Cologne Station Sexual Assaults - How Can I Make My Voice Heard?

2,212 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Boots said:

Doesn't have to be.

Islamist extremists hate naturalised Muslims in Europe and hate the asylum seekers who are, after all, escaping their clutches. Every time a European country accepts a refugee, it's a slap in the face for Daesh/ISIS and their like. Can you see why they might see an advantage in driving a wedge between refugees and their hosts?

IS recruits constantly from the ranks of European Muslims. They also realize that a society whose Interior Ministry expends a lot of time and effort patrolling social media looking for criticism of the migrants and prosecuting it, as well as having a de facto open borders policy, is also an easy target for them.

1 minute ago, airwave said:

Are you saying the Koeln police has ~1000 ISIS members on CCTV and isn't doing anything about it? :)

I'm saying there is some evidence that *someone* wanted to instigate these kind of events in more than one country, starting in the refugee camps in Finland, Denmark and Germany (evidence coming from those police forces, not idle rumours). I'm as baffled as anyone as to who would do this and why.

Logic - of course - might not necessarily be a factor.

and it doesn't take 1,000 people to instigate a riot, half a dozen can do it given enough ignorance and misinformation.

31 minutes ago, gemini said:

Jebus RF, despite what  you seem to feel, most, yet most Muslims are decent people.  And here you have very decent people coming out and being damn brave and doing the right thing.  

Is there an issue in the Muslim World in general with their views on women...yes, but not all.  Clearly you have some out there trying to move the needle.  That is what we need!

Let's support those who are out...Muslim and non-Muslim, doing the right thing.  Like I said before, I don't give a rats ass who my neighbor is, as long as the live by the laws of the land and keep their religon to themselves.  

I don`t really understand your hippie way of thinking. Never really have, as most of your posts are just confusing. You do not really know in which direction you should turn in this debate. I do not care about the 99% which you think are good people. I am more concerned about the 1% which are not.

The 1% will have a much greater impact in your life than the other 99%.

If you feel the need to go around spreading refugee hippie love be my guest, but don`t expect me to follow.

3 minutes ago, Boots said:

I'm saying there is some evidence that *someone* wanted to instigate these kind of events in more than one country, starting in the refugee camps in Finland, Denmark and Germany (evidence coming from those police forces, not idle rumours). I'm as baffled as anyone as to who would do this and why.

Logic - of course - might not necessarily be a factor.

Or that maybe it was very simple logic (instinctual level) that when one wants to have "fun" with women he would go to crowded areas - such as central squares on NYE - without any instigation needed? 

Hardly hippy love.  But not at all offended if you don't follow.  I just am willing to show support for people in a culture which has underlying issues with women, standing up and doing the right thing.  

15 minutes ago, Boots said:

Every time a European country accepts a refugee, it's a slap in the face for Daesh/ISIS and their like.

Or they might be hi-fiving each other about the spread of the religion? And once demographically the numbers are ripe, the manipulation games can begin? I mean, if you are talking hypothetically, so am I.

...and the sexual assaults continue...
A group of 8 to 10 men in Paderborn molested several women in the early hours of this morning. When the police arrived the men tried to escape but two were caught. They are probably North African but had no ID.

8 to 10 isn't on the same scale as other cities on NYE but I doubt that makes the victims feel any better.

This isn't just about NYE,  big gatherings, big cities or organised mobs. Just a normal weekend in a smaller town and the police seem powerless to prevent it.

23 minutes ago, gemini said:

Hardly hippy love.  But not at all offended if you don't follow.  I just am willing to show support for people in a culture which has underlying issues with women, standing up and doing the right thing.  

It is not the culture, it is people.

I think every religion needs to go through an "Age of Enlightenment"; we, Christians, had ours in the 18th century after centuries of dogma and superstition.  Right now, interpreting the Bible as being the direct word of God is laughed at, since it's been proven that the New Testament, for example, was written as a collection of books from various authors, with sometimes contradictory facts just like most historical primary sources are.  This does not destroy my faith in Jesus, as a Christian, but it is simply an acknowledgement of reason and reality.

I respect any person of any faith, JOker, who doesn´t believe in killing people to prove their faith. Which means I respect you, for example. 

46 minutes ago, Boots said:

Of course it's a lot easier to incite people to act in a certain way if you have a name for it.

One of the comments on this piece is gold.

"In other stunning news, countries that imported thousands of rattlesnakes reported a sharp increase in the number of poisonous bites" :lol:

On 06/01/2016, 14:57:30, gemini said:

Maybe we need to organize an Expats Opposing Sexual violence against Women...then yes, maybe the Germans will join in.  

Please also include a training to men to react in numbers if they witness women being mistreated in public.  

In a decently lit central area a 100 strong mob mistreated women and the rest just looked on ?? I don't understand. Surely the saner folks there outnumbered the intoxicated mob. 

