Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Birth control pills for asylum seeker/refugee

56 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, katheliz said:

My advice.  Literally.

I think I've got a blunt knife somewhere around here...!!! :D

Just wondering, TraceKira..do you have to sneak into the refugee camp at night?:D Sounds like the kind of thing I´d have done in my youth! A friend of mine nearly got caught in a cupboard once with a married woman...I was unlucky.. got  caught!:lol:

24 minutes ago, john g. said:

I was unlucky.. got  caught!:lol:

And what happened next, 'blew' your mind? Tell us more...bitte.. ;)

36 minutes ago, katheliz said:

My advice.  Literally.

Taken - and it was snip snip :P

3 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

And what happened next, 'blew' your mind? Tell us more...bitte.. ;)

On the night shift at a news agency in London..she was Italian..can´t remember her name. I don´t know how we ended up there but, suddenly the door opened, and my mate Mike just said " Hi , John ", we smiled and we left the cupboard and went up to the whisky bar upstairs with red faces! I was a journalist at the Spanish EFE news agency then and it was  a quiet night at work ( I think!).  All I remember was she had big breasts, which is normally not an attraction for me. I think, rather, it had something to do with a joint or two!

By the way, Mike was the one  who nearly got caught inflagrante in Rio years before. My story was c 1985!

Zeitgeist!

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

All I remember was she had big breasts, which is normally not an attraction for me.

Happy memories then...hehe... :D

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

Women on benefits and limited income in Germany can get birth control free including asylum seekers. Which obviously makes sense because the costs involved of subsequent pregnancies.

This is provided by some districts on a voluntary basis - not generally! Conditions also vary extremely, some do not cover people on limited income but only benefits, some may also not cover all kinds of contraceptives - Berlin for example does not pay for any prescriptions containing cyproterone acetate (i.e. pills that also function as acne medication). Most places in South Germany do not cover contraceptives btw.

Since it might be useful for others for basic information there are relevant flyers from the Region of Hanover regarding their cost coverage in Arabic, English, German, Russian, Serbocroat and Turkish. Note that this information only applies for citizens of the Region of Hannover. They also cover sterilization there btw, which due to certain historical connotations can be considered pretty distasteful.

5 minutes ago, Erdmann said:

Happy memories then...hehe... :D

Happy more like " can´t remember the details"!!!:D

5 minutes ago, Metall said:

John, you really need to publish your beat poet autobiography! :D

Too many lawyers who know nothing about the time!!! Look at the witchhunting going on now about stuff from the 70´s and the 80´s! It was different...

Perhaps... but then I hardly think you behaved like Bill Cosby. :ph34r:

To get back on topic, the OP really needs to be very very careful with the girl!

I thought they put birth control in the water in all asylum centers.

Doesn't an applicant get to stay automatically if she gets pregnant by a German or he if he gets a German pregnant?

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Doesn't an applicant get to stay automatically if she gets pregnant by a German or he if he gets a German pregnant?

Only if the child is born...

21 hours ago, katheliz said:
17 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Since according to the OP's profile, he is romanian, this has no bearing on the matter, although there is a strong possibility that the girl in question might want to get pregnant in order to strengthen her case to stay in Germany.

@TraceKira, in Germany you will pay for the child until they turn 18 years old. That's the price for those who for unknown reason refuse to carry a condom.

Birth control pregnancy chance is 5% if the pill is taken every single day.

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Birth control pregnancy chance is 5% if the pill is taken every single day.

Which is not very probable in the chaotic circumstances of a refugee camp... some of these birth control pills even have to be taken at the same time - every day!