is it legal to carry this knife

79 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, TraceKira said:

Sorry but i dont need your bullshit. When you cannot run like the guy ar 2:45 ... what choice do you have ? Use karate  :)

You should watch the Punisher. 

Harry Heck says to Frank

You are one dumb son of a bitch. Bringing a knife to a gunfight.

The OP reminds me of when I was living international housing in France and this one spoilt rich boy who lived in the same house came back from the Easter break complaining about how that the German authorities took away his switchblade knife when his train crossed from Switzerland into Germany (the police can take switchblade knives from you they think you have the intention to use it on others, switchblades aren't generally allowed for self-defence).  Apparently, his girlfriend and him were mugged in Amsterdam a few days later when they went down a poorly-lit back alley in the Red Light District late at night. The mugger, a tall muscular guy, had a knife on him and threatened the two of them. I said to him said mugger probably does this for a living and could probably defend himself better than a couple of stoned, scrawny American kids who have never actually had to use a knife to defend themselves and it probably wasn't very smart to go down poorly-lit back alley at night especially while under the influence in the first place. However, he was convinced that he would have won.

If you are really so scared, then get something non-deadly like pepper-spray, if you do really get in a situation that you are so afraid of, it will give you enough time to get away and if you are no so lucky and they get it off of you and use it on you, you won't die from it.  A lot of the situations the OP mentioned are things that seem like he was reading into the situation of danger being there, where there wasn't. Stabbing someone for accidentally (or maybe not accidentally) elbowing you or standing your way or doing something childish like trying to knock off someone's headphones seems like more than an overreaction. Hey, if I stabbed everyone who stood in my way when I was on my way to work in the train station, I would have killed a lot of people by now of various nationalities. People are often in their own little worlds and generally don't realise that they are inconveniencing others and need a few seconds to react.

Every human beeing should carry one because it can came a moment(with so many terrorist friendly muslim refugees) when someone just want to take your throat and dont give shit about your money

By the way did you hear about the fact that they closed the Munich train station due to a fear of terorrist attack ? Do you think they had ak47 ...or some knives ?

Look what the muslim terrorists did in China train station

"

The 2014 Kunming attack was a terrorist attack[3][4][5] in the Chinese city of Kunming, Yunnan, on 1 March 2014. The incident, targeted against civilians, left 29 civilians and 4 perpetrators[1] dead with more than 140 others injured.[4][6] The attack has been called a "massacre" by some news media.[7][8][9]

"

"

At 9:20 pm local time on 1 March 2014,[19] a group of individuals dressed in black clothes rushed into the square and ticket lobby of Kunming Railway Station and started to attack people indiscriminately.[20] Initial reports indicated there were ten assailants armed with knives and cleavers.[20]

The assailants killed 29 people and injured 143 (including seven policemen). Two security guards employed by the station were among the dead. The wounded were treated at 11 hospitals in Kunming.[21] Police initially attempted to subdue the attackers using tear gas shells but were unable to do so,[22] before shooting four suspects and arresting one. A wounded female suspect was detained at the scene and sent to a hospital.[23]"

3 hours ago, TraceKira said:

Look what Indiana Jones did to a guy carrying a big knife

On 31/12/2015 12:25:12, TraceKira said:

. To be honest i feel more safe in Romania on the streets than here in great Germany.

Then go home. I'm sure the German people would be glad to see the back of another "Roma thief".

Bloody foreigners coming over here and the first thing they do is complain that its full of foreigners.

I suppose you need to buy mail order as no German shop keepers would sell such an implement to a known criminal class.

Is this enough racial stereotypes for you? Not all Muslims want to slit our throats, though for you I'm sure they'd make an exception.

4 hours ago, TraceKira said:

Every human beeing should carry one because it can came a moment(with so many terrorist friendly muslim refugees) when someone just want to take your throat and dont give shit about your money

Sure, after all this is the same argument  used in the US , and americans are doing so well with their crime rate. 

"Better be ready! you never know when you might be attacked by a terrorist."

meanwhile a toddler accidentally shoots his mother in a Walmart, a 5 year old boy shoots his sister while playing, a mother shoots her daughter because she thought it was a home invader. Sure, easy access to weapons is a great idea. Makes us all very safe.

The only other places in the world outside the USwhere I've seen weapons so readily available or carried around were in news reports out of War torn African and middle-eastern countries. Let's please not turn Germany into one of these places. More weapons means more bloodshed, not less.

5 hours ago, TraceKira said:

By the way did you hear about the fact that they closed the Munich train station due to a fear of terorrist attack ? Do you think they had ak47 ...or some knives ?

