Cologne Station Sexual Assaults - How Can I Make My Voice Heard?

2,212 posts in this topic

It just gets better and better. First Cologne, now Berlin.

http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/friedrichshain-kreuzberg/karneval-der-kulturen-auch-weitere-frauen-wurden-belaestigt

See how carefully crafted story it is, just to be politically correct. An interview from a 15 year old, talking about how German men were aggressive.

"Schülerin Yare O. (15) wurde selbst Opfer: „In einer Masse von Jungs wurden wir richtig aggressiv angemacht, sollten für sie tanzen. Das waren so viele, die wollten einfach nicht gehen, obwohl wir uns gewehrt haben. Die meisten waren Deutsche.“ "

Majority were German, my ass!!

while I haven't read every post in this thread, the "immigrant", "refugee", "Muslim" references to attacks on women seem prominent.  what I don't see are complaints about the so-called german police who stand by and watch whilst crimes are committed (Koln), Berlin ( Police were able to intervene and detained three of the attackers, one 14-year-old and two 17-year-olds, confirming later on Twitter that they were already known to police. After taking their details, the men were released.), Duisburg's Love Fest where after years of investigation no one is responsible or to blame.  the outrage on this post is misplaced.

1 hour ago, Perfect Poise said:

Why bother, each case would just say "released due to lack of evidence..."

The report I read said they were released

I have to wonder what kind of evidence they require.  And how is it that someone grabbing another person's body, or worse, is blown off, but oh...a stolen cell phone?  now you've got something worth pursuing.

these guys are known to the police.  How many times do they get picked up before they at least TRY to prosecute? 

reminds me of the sad state of affairs in the US where sex offenders and muggers are so often let go because they have no prior convictions.

so basically they use prior convictions as a precondition for conviction in a new case - completely inane.

6 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

these guys are known to the police.  How many times do they get picked up before they at least TRY to prosecute? 

if they didn`t pay the GEZ they would be off the streets and in prison without passing GO.

50 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I have to wonder what kind of evidence they require.  And how is it that someone grabbing another person's body, or worse, is blown off, but oh...a stolen cell phone?  now you've got something worth pursuing.

reminds me of the sad state of affairs in the US where sex offenders and muggers are so often let go because they have no prior convictions.

so basically they use prior convictions as a precondition for conviction in a new case - completely inane.

Here's an article in German, "Mehr Anzeigen wegen sexueller Belästigung", FAZ, 31 May 2016, which explains that three suspects who had been in temporary custody, presumably in order to clarify their identity, were released because "there are no reasons for detention". This is the usual procedure if suspects do have a permanent domicile in Germany and there is no danger of absconding while police and the prosecutor investigate the allegations. The danger of recurrence may also justify custody, but overall custody is used cautiously. The suspects who were released are likely to be summoned for interrogations. As a result of the investigations, the prosecutor decides whether to formally stop the procedures, impose a penalty or bring charges against the suspect, who then becomes an accused in a trial, if the court approves of the charge by the prosecutor. The impression that a stolen cell phone may lead to criminal procedures more easily might have to do with the clear material evidence (e.g. the person having the stolen cell phone on them or in their abode), as opposed to the more difficult unequivocal identification of suspects by victims or eye witnesses via video recordings, picture files and confrontations.

Thank you RainyDays,

You are a very frequent visitor these days. No sun in sight nearby ☺

In case we wish to find out if the crimes discussed on this thread have resulted in any conviction, is there a website or similar where we can look it up  ?

This one is fresh and will take time to investigate. However the earlier ones ,perhaps the investigations on those are completed.Were the  accused identified ? Where are they now ?

Surely there are deterrents in place to prevent such crimes in Deutschland.

Thanks

Mosmi.

Hello Mosmi, yeah, the rainy days got a bit out of hand!

My recommendation is to read German newspapers, watch news shows for follow-ups. It can however take some time until trials begin. If you are referring to developments in the Cologne cases, here are articles: FAZ, 11 April 2016, one defendant was acquitted: FAZ, 6 May.