanfic!  There is a huge audience for it.

Hopefully a few more people respond and we can set up a meeting at a cafe or somewhere. :)

Taylor

I would be down to meet. I'm also an American writer here in Munich.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't register that this was posted a year ago. Did anything ever come of this?

Hey, never managed a meet up (I believe the monthly group mentioned above has not been active in a year).  

I am always up for meeting other writers though, and maybe we can still try to get a group going? I have one other Munich-writer-friend. :)

Taylor

Cool, thanks for replying. I'll send you a message.

If anybody else is interested, feel free to message me directly. I'm always happy to discuss writing, edit work, etc. Maybe we can get something going.