First of all, vmelchers makes a good point, there are many people that have that attitude with guns in the US, and the paranoia and large amount of guns has only lead to a "far higher rates of firearm deaths-firearm homicides, firearm suicides, and unintentional firearm deaths compared with other high-income countries."Homicide_Suicide_and_Unintentional_Firearm_Fatality_Comparing_the_United_States_With_Other_High-Income_Countries_2003

Second of all, terrorism-related deaths in the Western world are extremely low, about 2.6% of all worldwide terrorism-related deaths since 2000 have happened in the West; and if you take 11 September 2001 from the stats, you have less that 0.5% of all terrorism deaths in the West, you are for more likely to die by falling off the platform at the station and being ran over. http://www.smh.com.au/world/terrorism-deaths-in-2014-the-highest-on-record-global-terrorism-index-2015-finds-20151119-gl2puz.html

And finally the supposedly planned attacks in Munich were supposed to be suicide bombers, I don't really know what you think you are going to do with a knife versus someone with a bomb and a death wish. But if you want terrorists to dictate how you live your life, just make sure you don't kill someone innocent by accident.

I'm all for defending yourself, thats why I always carry pepper spray with me and I agree that these are scary times. Anyone that reads/watchs the news can tell you that but what happens when someone that looks abit like a refugee/or is a refugee bumps into this guy by accident and he gets knifed to death. I think you have to be really careful when walking the streets with a knife.

Pepper Spraying an innocent person sucks, but there still alive at the end of the day. You need to be super sure when using a knife. Really though, I'm pretty scared myself these days, just keep your wits about you, if you have any.

13 minutes ago, TraceKira said:

Still think Islam is just another religion?

tl;dr

and I still think you're a dumbass  carrying a knife

I don't think that your hatred of Islam has anything at all to do with whether or not you are permitted to carry a certain knife in Germany.

Seems to me you have too much time on your hands if you can get together a list like that - I guess your girlfriend doesn't have time for you this weekend, huh?

I think Tracekira now holds the TT record for the longest post...EVER!! Just the 'Source' is missing.

1 hour ago, Mr.G said:

tl;dr

and I still think you're a dumbass  carrying a knife

As pretty much everyone else here. As I mentioned most terror attacks happen outside the West, I used search to help with the post and found 2 in Germany, only one of which died, which confirms my assertion that you more likely to die here because you fall off the platform at the station and get ran over, 172 died in Germany in 2014 due to train related accidents, maybe he wants to use his knife against the trains. ;)Länder mit den meisten Todesfällen durch Bahnunfälle in Europa im Jahr 2014

1 hour ago, Mr.G said:
11 minutes ago, PLS said:

As pretty much everyone else here. As I mentioned most terror attacks happen outside the West, I used search to help with the post and found 2 in Germany, only one of which died, which confirms my assertion that you more likely to die here because you fall off the platform at the station and get ran over, 172 died in Germany in 2014 due to train related accidents, maybe he wants to use his knife against the trains. ;)Länder mit den meisten Todesfällen durch Bahnunfälle in Europa im Jahr 2014

We will wait and see.

Do you know next year is planned to come in germany aprox 1.500.000 new refugees , most young men , muslims ?

And the next year the same , etc

Now what do you think it would happens in 5 years with almost 7.500.000 milliions ?

Now let me tell you that they are allowed to bring their families here? That would be easily 15.000.000 in 10 years . Lets talk again in 10 years and i am sure you will all eat your words. What happens now in Gaza with daily knife attack by arabs against jews it will be here . Now i will not posy anything in this thread as i have already posted all i had to post

19 minutes ago, TraceKira said:

We will wait and see.

Do you know next year is planned to come in germany aprox 1.500.000 new refugees , most young men , muslims ?

And the next year the same , etc

Now what do you think it would happens in 5 years with almost 7.500.000 milliions ?

Now let me tell you that they are allowed to bring their families here? That would be easily 15.000.000 in 10 years . Lets talk again in 10 years and i am sure you will all eat your words. What happens now in Gaza with daily knife attack by arabs against jews it will be here . Now i will not posy anything in this thread as i have already posted all i had to post

Where on Earth are you getting those numbers from? There aren't even that many Syrian refugees worldwide, let alone planning to come to Germany. In 2010, there was estimated 4,119,000 Muslims in Germany, about 5% of the total German population. The number of Muslims was probably higher in 2015 but even with those numbers, you are talking about 0.000049% of the Muslim population in terrorist-related acts in Germany. If you are scared of 0.000049%, then I wonder how you manage to leave the house with how likely it is to die in a car accident or just walking down the road and being hit, even at home choking on food, falling down the stairs, or slipping when you get out of the shower. It must be pretty bad to be so scared for no reason.

Amen to that, JG52.

A knife is perhaps the worst possible choice of a self-defence weapon: short range, easy to be taken away from you, likely to get you in trouble with the law even if you do absolutely nothing, big chance of a serious wound (to yourself or to someone else) in case of a fight. I can't see any benefit to carrying one, unless it's your third tool as a hunter (after a rifle and .40 / .45 handgun).