In mumbai, in a crowded area if a lady raises a voice against a man mistreating her physically , the rest of the public would go hammer and tongs at him - beat him up, no questions asked. No one waits for police to show up.

Appears uncaring to me, to not intervene and just watch  the dignity of a lady be threatened..

Shocked,

Mosmi.

First of all, the cologne (or other places) sex offenders should be chased and punished seriously and there is no doubt in that!

As i hear about other similar reports even in smaller towns, i get more angry and even more stressed while living here in Germany with my family.

But i 'm also disappointed by German government/police and also by the media about how they handled the refugees and their problems so far. And i believe if they had done something about it earlier, these horrible incidents wouldn't have happened!

The way media spread it, everything have been calm, smooth and in control until the NYE when Muslims/Middle-Eastern refugees raised up and tried to apply their gang-rape culture to German women!!! This misinterpretation of the events made me so annoyed even as someone who do not belong to any part of the story (not German, not refugee, not Muslim), but as someone who is temporary living in this land.

1st- As i dig out, there were numerous sex assault and real rape incidents reported in refugee camps where both the victims and the offenders where refugees or Muslims (if you prefer it that way). And the media didn't cover them properly nor German / PEGIDA got angry about them happening! On the other hand, when the same incident happened in more public scale in the NYE, they broadcast it as a Muslim/refugee culture attack against German women. And more than that, they never mentioned that there were non-German and even maybe middle eastern or Muslim women among the victims in cologne or other recent incidents. And even when they announced in TV the number of identified suspects from African or middle-eastern countries, they never mentioned that there were even Germans among them as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/09/world/europe/cologne-new-years-eve-attacks.html?_r=0

And maybe media/government is not aware of that, but they are showing it as an African/Muslim/middle-eastern culture/religious attack against pure blood German culture. And it definitely influence people's minds with racist thoughts which can bring not so desired consequences even for the German culture.

2nd- As always the German system was so slow in forecasting the future possible problems (ex: see what a short period cold-weather can do to Germany). Government let Muslim refugees inside in the large scale, which in the first place i consider it as a humane and high value feature for Germany. But now that we are in the 21st century, every country can anticipate the possible problems when importing refugees in large scale, and it's not enough to just accommodate and feed them. No matter where they came from, although there are many peaceful people among them seeking a peaceful place to live in calm, there are as well naughty people or culprits inside them which should be seriously informed about the law of the current land, and also getting controlled closely starting from their refugee camps so they never get the impression that they are in lawless place and what they do wouldn't bring any consequences for them! And i'm sure same thing would happened if in an imaginary situation a large scale of Germans refugees (no offence) were let in a Muslim or non-Muslim country without being seriously controlled.  Of course government could have anticipated the recent public sexual attacks (esp in NYE) while having reports of similar incidents from the refugee camps even months before!

2 hours ago, mosmi said:

In mumbai, in a crowded area if a lady raises a voice against a man mistreating her physically , the rest of the public would go hammer and tongs at him - beat him up, no questions asked. No one waits for police to show up.

Come on, please don`t use India as the embodiment of women rights.

The problem also stems from Europe's lack of willingness to integrate the Islamic minority!  (It takes two to tango)

I mean, look at France!  Third and Fourth Generation North Africans are still living in massive poverty in the Banlieues, with little access to decent jobs, vastly underrepresented in the media.  There are virtually no role models for young muslims in the French media, still seen as children of foreigners who will leave one day even though many have never been anywhere outside France and so on!!!

While it's true many Muslims don't really make an effort to integrate, it's also true a lot of EU countries have done very little if nothing in order to integrate their muslim populations.

A huge problem is the approach towards multiculturalism!  You have the "let's focus on differences" (like South Africa, and until recently the US), and the "let's focus on what makes us similar"  (like a lot countries in South America, China with its minorities etc.)

As a state, politicians need to enforce the sense of multiculturalism INSIDE a national identity!  (WE ALL BELONG, BUT WE CAN BE DIFFERENT AND STILL BE PART OF...)  Huge problem for Germany where national identity is something sot of a taboo!!  (Focus on creating a strong INCLUSIVE German identity, that sees itself as multicultural.  Germans want to suppress national identity in order to feel multicultural, big mistake... CREATE A STRONG NATIONAL IDENTITY THAT INCLUDES MINORITIES AND MAKES THEM PART OF THE PICTURE!!!

Make the young unemployed Turkish feel German for example, try to create positive stereotypes of minorities in the media, don't do like the US with hollywood and its ridiculous stereotyping which will do nothing, but further isolate its demographics and create stereotypes, look at how much Americans care about race for example!!) 

basically... Focus on similarities, not differences!

38 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Come on, please don`t use India as the embodiment of women rights.

Women dignity in crowded public places is the subject of comment.

In public places deemed as safe india, such instances will not happen hence the shock. 

In places marked as unsafe, the ladies are warned right since childhood...

I also thought it would  be safer here, atleast in reasonably lighted public places.

Peace

Moshmi.